WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Locker Room scene

12:14 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Players had meetings around noon today so there wasn't much activity.

Did run into Patrick Watkins and I asked him what happened on the Jason Campbell draw where he was run over by the Commanders quarterback.

Watkins said he thought Campbell was going to slide, so he put his head down but Campbell ran him over.
"Last time I do that," Watkins said.

Anthony Spencer said he felt fine and wasn't sure how many snaps he got. Spencer is sharing some time with Greg Ellis at outside backer. Spencer said Ellis has been classy about sharing time and that there is no tension between the players.

Zach Thomas said it felt good to come into the locker room following a big win.

Marion Barber didn't say much. We caught him in the lunch room and he said the team needed a big win because of what's about to happen down the stretch.

Roy Williams said it fun to play last night's game because he was involved on most of the plays. Williams said he was enjoying himself, yet was slightly disappointed to watch some of the action from the sidelines in previous games.

But last night, Williams was running more plays and getting some looks from Tony Romo.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
How can you not love marion barber.

He has a huge game and he doesnt say squat. He doesnt do a postgame pc, he doesnt do interviews...

How can you not love that......

WG5516

Reaction score
^^^ I noticed that too about Barber. I was shocked they had an interview of him after the game on DC.com.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2425980 said:
Anthony Spencer said he felt fine and wasn't sure how many snaps he got. Spencer is sharing some time with Greg Ellis at outside backer. Spencer said Ellis has been classy about sharing time and that there is no tension between the players.
And it should stay that way. Spencer's star is rising and Ellis' is setting. It's the changing of the guard, which has been happening in pro football forever. The last person who should have a problem with that is Greg Ellis.

superpunk

Reaction score
Yeah right, Watkins.

When he was a rookie Parcells said they'd be putting him in a body bag if he didn't stop trying to tackle that way. And they will if he ever drops his head like that when the force of his body lines his spine up with the crown of his head.

He really needs to stop that. We don't need a Kevin Everett situation here.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Watkins said he thought Campbell was going to slide, so he put his head down but Campbell ran him over.
"Last time I do that," Watkins said.

Watkins was trying to be classy and honorable.

See what happens? You get run over.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img87.*************/img87/6836/webredskins006rk0.jpg

Take a seat, Pat.

Frozen700

Reaction score
chill people....Watkins can hit...we all have seen it in the past....stop trying to make him look bad....the man made a mistake

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2426058 said:
chill people....Watkins can hit...we all have seen it in the past....stop trying to make him look bad....the man made a mistake

He also got a 15 yard facemask penalty to start off the game.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2426060 said:
He also got a 15 yard facemask penalty to start off the game.

Not to mention the infamous 12-men-on-the-field penalty awhile back. Plus, he can't beat out Keith Davis??

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Was it just me, or when Burnett was holding Jason up, he was expecting someone to absolutely obliterate him? Which didn't happen. Not gonna lie, that is what I was hoping was going to happen, LOL.

sad_otter

Reaction score
SteveOS;2426124 said:
Was it just me, or when Burnett was holding Jason up, he was expecting someone to absolutely obliterate him? Which didn't happen. Not gonna lie, that is what I was hoping was going to happen, LOL.

Yep. And I think Watkins was going for the killshot instead of trying to make a solid tackle. It just didn't work out for him though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have to say I was pleased with the play of Keith Davis. He had a couple of big hits last night

superpunk

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2426200 said:
yet if he had nailed Campbell and be hit with a roughing penalty, you all would have *****ed as well.

He's going to get himself paralyzed.

That's the only thing I'm pissed about.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2426220 said:
I have to say I was pleased with the play of Keith Davis. He had a couple of big hits last night

The guy plays.
Some of the younuns could take lessons from him.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2426058 said:

Made more than one mistake last night (And not just the facemask penalty)...I really can't fathom that response from Watkins either...He's playing safety and he's pulling up on tackles in the open field? :banghead:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2426259 said:
The guy plays.
Some of the younuns could take lessons from him.

Frankly I have been a bit surprised at his play at strong safety but he has done a good job.