DMN Blog: No decision on Pacman today but Wade would welcome him back

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Wade Phillips isn't planning to get Adam 'Pacman' Jones back
3:57 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Roger Goodell could reinstate Adam "Pacman" Jones this week, but Wade Phillips isn't spending any time thinking about how Pacman might fit in the game plan for the 49ers.

Phillips said that he doesn't know anything about the possibility of Pacman's indefinite suspension ending.

"I really don't know," Phillips said. "When he's gone, he's gone. We don't really think about it. We're preparing the guys that I have."

Would Phillips want Pacman back if the commissioner clears him to play?

"Yeah," he said. "Sure."

UPDATE: A league spokesman said no decision will be made on Pacman today.

Making them pay
1:32 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

A few weeks ago, offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and line coach Hudson Houck instititued a post-practice running session for the O-linemen for every penalty, bad snap exchange and some mental errors.

The linemen said they are getting the message. Flozell Adams and Marc Colombo had a false start and Adams had a hands to the face penalty called back on Sunday.

"I don't know how it pays off but I do know I don't like to run," right guard Leonard Davis said. "I don't like it but you've got to do what you've got to do. Sometimes it's just like in a game when you commit a penalty and you pay with yardage. It's all part of it."

Cowboys' most effective WR vs. Commanders was ... Miles Austin?
4:29 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Miles Austin doesn't get much attention these days -- from fans, media or opposing defenses. He works in the shadows of $9 million receivers T.O. and Roy Williams.

Austin, however, was the Cowboys' best receiver against the Commanders. He had two catches for 26 yards, both of which extended drives on third down. He had another third-down catch, a 16-yard gain, negated by penalty.

T.O. (five catches, 38 yards) and Williams (three catches, 36 yards) didn't make major impacts in Tony Romo's return, although both receivers had catches on the TD drive before halftime. But the presence of the big-money receivers and TE Jason Witten essentially assures that the Cowboys' third receiver will see a lot of single coverage against reserve cornerbacks.

Wade Phillips wouldn't say that Austin has surpassed Patrick Crayton on the depth chart. But Phillips acknowledged that Austin, who has better size and speed than Crayton, would continue to get reps as the third WR.

"We've got to get a package for all the guys," Phillips said. "It's like Christmas. We've got a lot of packages."

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Goodell's hate for Jerry and the cowboys have no bounds. pacman never should have been suspended. not for that bodygaurd crap. it was none of Goodell's business. yet he rushed in and did now. now that the 4 games are over we get no word today. what a freaking joke this guy is.

juck

Reaction score
Its been 4 games and supposed to reevaluate this week,i thought.

sacase

Reaction score
Goddell is such a bum, I will suspend you for 4 weeks....but oh I am not going to make a decision now even though it has been 4 weeks.

juck

Reaction score
We need him Henry is cooked and eventually offenses will start really picking on him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sacase;2426818 said:
Goddell is such a bum, I will suspend you for 4 weeks....but oh I am not going to make a decision now even though it has been 4 weeks.
Actually the ruling was indefinite suspension with a minimum of four weeks.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
sacase;2426818 said:

It was an indefinite suspension. Not a 4 week suspension.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ajk23az;2426765 said:
Making them pay

A few weeks ago, offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and line coach Hudson Houck instititued a post-practice running session for the O-linemen for every penalty, bad snap exchange and some mental errors.

The linemen said they are getting the message. Flozell Adams and Marc Colombo had a false start and Adams had a hands to the face penalty called back on Sunday.

"I don't know how it pays off but I do know I don't like to run," right guard Leonard Davis said. "I don't like it but you've got to do what you've got to do. Sometimes it's just like in a game when you commit a penalty and you pay with yardage. It's all part of it."
Since they can't get hit in their pocketbook I'm in favor of this. Make them run or whatever you can. The stupid penalities our O-linemen commit are unacceptable.

But this shouldn't just be for the guys up front. There should be equal treatment for all players. We lead the league (or are way up there) in penalities this year. Again that is unacceptable.

We have to play smarter football. The difference in talent between teams for the most part is minimal. Giving our opponents an adavantage because we are not mentally tough is going to cost us.

It's one thing to be agressive and I'm all for that. But the stupid penalities we commit on a weekly basis only hurt our team. Anything we can do to cut down on those will only help.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2426826 said:
Actually the ruling was indefinite suspension with a minimum of four weeks.
What's he going to do ban him for life for that? how about Matt Jones and Mczenzie of the Giants. nothing. mckenzie could have killed someone like Lenard Little did. have not heard a word from the clown Goodell on it. thats worse than anything pacman was ever charged with. Matt Jones cocain.nothing. the guy is trying to hurt our team.PERIOD! he's a Commanders fan and a Cowboy hater.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Making them pay
1:32 PM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Good way to keep Flo in shape.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2426983 said:
Good way to keep Flo in shape.

I wonder how many times Adams has jumped before Houck says go

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2426921 said:
Since they can't get hit in their pocketbook I'm in favor of this. Make them run or whatever you can. The stupid penalities our O-linemen commit are unacceptable.

But this shouldn't just be for the guys up front. There should be equal treatment for all players. We lead the league (or are way up there) in penalities this year. Again that is unacceptable.

We have to play smarter football. The difference in talent between teams for the most part is minimal. Giving our opponents an adavantage because we are not mentally tough is going to cost us.

It's one thing to be agressive and I'm all for that. But the stupid penalities we commit on a weekly basis only hurt our team. Anything we can do to cut down on those will only help.

If they don't start eventually it'll cost them another game. They don't have the luxury of losing too many more.