News: DMN: Brian Baldinger: Super Bowl run was set up for Dallas Cowboys and 'they blew it'

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
What's the likelihood of us getting the #1 seed again? Not impossible but very, very hard to do. Blown opportunity is putting it lightly. I expected us to have a better pass rush than what we had. Healthier & more rested than the whole season. Green Bay came out firing and we were flat, like it was a gimme game.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Awesome awesome last night with all the accolades BUT this team should be playing later today. Awards are great and personal for JJ, Red, and Dak/Zeke, and the OL. With all this hardware being handed out last night it just cements how special this team was and how ill prepared they were for the playoffs.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I could name 10 coaches who win that Green Bay game.

Holmgren
Carroll
Coughlin
Del Rio
Rivera
Peyton
Lewis
McCarthy
Simmer
Arians

Yes, we blew it! Not the first time since 1994 season.

By my count we have left 4 super bowl appearances on the table in that span. 2 wins of those for sure!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Awesome awesome last night with all the accolades BUT this team should be playing later today. Awards are great and personal for JJ, Red, and Dak/Zeke, and the OL. With all this hardware being handed out last night it just cements how special this team was and how ill prepared they were for the playoffs.

The Cowboys lost to GB because they didn't have an adequate pass rush, much less a good one. With that being the case, any time your team is playing against the likes of Aaron Rodgers, you're be prepared to lose if your pass rush can't put a damper on his "mojo." We'll be obliged to tend to that during the next draft, or else suffer the same result next time around. We could prepare the year around for the big game vs. a kick butt QB and still lose with the same anemic defense we had vs. GB. It wasn't the offense at fault, it was the defense, pure and simple. Baldinger is full of fecal matter -- let's not fall for that garbage.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Brian Baldinger and.... wait for it.... Glen Titensore "tight and sore"[.] Starting side by side, now at least that was a comical era for those with demented minds like myself.

Baldinger and Titensor were absolute gems when compared to the walking yellow-flag that was former Cowboys left tackle Phil Pozderac. He was the suckiest starting Cowboys O-lineman in the history of suckage.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
He's right. We failed to capitalize on a golden opportunity, which really hurts. Our slow start doomed us. The defense started our horribly and wasn't ready. The offense was bogged down with costly mistakes early.
Agreed on all this.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They blew the Green Bay game for sure but I don't think they could beat Atlanta. This year was set up to take a big step forward by at least getting to the NFC Championship and making it much easier to move on from Romo. By not winning that game, there is still doubt lingering out there.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The Cowboys lost to GB because they didn't have an adequate pass rush, much less a good one. With that being the case, any time your team is playing against the likes of Aaron Rodgers, you're be prepared to lose if your pass rush can't put a damper on his "mojo." We'll be obliged to tend to that during the next draft, or else suffer the same result next time around. We could prepare the year around for the big game vs. a kick butt QB and still lose with the same anemic defense we had vs. GB. It wasn't the offense at fault, it was the defense, pure and simple. Baldinger is full of fecal matter -- let's not fall for that garbage.

Wow! We lost "pure and simple" because of the defense?

The game was there to win... in the end.... the defense didn't lose it.

Coaches decisions did... as in more than one decision.

Eddie

Reaction score
Starting the game 21-3 lost us the game. Not being able to stop a 3rd and 20 lost us the game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Wow! We lost "pure and simple" because of the defense?

The game was there to win... in the end.... the defense didn't lose it.

Coaches decisions did... as in more than one decision.

That's a misguided conclusion that isn't even close to the truth. The game will never be "there to win" as long as we field a defense that's incapable of asserting a capable pass rush against an elite passing game. Those who say otherwise routinely have an agenda to downplay Garrett.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
That's a misguided conclusion that isn't even close to the truth. The game will never be "there to win" as long as we field a defense that's incapable of asserting a capable pass rush against an elite passing game. Those who say otherwise routinely have an agenda to downplay Garrett.

Cause and effect.

Wrong decision = bad result.

If you cannot admit that the game was there to win towards the end. Then I will leave it there. All good.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
17712419.png
#COTY

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cause and effect.

Wrong decision = bad result.

If you cannot admit that the game was there to win towards the end. Then I will leave it there. All good.

The only cause and effect that looked valid to me was the one that had us losing with a defense that simply couldn't control Rodgers. I'll agree to disagree in this case. Maybe next year will bring a better result, I hope. Can't win 'em all -- it happens.

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
he covers the eagles on their local radio station. a fanbase of media group that dogs other teams when their history is extremely meager. a bottom 10 NFL franchise.

Baldi is from Penn and after he played for the Eagles he must of made connections in the area.

He is a local there now and does Eagles preseason games and local tv and radio in Philly, he is a Philly homer basically.

He is buddies with Howie Roseman and Mayock (another Philly Homer) and is all up in that franchise.

This has nothing to do with his thoughts in this article just stating his point of reference.

Although he is a former Cowboy and has said nice things about Landry and Randy White, he has identified with the Eagles organization personally and professionally.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the dallas cowboys blew a huge opportunity this year Baldinger was 100 percent right on this it was set up for them
yes he was, JG had one of the best teams in NFC and was one and done ! lol give him a raise and continue the process for 10 more years !

JG had the fight T-shirts printed up, and they do fight, but maybe just maybe he should print up some "WIN" t-shirts ????????:muttley::grin:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said before if they had a man as head coach they would have won that playoff game.

And now he's coach of the year. One of the biggest jokes you'll ever see.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The only cause and effect that looked valid to me was the one that had us losing with a defense that simply couldn't control Rodgers. I'll agree to disagree in this case. Maybe next year will bring a better result, I hope. Can't win 'em all -- it happens.

It turned into a shootout where Aaron's gun was empty and we threw him an extra bullet.

Had nothing to do with defense at that point.

A toast to next year!