DMN Blog: Andre Gurode: 'I'm good'...Newman added to injury report (groin)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Andre Gurode: 'I'm good'
1:28 PM Fri, Oct 03, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Pro Bowl C Andre Gurode practiced today and said his sprained left ankle won't keep him from playing against the Bengals. "I'm good," he said while removing the tape from his ankle.

That means Cory Procter will start at left guard again, although the Cowboys plan to give Montrae Holland some playing time there, too.

UPDATE: Gurode was listed as "limited participation" on the official practice report. He's listed as questionable.

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Terence Newman added to injury report
2:19 PM Fri, Oct 03, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Terence Newman was a surprise addition to the injury report on Friday. He is listed as questionable with a groin injury.

Newman originally suffered the injury early in training camp and did not play in the season opener at Cleveland. He saw action the nickel defense vs. Philadelphia before returning to a full-time role the last two games.

Safety Pat Watkins will not play but he is listed as doubtful. Defensive linemen Stephen Bowen (hamstring) and Tank Johnson (ankle) are also listed as questionable. Fullback Deon Anderson (knee), tight end Jason Witten (shoulder) are probable. In case you didn't see Timmy Mac's blog post, center Andre Gurode is questionable, too.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

reddyuta

Reaction score
is this a new injury or recurring one?-I hope we didnt bring him up too soon-that would suck.

zeromaster

Reaction score
It's two straight seasons, and two nagging injuries. Does this play into the coverage issues last week at all? Recall TNew did slip suddenly while shadowing the receiver (pre-snap) in that goal-line pass play that he appeared to want Watkins (?) to pick up the coverage on. It will be interesting to see where this goes long-term considering the contract he signed.

If any of you want to read anything inflammatory into this, feel free.
:lmao:

juck

Reaction score
3-2-1 NEWMAN is a twinkie!!the guy takes ****** forever to heal.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
The way Newman played last week, this is good news.........get Pacman and Jenkins in there to jam the receivers on the line.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2305804 said:
The way Newman played last week, this is good news.........get Pacman and Jenkins in there to jam the receivers on the line.

Absurd...:banghead:

juck

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2305808 said:
Absurd...:banghead:
In the last two years Newman has been hurt or"playing"hurt practically always.A slight groin tear?that was over 2 months ago.Either he is just one of those twinkie types or Wade lies terribly about injuries.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
when Newmans career in Dallas is over.....I think we will look back on it and say "he was good, but he was never great" I mean I think he has had several good seasons...but no great seasons. I would love for him to at least have ONE great season...but I am not sure we will ever get it.

juck

Reaction score
bbailey423;2305816 said:
when Newmans career in Dallas is over.....I think we will look back on it and say "he was good, but he was never great" I mean I think he has had several good seasons...but no great seasons. I would love for him to at least have ONE great season...but I am not sure we will ever get it.
yea cause he is constantly hurt in some way.

Boysboy

Reaction score
I am SO glad we drafted Jenkins with our #25(and, of course, added Pacman).

With all the flack Jerry et al got for drafting Jenkins instead of DeSean Jackson(or another WR)...I think we can all say that the RIGHT decision was made.:)

Boysboy

Reaction score
thewireman;2305830 said:
I didn't say he was soft, I just asked why is he always hurt

Wasn't he injury prone in college? He was 25 when he went into the draft in '03, but if memory serves, that's what I've heard.

I love this guy, when HEALTHY, he's one of the best shutdown corners. But nonetheless, drafting a 25 year old corner is a pretty big risk.

With that being said, I hope he gets back to full strength soon. Good thing is that he have a pretty easy schedule this month, so hopefully, by the Giants game on 11/2 he'll be OK.