WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Felix Jones isn't practicing again

1:31 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

It's looking more and more likely that Felix Jones will have the same offensive production Sunday that he did in the September loss to the Commanders: no carries and no catches.

Jones isn't practicing again today. Wade Phillips told us last week that Jones, who injured his hamstring a month ago in Arizona, was ready to go and only being held out of practice as a precautionary measure. Well, it looks like ol' Wade might have been fibbing.

Wednesday is the biggest practice workday of the week. Teams don't hold rookie running backs who haven't played in a month out of Wednesday practices as a precaution. The hamstring of the Cowboys' most explosive player obviously isn't 100 percent.

Comments (3) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
that's terrible news. If he doesn't play I hope Choice gets some carries before the 4th quarter.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ahhhh well. That sucks. But getting Romo, Newman, and Kyle back is still huge and we should still get the job done.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I hate hamstring injuries. This was suppose to be 2-3 weeks right for Felix? Well it's been 4 weeks and it's still bothering him. The injury seems to never go away. :bang2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i tried to say awhile back that felix jones had some hamstring issues and some of you said i was all wrong, now maybe you will believe me when i try to mention something,

Nexx

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414694 said:
i tried to say awhile back that felix jones had some hamstring issues and some of you said i was all wrong, now maybe you will believe me when i try to mention something,

:rolleyes::thumbdo::fogeys:

aikemirv

Reaction score
I bet he will play, practice or not. I just get the feeling from just watching his interview. They are just being cautious with him.

He picks things up quickly and he knows his assignments - at least that is what they said about him in TC.

Pitch to the right and beat everyone to the corner! He can handle that w/out practice time.

Kilyin

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414694 said:

dude, get over yourself.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
aikemirv;2414717 said:
I bet he will play, practice or not. I just get the feeling from just watching his interview. They are just being cautious with him.

He picks things up quickly and he knows his assignments - at least that is what they said about him in TC.

Pitch to the right and beat everyone to the corner! He can handle that w/out practice time.
I sense GOOD VIBES coming from this post.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
you cant play if you dont practice in over a month, theres no way

even mickey said yesterday from what he heard, that felix looks like he might not play, then what hurd said the other night,

Reaction score
I highly doubt he plays. I wouldn't expect it. Trying to come back from a pulled hamstring in one month is pretty stupid.

If he does play look for one quick burst, then a torn hamstring, then out till next year.

Let it rest Felix... Cause if you don't as soon as you hit game speed its done.

1fisher

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414694 said:

maybe we had a hard time interpreting your post? :laugh2:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414694 said:
:lmao2:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414694 said:

Maybe its because nobody can understand the gibberish in your posts?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
StylisticS;2414689 said:
I hate hamstring injuries. This was suppose to be 2-3 weeks right for Felix? Well it's been 4 weeks and it's still bothering him. The injury seems to never go away. :bang2:

Seems like every injury coming out the mouths of the staff have been down-played. Either that or they're coddling.

Press: "Felix has a bum hammy. How long, coach?

Wade: "Mmmm, bout an hour.............." :rolleyes:

Givincer

Reaction score
Just like I don't expect Newman to be 100% this season with a groin injury, I don't expect Jones to be 100% this season with a hamstring injury.

Just not going to happen.

zeromaster

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414694 said:

Maybe you could try posting a link to some legitimate source and we'd be inclined to take it seriously. :eek:

Just a thought.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414694 said:
Why did the mods get rid of that smilie doing the three-knuckle-shuffle :rolleyes:

I think it would be perfect in response to these kinds of posts.