WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not all Cowboys satisfied with that win

12:40 PM Mon, Oct 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

There certainly isn't anybody hanging their head in the Valley Ranch locker room after the Cowboys' unimpressive win over the Bengals. But there are players who aren't happy with the Cowboys' performance.

"A win is a win, which is good, but you can't be satisfied with the way that we won," OLB DeMarcus Ware said. "There's a lot of stuff that we need to work on, me being one of them. But it feels good to win. It's better to go into the week with a win, so you can just go into the next week."

DE Marcus Spears' assessment of the game was a little more harsh.

"Substandard," he said of the Cowboys' showing. "We made too many mistakes on both sides of the ball, but at the end of the day, we were able to overcome it. Sometimes it's going to be like that, but we want to play better than that."

There are others, such as Bradie James, who refuse to publicly "apologize for a win." He acknowledged there are areas in which the Cowboys need to improve, but he didn't want to go into specifics because he's concerned about his answers getting "distorted in the media."

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I love that some of these guys want to improve and aren't satisfied with just beating a team. I'm sure if the OL actually ever spoke to the media, they'd say the same thing. You need this kind of desire come December.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FWST

DeMarcus Ware not pleased

While some of his teammates may be OK with winning ugly, don't count DeMarcus Ware as clinging to anything rewarding about the Bengals victory. He didn't think he had enough pressure, but he did have a sack late to extend his consecutive sacks streak to eight.

"A win is a win which is good, but you can't be satisfied with the way we won," Ware said. "There is a lot of stuff we need to work on, me being one of them."

Ware has a team-high five sacks but believes he is not doing enough.

"I feel like I need to get more pressure on the quarterback," he said.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:47 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I am getting an "us against the world" vibe more and more from this team, I would love if that was something the coaches build on.

1fisher

Reaction score
they've been reading the zone .... "substandard" sounds about right

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2313249 said:
There are others, such as Bradie James, who refuse to publicly "apologize for a win." He acknowledged there are areas in which the Cowboys need to improve, but he didn't want to go into specifics because he's concerned about his answers getting "distorted in the media."

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Thank you, Bradie. If only some of your teammates could understand this.

juck

Reaction score
Just cause some vocalize they are happy to the media doesnt mean they are,Its quite obvious they played crappy yesterday starting with Romo,they arent stupid they know it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Sounds like the team is full of chicken littles......

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I'm happy we got the win. but this team has played like crap the last 2 weeks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juckie;2313302 said:
Just cause some vocalize they are happy doesnt mean they are,Its quite obvious they played crappy yesterday starting with Romo,they arent stupid they know it.

What sucks is our fans acting like that is the level of play they are accustomed to with this team.

Dallas can beat anyone lined up across from them.

We are freaking insane on the road too.

They have some cleaning up to do. Not everything is peachy. But look around the league and tell me how many more teams would you pick to beat Dallas.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am sure Ware saying he and the team wants to get better gives all the CL's on this board the right to say the team sucks.

That Tony sucks and should be traded to the Lions.

That Wade and the entire coaching staff sucks and should be fired.

Ware did not say anything like what the clowns on this board start thread after thread about.

But please ..... try to use his words to prove your ridiculous points.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
sounds like most of them are getting their act together.we'll need this improvement to take place,to win in the playoffs!

ddh33

Reaction score
And I'm fine with that answer...it's more balanced.

The team won. That's good. They good plenty of thngs right. But they also did some things wrong, and they need to work on it to get it cleaned up.

I don't understand all of the people coming out of the woods to tell us who sucks, who should be fired, and why this team will never win a playoff game. That's just stupid.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2313262 said:
"I feel like I need to get more pressure on the quarterback," he said.

I remember one play Ware getting completely man-handled one-on-one by the left tackle. Ware didn't "pin his ears back" on the play, but it didn't appear he was trying very hard to get there.

Now I understand there could have been more to the play like playing containment, but there was no running back in the backfield or in the flat and I highly doubt they were playing containment on Palmer.

Of course he was probably getting tired as it was late in the third quarter I believe and the offense did hang them out to dry by having six straight possessions of three punts, two turnovers, and the end of the first half.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stealth;2313268 said:
I am getting an "us against the world" vibe more and more from this team, I would love if that was something the coaches build on.

That's exactly what I posted in another thread.

This could be just the typ of motivation the team needs.

Heck, the Giants rode it all the way to the Super Bowl!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tank says ugly wins don't fly in Dallas

And he's right. The Dallas fans aren't satisfied with ugly wins because they have seen what happens to this team late in the year. But Tank Johnson has been around teams that win ugly like his old Bears teams, which won in spite of quarterback Rex Grossman. Still, he says it's worse in Dallas.

"Ugly wins here don't fly," Tank said.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:53 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

JPM

Reaction score
ZeroClub;2313402 said:
Stealth and Stash, you two are on to something.
It might be love.

stasheroo;2313361 said:
That's exactly what I posted in another thread.

This could be just the typ of motivation the team needs.

Heck, the Giants rode it all the way to the Super Bowl!
I'm starting to get that vibe too, especially when they get snippy with the media. Hey whatever it takes.