DMN Burnett Blog: State of the Cowboys

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
State of the Cowboys

5:12 PM Tue, Nov 11, 2008 | Permalink
Kevin Burnett http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Football is a very humbling game. I know the recent games for a lot of you have been hard for you to watch. Look at it from a player's perspective. You work as hard as you possible can without killing yourself to have the possibility of winning a championship. You give up vacations, sacrifice time with your family for this one moment in time. Only to find yourself as a middle of the pack football team fighting for a playoff spot.

I cant express how disappointed I am right now with our progress as a whole. I don't have any quick fixes or fast solutions. I know you all are looking for answers and I honestly wish I had the answer but I don't.

What I can say is as a football team we have gathered ourselves and understand totally what is at stake. I don't have a crystal ball and I cant predict the future but I will say no matter what we're not going to roll over and die. If we're going to do anything the time is now. One loss puts you on the ropes where you need from other teams two losses puts you out of the playoff picture.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (3) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
187beatdown;2415405 said:
What a shame.

Who knew millions of dollars was such a burden?

Believe it or not, some people actually wanna win. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling you would be one of the guys who would do anything for money, right?

Kilyin

Reaction score
ajk23az;2415462 said:
Believe it or not, some people actually wanna win. :rolleyes:

As evidenced by the fact that this porcelain linebacker that can't stay on the field is 'campaigning' for the Pro Bowl.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Kilyin;2415465 said:
As evidenced by the fact that this porcelain linebacker that can't stay on the field is 'campaigning' for the Pro Bowl.

Because he is campaigning for the pro bowl means he doesnt want to win? :confused:

Hmmmmmmm, is this some really mysterious code I am not understanding?

tunahelper

Reaction score
Cry elsewhere KB! Just sacrifice more and get the SB trophy and then maybe some of the fans can hear your sob stories....

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I like Burnett. I liked this blog once upon a time.

Now I'm growing tired of seeing his play on the field and then reading his comments about it.

I think/hope he can make an impact.

COME ON KEVIN:starspin

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2415399 said:
State of the Cowboys

5:12 PM Tue, Nov 11, 2008 | Permalink
Kevin Burnett http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Football is a very humbling game. I know the recent games for a lot of you have been hard for you to watch. Look at it from a player's perspective. You work as hard as you possible can without killing yourself to have the possibility of winning a championship. You give up vacations, sacrifice time with your family for this one moment in time. Only to find yourself as a middle of the pack football team fighting for a playoff spot.

I cant express how disappointed I am right now with our progress as a whole. I don't have any quick fixes or fast solutions. I know you all are looking for answers and I honestly wish I had the answer but I don't.

What I can say is as a football team we have gathered ourselves and understand totally what is at stake. I don't have a crystal ball and I cant predict the future but I will say no matter what we're not going to roll over and die. If we're going to do anything the time is now. One loss puts you on the ropes where you need from other teams two losses puts you out of the playoff picture.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (3) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

I got a quick fix for you, Kevina, quit freakin' being a bunch of ******* worrying about personal accolades (ex. being voted to the probowl as a lowly special teams player) and just concentrate SOLELY on your job at had. And actually start hitting eachother in practice.

You play like you practice, and your practices have been way too soft.

cowboyed

Reaction score
At least he expresses his dismay but what is very troubling is that his comments are an indictment of this coaching staff. He doesn't know what is wrong or what will fix it? In effect the coaches don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. You would think they would be shoring things up at practices or reinforcing the elimination of mistakes that specifically have impacted the team.

Two players from opposing teams Jacobs (Giants) and Portis (Commanders) have commented that our defense is out of sync and our players are confused.

This is really disturbing.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I really don't know why any of these guys talk to the media or have blogs. When the team is losing, fans will gripe no matter what they say.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2415677 said:
I really don't know why any of these guys talk to the media or have blogs. When the team is losing, fans will gripe no matter what they say.

I really don't know why you continue to visit this forum when it's clear you have a problem with people expressing their opinions.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Rack;2415745 said:
I really don't know why you continue to visit this forum when it's clear you have a problem with people expressing their opinions.

Of course I don't have a problem with that. What are you even talking about? You mean because I disagree with bashing Burnett over this blog entry?

Since I bother you so much lately, why not just put me on ignore and be done with it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Welcome to the pitty party...Man-up you wuss and show some fire... There is a reason you guys play like fairies...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
ajk23az;2415468 said:
Because he is campaigning for the pro bowl means he doesnt want to win? :confused:

Hmmmmmmm, is this some really mysterious code I am not understanding?

:rolleyes: Yeah. Mysterious code.

Simple task. FOCUS. Not on personal agendas but the upcoming game and your responsibilities. May want to hang on to that focus "during" the game as well.

BTW - how in the blue hell can you be involved with the team and NOT know what's wrong? Seriously.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Aw, give him a break. he said all the right things.

I did wince at his inventory of sacrifices he and other players make, but in my line of work . . . well, it's called work.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2415681 said:
The guy is being honest and is ridiculed for it?

It's the same ones. The Vocal Pedantic Ridiculers or ViPeRs. Always complaining vociferously and vicariously vexing vocally their various and vicious complaints of their victims; verily I say.

MONT17

Reaction score
Can we trade Burnett to the Dolphins, now? Maybe we can get a 6th round pick out of Bill!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MONT17;2415891 said:
Can we trade Burnett to the Dolphins, now? Maybe we can get a 6th round pick out of Bill!

Yes. Let's do that and trade away our most athletic and best pass covering LB who has manned the Dime and Nickel MLB spot reasonably well. Not saying he's great and he is knicked up a lot but who are you going to replace him with?

But then replacing him is not your job. Your job is to complain not offer solutions.