DMN Blog: League with no comment on Pacman

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
League with no comment on Pacman

9:25 AM Thu, Oct 09, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

The league told me this morning it still has no comment regarding the Adam Jones incident on Wednesday morning.

However, this is not the first time Jones has attended this hotel.

He attended the grand opening of the hotel and hosted a private birthday party there almost two weeks ago that was attended by several of his teammates.

The fact that Jones is out late at night is a concern. Can he go out at night? Yeah, of course he can. But he can't go out at night and get into it with his own people.
-----------------

This may get updated later because the continued link on the blog was disabled.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goodell will investigate this incident to his own degree of satisfaction. There isn't any timetable. After he has been satisfied with his interpretation of the facts, he'll act.

He may simply make a public statement saying Adam Jones did not do anything worthy of suspension. He may suspend him. He may kick him out on his ***. Who knows?

Thankfully, we were all prepared before Jones' reinstatement that IF he was allowed to play again, it would not matter whether or not he was suspended or kicked off the team. Or, at least, that was the argument by some as an explanation for any possible ramifications following any future Jones incident. So, it begs the question...

Why is any of this even being discussed?

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I can easily see a 4 game suspension. Remember Chris Henry was found not guilty in his latest run in with the law, but Goodell still hammered him with four games for putting himself in that position. He wil not go unscaved.

juck

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2320856 said:
I can easily see a 4 game suspension. Remember Chris Henry was found not guilty in his latest run in with the law, but Goodell still hammered him with four games for putting himself in that position. He wil not go unscaved.
there was an actual police report filed on henry initially.

Boysboy

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;2320856 said:

Well good-not only we get him back this season, but we end up getting the Titans 5th rounder and NOT give them our 6th rounder next year.:)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasEast;2320838 said:
Goodell will investigate this incident to his own degree of satisfaction. There isn't any timetable. After he has been satisfied with his interpretation of the facts, he'll act.

He may simply make a public statement saying Adam Jones did not do anything worthy of suspension. He may suspend him. He may kick him out on his ***. Who knows?

Thankfully, we were all prepared before Jones' reinstatement that IF he was allowed to play again, it would not matter whether or not he was suspended or kicked off the team. Or, at least, that was the argument by some as an explanation for any possible ramifications following any future Jones incident. So, it begs the question...

Why is any of this even being discussed?
Cuz there's nothing else to talk about?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not sure that he'll get suspended but I'm sure there is a good shot that he could get suspended.

burmafrd

Reaction score
What interests me is that it took over a day for this to get out. That kind of delay makes you wonder....

Boysboy

Reaction score
burmafrd;2320962 said:
What interests me is that it took over a day for this to get out. That kind of delay makes you wonder....

That's what I've been trying to say since last night-it IS Pacman, so one would that that even if he had SECOND THOUGHTS about doing something stupid, the media would have jumped on THIS in a heartbeat.

I mean really-it supposedly happened on Tues night, but BSPN waited until this morning to start overblowing it?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
FWIW, Goodell is supposed to be on with Tirico and Van Pelt at 1:10 CT. He may not say much, but you know they'll ask him about it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2320899 said:
Cuz there's nothing else to talk about?
Hey, that seems like a sensible explanation; but way back when, I read where some inferred that, regardless of anything Adam Jones might do, 'it' wouldn't even be worthy of discussion. You know...

"We would get our picks back."

"We would be no better or worse for adding him to the roster."

Yada yada yada. In short, no big deal. Still, 'no big deal' appears to have invoked a heck of a lot of discussion. Not that there is anything wrong with that. After all, this IS a forum.

Maybe... just maybe... this may develop into being a big deal after all..?

NAH! What the heck am I thinking??? :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2320951 said:
And it's better than discussing trades will never happen.
Hey!!! :mad: I was just about to post a 3,000 word [strike]essay[/strike] post on how Jerry Jones could trade Roy Williams for not only Roy Williams, but also Peyton Manning, Antonio Gates, Ray Lewis, Jason Ferguson, Ed Reed and the San Diego Chicken!!! But YOU just had to go rain on my parade! Thanks a bunch! :mad:

:)