DMN Blog: Emmitt Smith to Ocho Cinco: Kiss the star before the game

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2:49 PM Fri, Oct 03, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Emmitt Smith, a proud defender of the star, apparently doesn't consider Chad Ocho Cinco's plan to kiss the Cowboys' logo after a scoring a touchdown a sign of respect.

"He doesn't need to kiss the star if he scores a touchdown," Smith told SI.com. "He can kiss it during pre-game. The star is not moving, so why does he have to score a touchdown to come to the middle of the field to kiss the star? The star isn't going anywhere. He can kiss the star anytime he wants, but not after scoring a touchdown. I have a problem with that."

Emmitt also got in a shot at the original star celebrator. He used T.O.'s public request to get the ball more often (after an 18-pass, seven-catch effort in the loss to the Commanders) to question the Cowboys' heart.

"I thought he had turned the corner and matured," Smith said about T.O. "I thought he did a great job transitioning from the Eagles to the Cowboys, but this is the most negative information that has come from T.O. in about two years and that's not good, especially with the way that it's come out and how he's handled it. At the end of the day, some of the guys in that locker room have heart, some of them have a lot of heart and some of them just don't. The important thing is getting everyone on the same page so they have some team heart because I don't know if they have that yet."

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry

QT

Reaction score
Wow... I would love to hear Mike and Emmitt's conversation. You know they talk about this. Mike ALWAYS defends TO.

Lay down the law Emmitt....

Someone tell Emmitt that Ocho Cinco is gonna kiss the end zone star not the center star. (if he catches a TD)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Someone tell Emmitt that Ocho Cinco is gonna kiss the end zone star not the center star. (if he catches a TD)

So this should be an automatic 15 yard penalty, right?

QT

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2305893 said:

There were talking about this on the local sports show. Chad has to get on all 4's to kiss the star right? Someone said, unless he's very flexible. Because TO got that 15 for getting on all 4's and doing the Bolt thing...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Let him act like a fool. I'll take the 15 yard penalty on the ensuing kickoff and give Felix a better chance to take one to the house.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2305914 said:
Let him act like a fool. I'll take the 15 yard penalty on the ensuing kickoff and give Felix a better chance to take one to the house.

Exactly what I was thinking. Felix receiving the ball at the 20? Oh yeah.

Don Corleone

Reaction score

Yes because he has to remove his helmet and get on all 4's.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Probably a big fine and almost certainly a butt whopping.

And sometimes Emmitt annoys me.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Unless he's praying while kissing the star.

Oh and, preach EMMITT preach.;)

alby

Reaction score
I hope the camera goes to Chad if Felix really does score because of his penalty haha.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Uh, if he gets 15 yards for that I hope someone on our team gets fined for laying his butt out.

alby

Reaction score
The Cowboys should just pull an Emmitt and score on the very next possession then pound the football on the star, yelling out "this is our house!"

alby

Reaction score
Let's say Cincy is down 41-0 and Chad finally scores, do you think he'll still go through with it? lol

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

It will be and he might fined for it the league said something about it

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
alby;2306208 said:
Let's say Cincy is down 41-0 and Chad finally scores, do you think he'll still go through with it? lol

Probably not, he has some level of intelligence......I think

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
alby;2306208 said:
He just might.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
He pretty much has to touch the ground to actually kiss it so yeah...it should be a penalty. But it is likely a Moot Point since he won't catch a TD pass anyway.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
we should sign George Teague to a one game contract, just in case Ocho Cinco scores and runs towards the star. personally i dont think Chad will score a TD in this game, so it might all be for not.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Emmitt Is An Idiot And Doesnt Even Know How To Talk English! Why Is He On Tv?