DMN Blog: Monday Locker Room scene

arglebargle

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2426267 said:
Frankly I have been a bit surprised at his play at strong safety but he has done a good job.

Yeah Davis has been way above his previous play as free safety. I was against signing him, so I am going to have to be cooking up some yummy crow.....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2426267 said:
Frankly I have been a bit surprised at his play at strong safety but he has done a good job.

really? I think outside of that one tackle they are all pretty invisible.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2426338 said:
really? I think outside of that one tackle they are all pretty invisible.

I did not see Campbell attacking down field even though he was looking. It is not just about stats when doing your job. If Davis was getting beat or out of position they would have tried to attack him

FCBarca

Reaction score
speedkilz88;2426350 said:
Anyone notice in the pic that Campbell almost lost the ball?

Sadly, all I was thinking of when he went Moses and ran up the middle was why no one tried to strip a QB running in the open field :rolleyes:

adamc91115

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2426200 said:
yet if he had nailed Campbell and be hit with a roughing penalty, you all would have *****ed as well.

I didn't think there was a roughing penalty after they break the pocket? I think they become just another player.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2426200 said:
yet if he had nailed Campbell and be hit with a roughing penalty, you all would have *****ed as well.

Jason Campbell was out of the pocket and as long as Watkins doesn't go helmet to helmet he wouldn't get a penalty. Jason Campbell was acting as a RB once he passed the line of scrimmage. Now if a player deliberately goes below the QB's knee while he is sitting in the pocket then that is a penalty and fine.