DMN Blog: Fred Smoot: 'We exposed them'...T.O. Responds

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fred Smoot: 'We exposed them'

9:29 AM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

If you're looking for one of the best blogs around go here and click on the Fred Smoot video.

Smoot, the talkative Commanders cornerback, said the Commanders exposed the Cowboys in their first meeting and it's hard to argue with that considering the Cowboys have lost four of their last six. He also talks of his hate of the Cowboys toward the end of the package.

And if you want some Commanders' talk go here on the Washington Post site as well. You might have to register, but it's free.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (6) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Looking for an omen?

10:18 AM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

You never know what you might find in the Cowboys' weekly press release, but this caught my eye: the Cowboys are 5-2 all time in games played on Nov. 16.

Two of those wins? Yep, against the Commanders. They beat Washington in1969, 41-28, and, 17-14, in 1997.

So take that for what it's worth.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

T.O. shoots down Fred Smoot's comment about Commanders exposing Cowboys

12:58 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Washington CB Fred Smoot thinks the Commanders exposed the Cowboys in September. T.O. disagrees despite the fact that the Cowboys have lost four of the last six games.

"I wouldn't say they exposed us," T.O. said. "We just didn't play well. If you look at the situation and the score, we lost by two points. I think there were some opportunities that we missed. If that's the case, I can say we exposed them the last time we played them, when I scored four touchdowns.

"It is what it is. We're really not worried about what somebody else says. If he needs to say that to get himself hyped for this game, then so be it. We'll be ready."

Considering Smoot's experience on the infamous Love Boat in Minnesota, he probably ought to refrain from using the word "exposed" in public.

Comments (5) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
more fuel for the fire. they exposed how to deal with T.O. minus Roy. they will not see the same look sorry.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
and for a giggle maybe this will fire some people up!!!

[youtube]Hq9E1I6Znzc[/youtube]

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Man, I can't wait for Romo to start firing off pass after pass to TO/Witten/Roy

This offense SHOULD be an absolute monster.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
since when did Smoot get the right to talk smack. I thought you had to do something first.:confused:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
More and more and more the Skins are creeping up there to that same hatred level as the Eagles. I'm honestly getting closer and closer to being to where I hate them as much as I hate anything Eagles.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Speaking of "exposed," I wonder if Smoot has taken any love boat cruises lately.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
What a joke...Smoot will be toast this weekend and so will the rest of the 2ndary.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And I know tons of fans always say "Well they're just obsessed with us. We're their Superbowl" and I know all that is true but you know what...I really wouldn't mind, at all, if our team started to hate them the same way. I wish our team would go back to the ways of just absolutely hating them and wanting to beat them as bad as they can every time they play.

I know, from what I've read anyway, that we loved beating them in the seventies and I know wasn't there some story about how Emmitt after meeting Danny Boy, and not liking him for whatever reason (Or maybe it was something Danny said I can't remember now, that Emmitt told him that the Commanders were NEVER going to beat Dallas while Emmitt played for them. And then the Cowboys went out there and kept the Commanders from beating them for something like 8 or 10 games?

I want that kind of passion back against them and all NFC East teams, really.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2414351 said:
Fred Smoot: 'We exposed them'

Well, that's it.

Game over.

We lose.

I've never seen a team that responds worse to verbal barbs and trash talk than this Cowboy team.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I NEED the Cowboys to win this game so that I can take down this accursed Avatar and not have to add an unsavory matching sig.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2414391 said:
And I know tons of fans always say "Well they're just obsessed with us. We're their Superbowl" and I know all that is true but you know what...I really wouldn't mind, at all, if our team started to hate them the same way. I wish our team would go back to the ways of just absolutely hating them and wanting to beat them as bad as they can every time they play.

I know, from what I've read anyway, that we loved beating them in the seventies and I know wasn't there some story about how Emmitt after meeting Danny Boy, and not liking him for whatever reason (Or maybe it was something Danny said I can't remember now, that Emmitt told him that the Commanders were NEVER going to beat Dallas while Emmitt played for them. And then the Cowboys went out there and kept the Commanders from beating them for something like 8 or 10 games?

Passion that would be a nice thing to see.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2414391 said:

I miss that, too.

The dislike between the Cowboys and Commanders used to be amazing.

George Allen sending spies to Cowboys practice.

Diron Talbert talking trash.

Clint Longley's "triumph of the uncluttered mind."

Harvey Martin tossing funeral wreaths.

Tony Hill's one-handed catch.

Roger's last regular-season game.

Cowboy fans serenading Theismann on his birthday (amidst a multiple-interception game).

Troy going deep to Rocket in OT.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He is so stupid. They did not win that game because they contained Owens. They won that game because they dominated the LOS.

That really is why we have been losing, not the coverage on Owens!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah, but this is bulletin board material for sure, if this doesnt fire up the cowboys players i dont know what will

rathalarge

Reaction score
What was exposed was the way the referee's allowed T.O. to be contacted illegally more than five yards past the line of scrimmage on just about every pass play, the mugging of Patrick Crayton (shoulder pads constantly hanging out of his jersey during the game) and the blatant pass interference penalties that the Cowboys are always being called for that the 'Skins weren't!! We will see Sunday night!!!

alby

Reaction score
TO has passion. The media just spins it into a negative light.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2414428 said:
yeah, but this is bulletin board material for sure, if this doesnt fire up the cowboys players i dont know what will

If lossing four out of six games doesn't fire them up, then I doubt any Bulletin Board material whille raise much more than a spark. This offense and this defense should put up a double digit win. The question is coaching.