News: DMN: Byron Jones: After Lil Dickey's smack talk about the Eagles, the rapper 'can eat it'

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm Canadian.

Race relations are a non-issue up here. We dont't give it a second thought. Everybody gets along great here. Race relations is your issue, not ours.

Has nothing to do with music. You either like it or you don't. The skin color of the artist is irrelevant.

Hey guys, you heard it here first. Racism doesn't exist in Canada.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Rappers have "no talent" like football players have "no talent."

As my ex-girlfriend used to say, "Anyone can run with a ball and hit people!"

You guys sound about as smart as she did.

Haha yeah. We're on a football forum, propping guys up who don't math good, the irony is funny to me.

There's a lot of terrible rap nowadays where the beat is like 90% of the song, but lil Dickey isn't bad, he's pretty funny actually. He's also a lot smarter than people want to think. Being intelligent and able to fluently communicate your wit is a talent imo. Look at the tech industry, filled with brilliant minds but a significant number can't communicate effectively with actual words.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Well at least Lil Dickey knows his limitations. And he can't be accused of false advertising.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
rap is not my thing. i listen to music
but if some people are better at something than others, is talent part of that?

Reaction score
How can racism be a non issue if it exists in your area? :huh:
There may be an isolated occurance here or there. But it's not a national obsession.

There are no street demonstrations.
Cops aren't gunning down black youth.
Black youth aren't gunning down cops in retaliation.
Race isn't on CNN every other day. In fact, it is barely ever talked aboutup here.
We never has a Civil Rights Act here because we always treated blacks (and all minorities) in a civil manner for centuries.
There was never slavery here. In fact, ancestors of our black Canadians crossed the border from th US to get away from slavery. And they blended in just like everybody else.
We've taken in over 30,000 Muslim refugees over the past year and not a word of opposition has been said about it. The only controversy is whether or not we should take in more on an annual basis. I won't talk about the guy who is running for President and what he thinks of Muslims.

We aren't perfect. Not even close. But it's all relative. And compared to the US, race is an non-issue.

Anyway, this is a football forum and I'm done with this discussion.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I guess I would care if I had any idea who Lil' Dicky is. I am supposing it is some obscure rap music artist.

sacase

Reaction score
I'm Canadian.

Race relations are a non-issue up here. We dont't give it a second thought. Everybody gets along great here. Race relations is your issue, not ours.

Has nothing to do with music. You either like it or you don't. The skin color of the artist is irrelevant.

Non-issue huh? Guess you forgot about your treatment of First Nation people.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Don't know about that. I wouldn't say Lil Dickey and Weird Al have anything in common, personally.
Well, clever rapper to make you laugh is probably fairer to Dicky and he is WORLDS above Weird Al talent wise; just first spoof musician I could think of. (he's talented, got a Tribe flow to him). Does he make solo albums? We had a couple on DC radio 95.5/93.9 and they're dang good (football similes). Mos Def is prob the closest rapper I would compare him to sound wise; boy be flowin...:D

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Non-issue huh? Guess you forgot about your treatment of First Nation people.
I was going to post a Kroll Show skit of their "attitudes" towards the "natives" but had cussin. Keep that head in the sand...
2015-02-24-kroll-show3.jpg

Last edited: