DMN Blog: Cowboys vow not to let Pacman Jones drama be a distraction...TO practices

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys vow not to let Pacman Jones drama be a distraction

2:14 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Dave Campo's take on the Valley Ranch circus atmosphere hit the bulls-eye.

"The Cowboys always have distractions," Campo said. "That's part of being a Cowboy. If you can't handle those things, you're not going to do well in this organization, really."

Only Jerry Jones can deny that the Pacman Jones drama has the potential to turn into a major distraction. It's up to the Cowboys players to make sure that doesn't happen while they battle for a playoff berth.

"You're so focused that you want to avoid that as much as you can," said TE Jason Witten, one of the Cowboys' league-leading eight captains. "I think with distractions in general - not just him - you've got to keep them to a minimum. It's too hard right now, especially for this team, to worry about all that other stuff.

"When he comes back, you've got to embrace him. He's a good football player. Hopefully, we keep those distractions as little as possible. But the team's got to stay focused. We can't allow that to be a distraction for us. That's not easy. We all understand that."

The general consensus among the players that talked in the locker room today was they would try not to worry much about Pacman.

"Hopefully he isn't a distraction," Williams said. "I don't know him. We're going to keep on truckin'. We can't let him pull us back. We're going to keep going, and he's going to have to catch up with us."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Cowboys vow not to let Pacman Jones drama be a distraction" is tagged: Dave Campo , Jason Witten , Roy Williams

Categories: Pacman Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T.O. doesn't talk, but he's practicing

1:58 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

T.O. was sent home due to suffering from flu-like symptoms Wednesday, when he usually holds his weekly chit-chats with the Valley Ranch media. He didn't talk today, but he's feeling well enough to participate in today's practice.

Frozen700

Reaction score
i dont get how that can distract anyone?

how? "oh pacman is causing trouble..so that means i cant play coverage the way i need too...or catch the ball...or pass the ball" it makes no sense

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2431773 said:

how? "oh pacman is causing trouble..so that means i cant play coverage the way i need too...or catch the ball...or pass the ball" it makes no sense

:laugh2: I was thinking the exact same thing

Frozen700

Reaction score
xWraithx;2431783 said:
:laugh2: I was thinking the exact same thing

lol the media loves to make a little problem into a huge volcano.....they need to chill its not that serious Pacman isn't linked to them mentally...they should have him on there mind when they are doing there thing on game day...

if they do..i question there sexuality

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
He is a distraction, he has been a distration. The fact they have to answer questions about it and not about the niners. Just like this website distracts some posters from getting actual work done...them not focusing on the niners and having to think about some thug coming back. Blah.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TO is not talking this week because all that will come out of it is.....

Former team vs New team

Media = Drama/Soap Opera

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score

Even if you're just working in an office, if one of your co-workers is always causing drama, it can affect everyone's work.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy .. when something happens the media bombards the players with endless questions about the player, thereby creating the distraction they previously predicted.

When a player is suspended, unless it's the quarterback, the team rarely loses any sleep over it because they treat it like an injury. The media on the other hand starts spouting out apocalypse quotes.

-Reality

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2431758 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T.O. doesn't talk, but he's practicing

1:58 PM Thu, Nov 20, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

T.O. was sent home due to suffering from flu-like symptoms Wednesday, when he usually holds his weekly chit-chats with the Valley Ranch media. He didn't talk today, but he's feeling well enough to participate in today's practice.

Yep, T.O. is going to implode just like Cowerd said!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
exactly Reality

the media becomes the distraction more than the player whose the supposed distraction

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
WR Roy Williams on Adam Pacman Jones: "Hopefully he isn't a distraction. I don't know him. We're going to keep on truckin'. We can't let him pull us back. We're going to keep going, and he's going to have to catch up with us."

Wow! What a quote from Roy Williams. Quotes like that demonstrate leadership. Up until now I liked the Williams aquisition, but I was never overly thrilled with it. But with a quote like that I think I've found myself my new favorite Cowboy. :D

Frozen700

Reaction score
Reality;2431845 said:
It's a self-fulfilling prophecy .. when something happens the media bombards the players with endless questions about the player, thereby creating the distraction they previously predicted.

When a player is suspended, unless it's the quarterback, the team rarely loses any sleep over it because they treat it like an injury. The media on the other hand starts spouting out apocalypse quotes.

-Reality

yea i hear you

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Danny White;2431831 said:
Even if you're just working in an office, if one of your co-workers is always causing drama, it can affect everyone's work.

absolutely true.

it is fairly obvious, anyone who denies it, is just lying to themselves.

The guy is a distraction, whether he gets in trouble again or not, he is a distraction.

In fact, the only thing jones brings to this team right now is distraction.

Frozen700

Reaction score
theebs;2431974 said:
absolutely true.

it is fairly obvious, anyone who denies it, is just lying to themselves.

The guy is a distraction, whether he gets in trouble again or not, he is a distraction.

In fact, the only thing jones brings to this team right now is distraction.

A office so different...you in a closed area...and to have someone getting up causing trouble....will make you look up n forget your work...if someone is yelling and going crazy..you will take notice in a closed area

in the cowboys case its Different.....pacman gets in trouble...they talk about it for a little...maybe even saying Goodell is dumb and get back to work...there not letting it be a distraction...the media is..not them....pacman isnt going crazy on the field..or cursing perople out during practice.....in there work environment

So if they drop a pass they cant get up and say..."oh pac man made me do it..i was thinking about it"...it doesn't sound as good as....... "while i was on the phone with a client..Robert got up and started going crazy slaming things so i droped the phone to get away from the action...i did not mean to be rude to the client by hanging up/dropping the phone.

And it also wont sound good...if a worker gets in trouble outside of work...and another co worker just stats dazzing off..ignoring the client...thinking about the worker who had trouble outside of work...

its different be real.....the media is the distraction..and they love to hype it up..and make a guy seem like a cancer

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2431988 said:
A office so different...you in a closed area...and to have someone getting up causing trouble....will make you look up n forget your work...if someone is yelling and going crazy..you will take notice in a closed area

in the cowboys case its Different.....pacman gets in trouble...they talk about it for a little...maybe even saying Goodell is dumb and get back to work...there not letting it be a distraction...the media is..not them....pacman isnt going crazy on the field..or cursing perople out during practice.....in there work environment

So if they drop a pass they cant get up and say..."oh pac man made me do it..i was thinking about it"...it doesn't sound as good as....... "while i was on the phone with a client..Robert got up and started going crazy slaming things so i droped the phone to get away from the action...i did not mean to be rude to the client by hanging up/dropping the phone.

And it also wont sound good...if a worker gets in trouble outside of work...and another co worker just stats dazzing off..ignoring the client...thinking about the worker who had trouble outside of work...

its different be real.....the media is the distraction..and they love to hype it up..and make a guy seem like a cancer

LOL

So pacman jones problems are caused by the media, and the distraction is caused by the media?

Bob Sturm used this perfect example yesterday, then howcome Doug Free and Joe Berger arent in trouble. the media could write about them?

You know why, you know what pacman is and deep down you know it is pathetic that this guys in the league and on our team.

Saying it is ok for him to be on this team is right in line with the people who said miles austin sucks, barber sucks and doesnt deserve a new contract, newman stinks and is soft, Montrae holland will take Kyle Kosier's spot as a starter, The terrell owens magic route theory etc etc etc..

it never ends around here. there is always some superman coming or one individual who needs to go. And on the week where we finally saw this team go out and play like one, we are now talking about this idiot again.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
if the players don't wanna get distracted by getting asked questions about pacman:rolleyes: than take the Barber approach. nobody has to talk to the media.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
theebs;2432002 said:
LOL

So pacman jones problems are caused by the media, and the distraction is caused by the media?

Bob Sturm used this perfect example yesterday, then howcome Doug Free and Joe Berger arent in trouble. the media could write about them?

You know why, you know what pacman is and deep down you know it is pathetic that this guys in the league and on our team.

Saying it is ok for him to be on this team is right in line with the people who said miles austin sucks, barber sucks and doesnt deserve a new contract, newman stinks and is soft, Montrae holland will take Kyle Kosier's spot as a starter, The terrell owens magic route theory etc etc etc..

it never ends around here. there is always some superman coming or one individual who needs to go. And on the week where we finally saw this team go out and play like one, we are now talking about this idiot again.

They proved last week who is needed and who is not. pacman is just another Jerry marketing toy, keeps the boys in the forefront of the news. The way jurrah likes it.

odog422

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2432105 said:
They proved last week who is needed and who is not. pacman is just another Jerry marketing toy, keeps the boys in the forefront of the news. The way jurrah likes it.

:hammer: