DMN: Blog: The good news about Adam 'Pacman' Jones

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
The good news about Adam 'Pacman' Jones

8:54 PM Wed, Oct 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

The Pacman era at Valley Ranch is most likely about to end or be put on hold for a little while after he threw some haymakers at a hotel. I just can't see tough-on-thugs Roger Goodell letting this one slide less than a month and a half after reinstating Mr. Jones.

"Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL." Goodell said earlier today, before news broke about Pacman's situation that reflects poorly on himself, the Cowboys and the NFL.

But it's not all bad news.

On the bright side, there isn't any need to waste jet fuel if the commish wants to have a face-to-face with Pacman to inform him of his penalty. Pacman conveniently got into a scrap with his bodyguard the day before Sheriff Goodell arrived for a planned Valley Ranch visit.

And Jerry Jones, who was well aware of the risk for a major PR embarrassment when the Cowboys traded for Pacman, will have another 2009 pick in his pocket. Per the terms of the trade with the Titans, the Cowboys will get Tennessee's fifth-round pick if Pacman misses any action because of off-field issues after reinstatement, which is pretty much a certainty at this point.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40;2320142 said:
The good news about Adam 'Pacman' Jones

8:54 PM Wed, Oct 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

The Pacman era at Valley Ranch is most likely about to end or be put on hold for a little while after he threw some haymakers at a hotel. I just can't see tough-on-thugs Roger Goodell letting this one slide less than a month and a half after reinstating Mr. Jones.

"Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL." Goodell said earlier today, before news broke about Pacman's situation that reflects poorly on himself, the Cowboys and the NFL.

But it's not all bad news.

On the bright side, there isn't any need to waste jet fuel if the commish wants to have a face-to-face with Pacman to inform him of his penalty. Pacman conveniently got into a scrap with his bodyguard the day before Sheriff Goodell arrived for a planned Valley Ranch visit.

And Jerry Jones, who was well aware of the risk for a major PR embarrassment when the Cowboys traded for Pacman, will have another 2009 pick in his pocket. Per the terms of the trade with the Titans, the Cowboys will get Tennessee's fifth-round pick if Pacman misses any action because of off-field issues after reinstatement, which is pretty much a certainty at this point.
O please! this is going no where. its much a doo about nothing. when he breaks the law lets talk about it. other than that move on.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
The Pacman era at Valley Ranch is most likely about to end or be put on hold for a little while after he threw some haymakers at a hotel.
thats not good news at all? ***?

This person is assuming that Goddell wasn't here to be informed about what happened yesterday. What are the chances that the commissioner comes to Dallas and pacman fights on the same day.

I wouldn't put it passed Jerry to try to get us back a pick before trade deadline too. Im just saying. He misses a week, we get a pick back. We trade for RW. Everyones happy.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2320151 said:
thats not good news at all? ***?

This person is assuming that Goddell wasn't here to be informed about what happened yesterday. What are the chances that the commissioner comes to Dallas and pacman fights on the same day.

I wouldn't put it passed Jerry to try to get us back a pick before trade deadline too. Im just saying.
Stop it just stop it people. this is a waste of time.i dont believe pacman is going anywhere. has he been waived yet?NO!and he wont be.

juck

Reaction score
on espn his lawyer said its a rumor that has no proof.lol.this macmahon does no research he should write for tmz.lol

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Here's a quote from one story --

“Someone from the business called police,” Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. “Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left.”

If that's what happened, it already has been blown out of proportion.

(Or maybe Jerry Monreal got a recent visit from the other Jerry.)

reddyuta

Reaction score
tim macmahon is the worst writer in DFW media-I absolutely hate him.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2320174 said:

“Someone from the business called police,” Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. “Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left.”

Well that is what Altercation means: a noisy heated angry dispute ; also : noisy controversy

I don't know where Broken mirrors came from. Ed Warder afterwards probably went in the bathroom the next day, broke the mirror than broke the story.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Just what this team needed. Whether its true or not this is yet another distraction. Hope it goes away as quickly as it came.

juck

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2320174 said:

“Someone from the business called police,” Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. “Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left.

Thats what i read too.wow.Dallas media really sucks.

Boysboy

Reaction score
utrunner07;2320185 said:
Just what this team needed. Whether its true or not this is yet another distraction. Hope it goes away as quickly as it came.

We're the Dallas Cowboys, not the New Orleans Saints nor the Houston Texans whom noone gives two *****'s about-get used to it.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
There was an article a few days back stating that the commissioner had requested that Jones keep a low off field profile......

Maybe I'm an idiot as well...but I do not view this incident as keeping w/the commissioners request.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2320157 said:
How is him missing time a certainty?

Have you followed the Pacman Jones story? He is on real thin ice and this puts his career at serious risk and now. Drinking/bar/hotel/fight and flight.

Thats a violation of what Goodel wants to see from Adam on his conduct policy.

juck

Reaction score
Nors;2320226 said:
Have you followed the Pacman Jones story? He is on real thin ice and this puts his career at serious risk and now. Drinking/bar/hotel/fight and flight.

Thats a violation of what Goodel wants to see from Adam on his conduct policy.

I hope ur here when he isnt suspended.