ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
November 6, 2008
Frustrated Terence Newman is finally healthy
3:28 PM Thu, Nov 06, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/tnew2-thumb-250x228.jpg

Terence Newman signed a six-year, $50.2 million contract this off-season and hasn't been able to earn any of it. He's been busy trying to rehab a torn groin/sports hernia.

Newman never felt right after injuring the groin the first week of training camp. He played a few games after sitting out the season opener and was exposed against the Commanders, giving up two touchdowns and getting burned on a deep ball to Santana Moss.

Newman gets a chance to make up for missed time next week in Washington, when he's expected to start. He feels like he should have been recovered a long time ago.

Newman said he aggravated the injury while trying to get ready for the season opener against Cleveland. It was thought at the time that he tore scar issue, but he ended up needing surgery.

"It's real frustrating, especially because like having to take time and knowing that I could've had something done earlier in the season and could've been playing weeks ago," Newman said today. "It's frustrating in that part and me trying to go ahead and play on it and go with it and hopefully let it take its course. Now, knowing [what] I had, it kinda sucks that I could've had it fixed and could've been playing."

Newman isn't ready to declare himself 100 percent. But he says he feels "pretty good" and doesn't anticipate any further setbacks.

"The difference in this and the last few months is that it was torn and I tried to play through it," Newman said. "But now it's fixed, so it's a completely different situation."

(Photo by Vernon Bryant/Dallas Morning News)

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Z mann R2;2405803 said:
FINALLY!!!!! Time to whoop them Commanders!

Let the revenge tour begin. My hate for the Giants is going to burn bright until that game.

We must break them.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2405812 said:
Let the revenge tour begin. My hate for the Giants is going to burn bright until that game.

We must break them.
Rocky_Break_You-T_300_258_88.jpg

Kilyin

Reaction score
Still not 100%... and I remember in training camp / preseason they said this would be a few weeks.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yeah, real frustration. He just got the big payday so what is he frustrated about?

When he starts giving Jerry Jones some money back, I'll believe the frustration. Until then, forget it.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
ninja;2405884 said:
Yeah, real frustration. He just got the big payday so what is he frustrated about?

When he starts giving Jerry Jones some money back, I'll believe the frustration. Until then, forget it.

I'll let him know how you feel. I'm sure he'll be so dissapointed.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
ninja;2405884 said:

:rolleyes:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
ninja;2405884 said:

lget5010+homer-simpson-stupid-like-a-fox-the-simpsons-poster-card.jpg

Eskimo

Reaction score
Tnew definitely not a guy you have to worry about from the work ethic aspect of things.

I do hope that the past couple of years of injury problems have just been bad luck.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I don't know Tnew - don't come back too quick or it will pop again

Roy #(The safety chasing WR's into end zone)

silver

Reaction score
30 year old cornerbacks seldom stay healthy. see anthony henry for reference

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed the part about Newman being able to play sooner, if only the medical staff had diagnosed his injury sooner and more accurately? This really ticks me off. I'm hoping Jerry addresses this. Not having players ready for games because of mis-diagnosis is just unacceptable.

followthestar

Reaction score
TNew was a great pick and i will always support our choice to make him a Cowboy. When healthy, he's one of the best and few will dispute that. His frustration seems mostly to be with the fact that he could have been on the field for the past few games, but for the misdiagnosis. I just pray he and Romo and the other injured players can be ready for the Skins, and hopefully continue to rehab back to 100 percent by the playoffs. a reinjured Newman, Kosier, Jones, Romo, Witten might spell the end of our hopes for this year. We've been lucky for several years and now its caught up to us. But let's be clear that if healthy, this team still has a very good shot at doing what the Giants did last season and come from nowhere to take the big prize home...

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
followthestar;2406209 said:
TNew was a great pick and i will always support our choice to make him a Cowboy. When healthy, he's one of the best and few will dispute that. His frustration seems mostly to be with the fact that he could have been on the field for the past few games, but for the misdiagnosis. I just pray he and Romo and the other injured players can be ready for the Skins, and hopefully continue to rehab back to 100 percent by the playoffs. a reinjured Newman, Kosier, Jones, Romo, Witten might spell the end of our hopes for this year. We've been lucky for several years and now its caught up to us. But let's be clear that if healthy, this team still has a very good shot at doing what the Giants did last season and come from nowhere to take the big prize home...

Who are these doctor's and trainers? They brought Kozier back too soon. Roy Williams broke his arm again.

If TNEW gets the operation at the beggining of the season, he would have been playing again. He tried to gut it out and be 'tough' and it cost him and some on here called him a 'girl'. When in fact, he was doing everything he could to play in pain and not miss any games. He pushed it in order to play and it back-fired.

Again, it appears the doctors blew it, and it cost Newman games.