DMN Blog: Cowboys can't keep hitting snooze button

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8:22 PM Sun, Oct 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Patrick Crayton stood in a hushed locker room and suggested that the Cowboys could use a little discipline.

"Maybe we need our ***** chewed out or something," Crayton said.

The loss to Washington should have been a wake-up call for the Cowboys, Crayton said. It clearly wasn't. The Cowboys followed that up with an ugly win over the 0-fer Bengals, and the head coach and several players spent the next couple days defending that sloppy performance. The Cowboys didn't play any better today and paid for it with a loss to the Cardinals.

I hope you're not holding your breath for Wade Phillips to deliver any harsh words to his underachieving team. Well, Wade, are the Cowboys meeting your expectations?

"No, obviously not," he said during his postgame press conference. "We would like to be better. We lost two very close games and this was one of them."

Ooh, that oughta get the Cowboys' attention!!!

"I think we need to take it upon ourselves and be accountable to each other," Crayton said. "It doesn't have to be the head coach."

It obviously won't be the head coach. We'll find out whether the Cowboys are capable of pushing themselves.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

BlueStar22

Reaction score
that's a sad state of affairs. I know there's the "it's not time to panic" crowd out there but the playoffs are not a lock. Imo, it is time to panic considering what we've rolled out there the last 3 weeks. There's only 6 spots and 4 of those go to division winners and we're not in a good spot and have to go on the road for 3 more NFC East games. This team needs to get their **** together quickly.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2331426 said:
Wade just might open a can tonight

You called it Crazy, I just saw him on NFLN opening a can of Bush's Baked Beans, there was a little dribble rolling down his chin as he spooned them in. Kind of gross actually.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
If I were Jerry I would be in the locker room asking someone to be accountable for all the money he just paid to watch his team sleep walk through another game. How do you miss blocking guys on a punt???? Just brutal...and then you get your punter knocked out for the season....:bang2:

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Maybe this team just isn't that good. I actually thought after the kickoff and the first few series we collected ourselves and played ok. I guess I'm saying I thought this team played with some intensity, they showed some stones battling back to tie, maybe they just aren't good enough.

Counting the playoff defeat, 5-5 in their last 10. Them's the facts

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2331426 said:
Wade just might open a can tonight

No, some of the team leaders -- Romo, Witten, James, etc. need to open it up. Wade leaves it up to players to lead. Guys need to do that.