U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
October 5, 2008
If Cowboys were happy with win, they had a hard time showing it
7:13 PM Sun, Oct 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Of course, the mean local media and our nitpicking might have something to do with the foul mood in the Cowboys' Texas Stadium interview room.

Wade Phillips, miffed at a question from a legendary local columnist/radio personality about the Cowboys stinking most of the game, muttered on his way off the podium. "I think you stink," Phillips said with a red face. The coach and media character did squash their hard feelings in a touching moment later.

T.O. kept it short and sweet, delivering a one-minute, 10-second sermon/speech about that combined faith, frustration and football. He declined to answer any questions.

Tony Romo also took offense to some questioning, wondering aloud why the local media holds the Cowboys to such high standards. A few minutes later, on the way to his car, he pointed out that none of us ever played in the NFL, which might be why we don't get that wins don't come easy in this league.

This win definitely didn't come easy, and it doesn't seem like the 4-1 Cowboys were able to enjoy it, either.

(Photo: G.J. McCarthy/DMN)

Comments (7) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Woods

Reaction score
Good, I want to see Wade and the team get pissed off.

Let's take it out on our next opponent, please.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If the team is really starting to act like the walls are closing in on them as the media portrays, then it could get really ugly.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I'm glad that TO didn't answer any questions. That's the road he should take.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
I like this. Winning isn't enough for the team. They get at least that much, now.

Shutting down the high powered Cards would be a nice followup, defense.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Woods;2310685 said:
Good, I want to see Wade and the team get pissed off.

Let's take it out on our next opponent, please.

the problem is Wade wont get mad at the team...

they play the way he coaches...uninspired

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Parcells warned Romo to "not let good enough be enough." Someone has to push Romo to excel. His performance today was barely good enough. Against almost any other team in the league and the Cowboys would have lost today.

Romo thinks he can just turn the faucet on and off. You can't.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2310748 said:
the problem is Wade wont get mad at the team...

they play the way he coaches...uninspired

How do you know that? From the players? From Jerry? From Wade's wife? From his daughter? Or did you read this in the National Enquirer?

Boysboy

Reaction score
ninja;2310795 said:
Parcells warned Romo to "not let good enough be enough." Someone has to push Romo to excel. His performance today was barely good enough. Against almost any other team in the league and the Cowboys would have lost today.

Romo thinks he can just turn the faucet on and off. You can't.

You mean like how Parcells did a good job pushing him to excel despite our Dec meltdown in '06?

Right...

Mansta54

Reaction score
viman96;2310702 said:
If the team is really starting to act like the walls are closing in on them as the media portrays, then it could get really ugly.

Naw, I think you're wrong. I think it will rally them even closer together..

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2310810 said:
You mean like how Parcells did a good job pushing him to excel despite our Dec meltdown in '06?

Right...

How can you even compare this season to 06? This team is built, not being built.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2310671 said:
October 5, 2008
If Cowboys were happy with win, they had a hard time showing it
7:13 PM Sun, Oct 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Of course, the mean local media and our nitpicking might have something to do with the foul mood in the Cowboys' Texas Stadium interview room.

Wade Phillips, miffed at a question from a legendary local columnist/radio personality about the Cowboys stinking most of the game, muttered on his way off the podium. "I think you stink," Phillips said with a red face. The coach and media character did squash their hard feelings in a touching moment later.

T.O. kept it short and sweet, delivering a one-minute, 10-second sermon/speech about that combined faith, frustration and football. He declined to answer any questions.

Tony Romo also took offense to some questioning, wondering aloud why the local media holds the Cowboys to such high standards. A few minutes later, on the way to his car, he pointed out that none of us ever played in the NFL, which might be why we don't get that wins don't come easy in this league.

This win definitely didn't come easy, and it doesn't seem like the 4-1 Cowboys were able to enjoy it, either.

(Photo: G.J. McCarthy/DMN)

Comments (7) Leave comment | E-mail entry

This is the problem you have when every major media outlet has already declared you the SB Champion.

People expect blowouts against suck teams like the Bengals and a home loss to the Skins is blasphamy. Now when reality does not match expectations, then you have a problem.

It is starting to look like the pressure of "being annoited SB Champs" is starting to get to them all.

I dont think I have ever seen such confrontation from head coach and starting QB after a win, very strange to see.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2310825 said:
How can you even compare this season to 06? This team is built, not being built.

Uhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm..............we were 8-4 with the NFCE *in our laps* with 4 games to go. So what do we do subsequently??

1) We get ANNIHILATED by a depleted Saints team-No Joe Horn(Brees' safety valve), No Hollis Thomas(their big DT), and No Roman Harper(their best secondary guy)...guess what, their D STILL shuts down our O.

2) We get ANNIHILATED by a road-weary Eagles team-and no, that Eagles D wasn't very good that year.

3) We get BEAT by the LOWLY Lions.

4) Romo stinks it up, again, against a VERY depleted Hawks secondary.

So your point being? Oh yah-it's always Wade's fault, eh?

Asklesko

Reaction score
The media holds the Cowboys to such a high standard because they have the talent to play up to that standard each and every week. When they don't, well, it is disappointing.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Mansta54;2310823 said:
Naw, I think you're wrong. I think it will rally them even closer together..

I did say could as in potentially which does not mean likely or how I think it will go. At this point it would be a good idea for the team to circle the wagons and get back kicking butt on the field.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As long as they use it as a rallying cry and an "us-vs.-them" mentality that gets them focused, I'm all for it. :)

odog422

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2310828 said:
This is the problem you have when every major media outlet has already declared you the SB Champion.

People expect blowouts against suck teams like the Bengals and a home loss to the Skins is blasphamy. Now when reality does not match expectations, then you have a problem.

It is starting to look like the pressure of "being annoited SB Champs" is starting to get to them all.

I dont think I have ever seen such confrontation from head coach and starting QB after a win, very strange to see.

Maybe despite their claims to the contrary they were eating the cheese and now have trouble with the backlash that accompanies failure to meet those expectations.

And I put that on Wade. He should have told them this in camp ..."you guys know all those same media guys saying you're the greatest are going to call you s*** when you don't win or perform to their standards - so let's set our own and seek to meet those..." or something like that.