DMN: Blog: Wade Phillips advises Kurt Warner to retire right now

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Wade Phillips advises Kurt Warner to retire right now

5:00 PM Wed, Oct 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

Wade Phillips heard that Cardinals QB Kurt Warner was considering retirement, and Phillips believes that's a mighty fine idea. He's encouraging Warner to call it quits before the Cowboys come to town Sunday.

"I think he should retire," Phillips said. "I don't know if he wants to hear from me or not."

Ol' Wade was just kidding, of course. He'd just rather not have to face a QB who ranks third in the league in passing yards (1,472) and QB rating (102.5) and fourth in TD passes (10).

Warner has set the record straight about his retirement thoughts, which were spurred by watching Anquan Boldin get knocked unconscious and taken off the field on a stretcher. He said he never considered hanging up the cleats in the middle of the season, but this could be the final season of his career.

"Hey, when this season is over, I'm really going to sit down and consciously think about the big picture,"

Warner said on his conference call with the Valley Ranch media. "One of the things my wife always tells me is that I had a great career and had so much success and done so many things. She says sometimes to me that she doesn't really care if we win or lose. Her bottom line is she just wants to see me get up every time I go down."

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2319630 said:
*Grins*

I can't blame him. I'd want him to retire too. :)

and go home to HIS wife? I'd rather have a swarm of mosquitos buzzing around my ear then listen to her.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2319824 said:
and go home to HIS wife? I'd rather have a swarm of mosquitos buzzing around my ear then listen to her.
And that's putting it nicely... :laugh2: