WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade Phillips knows nothing about T.O.'s tears
2:04 PM Mon, Oct 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Wade Phillips said he didn't see T.O. crying on the bench after his clutch touchdown against the Bengals.

"I don't know anything about that," said Phillips, who emphasized that he did enjoy watching T.O. run 57 yards into the end zone.

Phillips seemed skeptical that tears really flowed, but he declined an offer from Steve Dennis of Ch. 11 to watch video of the bench boo-hooing. Phillips also isn't sure whether T.O. has allergies that might have acted up on him.

But the coach did report that T.O.'s frame of mind seemed fine when they chatted today.

Comments (2) Leave comment | E-mail entry
The entry "Wade Phillips knows nothing about T.O.'s tears" has no entry tags.

Categories: Terrell Owens, Wade Phillips

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's wrong with Terence Newman?
1:53 PM Mon, Oct 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
Heck if Dr. Wade Phillips knows. Or perhaps he just doesn't want that information to be public.

Newman sat out Sunday's game after popping up on the injury report Friday afternoon as questionable (groin). Did he aggravate the injury he originally suffered the first week of training camp?

"I don't know," Phillips said. "You'd have to ask him."

Phillips also claimed not to know what kind of medical test Newman underwent today. The official word on Newman is that the Cowboys are "re-evaluating" his injury.

Comments (5) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
I just thought TO was hot after the long run and put a wet towel over his head? I know that's not as sexy a story though.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Just like Bob said in his blog today. At what point do you have to assume Newman as injury prone?

But you're immediately labeled a chicken little when you display your hostility towards signing a guy to an 80 million dollar deal that can never stay healthy. I understand the complexities of a groin injury, especially a slight tear - just leave him out until hes 100 %. I understand hes a competitor and wants to play, but we aren't going to go far in the post season without a 100 % healthy Newman. At that point, the other injury prone corner will probably be hobbling as well.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm worried about the Newman injury. We really don't need him lingering around on the sideline for a large portion of the year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GoinForSix;2313546 said:
Just like Bob said in his blog today. At what point do you have to assume Newman as injury prone?

But you're immediately labeled a chicken little when you display your hostility towards signing a guy to an 80 million dollar deal that can never stay healthy. I understand the complexities of a groin injury, especially a slight tear - just leave him out until hes 100 %. I understand hes a competitor and wants to play, but we aren't going to go far in the post season without a 100 % healthy Newman. At that point, the other injury prone corner will probably be hobbling as well.
To me, the problem with labeling Newman as injury prone is that prior to last year, he'd never had a history of injury.

Brian Westbrook as great as he is seems to get hurt every year, nagging or otherwise. That's injury prone.

Two separate nagging injuries after years of health doesn't compute to injury prone to me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Did TO actually cry? I never saw it. He just had a towel over his head from what I could tell.

reddyuta

Reaction score
let newman sit till the giants game-we can make do with the guys we have.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does Wade know?

I mean he's only the head coach of the team...

:rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
stasheroo;2313562 said:
What does Wade know?

I mean he's only the head coach of the team...

:rolleyes:

And as the head coach I'm sure he's smart enough to know that he doesn't need to tell the media, or the fans, every single detail of what is going on.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2313554 said:
To me, the problem with labeling Newman as injury prone is that prior to last year, he'd never had a history of injury.

Brian Westbrook as great as he is seems to get hurt every year, nagging or otherwise. That's injury prone.

Two separate nagging injuries after years of health doesn't compute to injury prone to me.

Westbrook carries the rock, big difference between his toughness and a corners.

My concern is that he is 30, and we all know how injuries suddenly pop up once players hit that plateau.

Not sold that he is going to stay banged up, just a little concerned that his age my be responsible for him missing so much time.

Boysboy

Reaction score
GoinForSix;2313581 said:
Westbrook carries the rock, big difference between his toughness and a corners.

My concern is that he is 30, and we all know how injuries suddenly pop up once players hit that plateau.

Not sold that he is going to stay banged up, just a little concerned that his age my be responsible for him missing so much time.

Isn't that why we drafted Mike Jenkins and traded for Pacman?

Hey-if this were last year, then yah...the sky would have fell! But look at this year-our CB depth couldn't have come at a better time!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2313575 said:
And as the head coach I'm sure he's smart enough to know that he doesn't need to tell the media, or the fans, every single detail of what is going on.

I hope you're right.

I don't know if I give him that much credit.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Boysboy;2313589 said:

Hey-if this were last year, then yah...the sky would have fell! But look at this year-our CB depth couldn't have come at a better time!

I'm higher on Scandrick than I am on Jenkins, I was hoping we'd spend 25 on DeSean Jackson.

But you're right, we've come a long long way from the Eduncan era.

FCBarca

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2313575 said:

That has to be the hope, but it is an odd way to answer the question

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FCBarca;2313617 said:
That has to be the hope, but it is an odd way to answer the question
Parcells always said the same thing. Or he'd say, "You'd have to ask the trainers -- I don't know."

It's just a normal statement. But it's something for people to cry about, so here we are. WAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Boysboy;2313589 said:

No kidding....Pac, Jenkins and Scandrick are better than Reeves

FCBarca

Reaction score
theogt;2313631 said:
Parcells always said the same thing. Or he'd say, "You'd have to ask the trainers -- I don't know."

Yeah, at least that answer makes sense even if we know he's dodging it...But Wade saying, 'I don't know ask him' seems odd.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FCBarca;2313635 said:
Yeah, at least that answer makes sense even if we know he's dodging it...But Wade saying, 'I don't know ask him' seems odd.
Are you really this dense? PARCELLS SAID THE SAME EXACT THING!

There's nothing "odd" about it.

FCBarca

Reaction score
theogt;2313640 said:
Are you really this dense? PARCELLS SAID THE SAME EXACT THING!

There's nothing "odd" about it.

Hmm, are these exactly the same?...Who's dense now?

'I don't know, ask him (Newman)' or 'You'd have to ask the trainers -- I don't know.