News: DMN: Brian Baldinger: Super Bowl run was set up for Dallas Cowboys and 'they blew it'

coult44

Reaction score
Personally I'm tired of hearing about how the offense isn't doing their job putting up 30+ points.

I haven't heard many folks complain or talk about the offense not doing their job???

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not a fan of him, but he is definitely right. We didn't play our game, we abandoned the run . On the first drive we should of ran it down there throat especially on 3rd and 1

We got down 21-0... who can stick to their gameplan when you're down 21-0..? You have to press.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but he is right.

13-3 and number one seed and the team goes "one and done"..............that is a choke job any way you slice it.

We are also like the first number one seed to not make it to the SB in the NFC in years, cant remember the last number one seed that was one and done in the NFC, been quite a while.

That makes the GB loss that much more of a choke job. I know that nobody wants to hear it, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Hard to disagree with him.

It's been a long time since we've seen a roster as bad as the Packers advance to the NFC Championship game...

Missing WR1
Missing RB1
Missing RB2
Starting RB in the playoffs was A freaking WR
Missing CB1
Missing CB3
Matthews a shell of his former self

Cowboys were well rested, playing at home, against a wounded opponent with a defense that was bad when healthy.

Exactly...

but hey...we got trophies tonight. :oldcouple:

Jerry is in the HOF....

Stockmarket crashes Monday.

Plague hits shortly after....

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
He's 100% right.

Why didn't we run the ball? Get too cute as always.

I expected a steady dose of Elliott AND McFadden with fresh legs.. for some reason we opted to feature Brice Butler instead. These two should've combined for 40 touches.

ghst187

Reaction score
Agree with OP and to have sustained success is going to e hard as we play in the toughest division in football, while a lot of other contenders get divisional cake walks to HFA year after year

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Except for the fact that the defense failed miserably and he pretty much ignored it. In the end, it was an anemic pass rush that failed us.

Didn't read his story. But i agree that is what lost the game. Was a golden opportunity lost.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm okay if the players take this tactic going into the offseason. It is the type of thing that sticks in your craw and motivates you if you have any competitive spirit.

Team success is still going to boil down to player acquisition and development moreso than anything else.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority. I like him as a broadcaster. I also think he's completely right. The game plan reverted back to the "they'll never guess we'd do this" crap and outsmarted ourselves.