DMN Blog:Cowboys will have two-a-week workouts

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys will have two-a-week workouts
3:40 PM Mon, Nov 03, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
The Cowboys have a long list of things that need fixing but not much time to work this week. That's because Wade Phillips has scheduled practices for only Wednesday and Thursday.

The players have today and tomorrow off and will get a three-day weekend, when they'll be free to make get-away trips without drawing Wade's wrath as long as they stay out of trouble.

"That's the way we've done every bye week that I've coached and been with other coaches," he said.

Phillips wants to give his players who have aches and pains some rest. It sure seems like a team that has lost three of four games could use some extra work, especially since the No. 2 receiver is still learning the offense and four key players will hopefully be returning from injuries.

Hey, Wade, you ever have a team enter a bye week with so many issues?

"Not that I can think of," he said.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I would probably say, "Unbelievable", but it's pretty damn sad and believable.

What a shame...:eek::

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
:lmao2:

Where do you think some of the players are headed to this time?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No surprise here this guy just doesnt get it. "Its the way weve always done it". In case your fat arse hasnt noticed the way youve always done things isnt working, you need to shake things up and right this ship, I dont see how you are suppose to do that if you dont work at it.

This moron actually thinks everything will be just fine when we get our injured players back.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Anyone else just scared ****less that Jerry won't fired Wade.

I mean, even if this year went straight to the toilet, what if Jerry really likes Wade and won't fire the guy?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Another misleading title from MacMahon. He makes it sound like it will be this way every week, when it's only this week for the bye.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2397199 said:
Anyone else just scared ****less that Jerry won't fired Wade.

I mean, even if this year went straight to the toilet, what if Jerry really likes Wade and won't fire the guy?

he doesn't have to, he can just not renew his contract (which is up at the end of this season)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2397200 said:
Another misleading title from MacMahon. He makes it sound like it will be this way every week, when it's only this week for the bye.

Who cares. It shouldn't be like this for the bye. What has the team done to deserve any sort of relax time.

They should go 2 times per day for the whole week.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
how did Wade honestly make it this long in this business? the guy is too stupid and is definetly not HC material.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that Wade is making this up as he goes along?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;2397211 said:
Who cares. It shouldn't be like this for the bye. What has the team done to deserve any sort of relax time.

They should go 2 times per day for the whole week.
I think the point that's loss is that this team is pretty banged up. A couple extra days to heal up isn't going to hurt.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2397235 said:
I think the point that's loss is that this team is pretty banged up. A couple extra days to heal up isn't going to hurt.

No. But neither would a couple extra days practicing tackling.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
lets see 9 games in...lotta players trying to get healed, EVERY player
beat up and probably a little dead legged about now...i dont see how
taking some time off could possibly hurt this team.
bang on Wade about a lot of things but this isnt one of them IMO