News: DMN: Gosselin: After several key additions, the Commanders know the NFC East is theirs in 2016

garyv

Reaction score
Skins will be tough. Tough D.

Personally it want shock me if Norman is not the franchise CB the skins think he is.....also they are not that
much better if any than the Cowboys. I expect our DL to be much improved !!! I think the two Rookies along
with Thornton to make the line much better adding some juice and a little thump to stop the run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's the narrative popular narrative these days.

I haven't seen much change.

This is the same narrative as hear every year lol. Oh they had a great offseason and then they stink.

I think Giants, Cowboys and Deadskins all had solid offseasons....... But People like to omit the fact that if we are judging by last years team then the Cowboys will be getting back far more talent than any team can this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the narrative popular narrative these days.

I haven't seen much change.

I have. While the Norman deal looks like a Snyder splash, I think he's made other good ones and gotten out from some bad deals like Hatcher and Bowen.

I think the Doctson pick will allow them to move on from Desean Jackson soon too.

I don't see them being as reckless as they have in the past.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Elliott may not have much of a choice if McFadden pulls a hamstring or something as usual. Prescott will be one to watch of course, I have a feeling he will play streetball against reserves to the point people start thinking he is the answer.
Jackson is going to get plenty of reps. Isn't there Andy some other tryout guy that is on the 90 man roster?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I have. While the Norman deal looks like a Snyder splash, I think he's made other good ones and gotten out from some bad deals like Hatcher and Bowen.

I think the Doctson pick will allow them to move on from Desean Jackson soon too.

Washington has quietly become a smart team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
They've turned things around a lot after hiring Scot McCloughan to be their GM. When he's had his life in order, he's been successful in finding talent wherever he's been - San Francisco, Seattle, or Washington.

I agree with this, I think he is doing a very good job. I think they got caught in a tough spot because of injuries in the secondary and had to maybe overpay for norman but that shouldn't hurt them for a few years.

He seems to just pick the talent he wants and ignores the outside pleas, kind of like what has gone on here for the last few years.

People get upset because they create their own evaluations and who should go where but that doesn't mean anything and the good teams usually do what they feel fits their teams.

Cousins is a good player and their offense should be very good.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

I love that their bad deals where signings from Dallas, lol.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Goose made some good points and observations for once. Though he did miss that Washington won, and dismissed the Romo, Dez injuries, helped them win the division.
I do agree that Dallas out thinks themselves in the later rounds. Always going for the home run that won't help them this year. If I recall, none of these late round cute moves or picks ever worked out for them.
They throw away too many late round picks. Picking projects and injured players,because they fear they won't make it to FA.
This year they picked the injured played in the 2nd round. But I won't complain about that one. However they did just seem to pick players in their usual way in the 6th, they used their 7th round menality with their last 2 picks.

Many think Jackson will replace McFadden, I agree with goose, he will be a PS guy. Gathers I can see taking the chance on if in the 7th, but he too, most likely a PS guy. Even if he makes the team to "protect" him, he may be inactive until Escobar returns, then Gathers may be slipped to the PS.

I am not complaining about this draft, I have a wait and see approach, and will pull for every one of them.

Washington I believe are improving, and will be a tough opponent. But we can be tough as any other team, inside and outside the division.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The skins were bad running the ball and stopping he run. They have not done anything to improve those areas. The impact from this years draft will be minimial.

Doctson - will be their 4th receiver after Jackson, Gargeon, Reed. How many balls do they really think he will catch. As soon as Jackson doesn't get his share, I'm sure he will be crying.

Cravens - LB or safety. where will he play

Fuller - Bruce Allen said after the draft that they "hope" he is ready for Training Camp and they "hope" he can contribute in 2016. Doesn't sound reassuring.

Don't see how they improved much for this 2016. They will have one more year experience in Gruden's system, but that's it.

If Romo/Bryant stay healthy, it's the Cowboys to lose.

Cravens - Hated seeing the skins make a really great pick here. Much like Deon Bucannon has been used in Arizona, Cravens will be a DB playing in the box like a LB, but can fold back and cover TEs, slot WRs or Blitz when called on. We can hate on the skins all we want, but they got two really solid weapons with their first two picks.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
How is it quiet when everyone keeps talking about it?
There are much more people still trumpeting that Washington is stupid or are the off-season champions. Just like the national perception is that Jerry is only interested in making splashy, wheeling and dealing type moves and he hasn't been that in a while.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Cravens - Hated seeing the skins make a really great pick here. Much like Deon Bucannon has been used in Arizona, Cravens will be a DB playing in the box like a LB, but can fold back and cover TEs, slot WRs or Blitz when called on. We can hate on the skins all we want, but they got two really solid weapons with their first two picks.

I think the 'Skins are heading in the right direction. I just get confused by all of these mediots that claim that our draft will have little impact, then praise the Skins. Long term who knows, but in 2016, I think we have more folks that will contribute than they do.

Zeke will have more impact than Doctson in 2016.
Cravens will have more impact than Smith
Collins will have more impact than Fuller - if the Skins are unsure what he can contribute to injury, to me that's kind of like our smith pick
Tapper vs their DL could be a wash
we both drafted back-up QB's
we both used late picks on RB's
we drafted a CB/Safety

Sydla

Reaction score
Washington has quietly become a smart team.

Only Cowboys homers don't see this.

Snyder wised up a few years ago, pulled his hands back from the pot just a little bit and hired a real GM.

I'd still make the Cowboys the favorites in the NFCE largely because of Romo and the OL (assuming Romo can stay healthy), but sleeping on the Skins would be a mistake IMO.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Only Cowboys homers don't see this.

Snyder wised up a few years ago, pulled his hands back from the pot just a little bit and hired a real GM.

I'd still make the Cowboys the favorites in the NFCE largely because of Romo and the OL (assuming Romo can stay healthy), but sleeping on the Skins would be a mistake IMO.

Don't like the use of homer but I agree sleeping on them not smart er esp this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't like the use of homer but I agree sleeping on them not smart er esp this year.

Now granted, it's very possible Cousins could just prove to have been a fluke last year. And if that's the case, they have some issues. But under their new GM, they've drafted well, etc.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Wacky Skins fans fall for their off-season hype every year, now Cowboys fans are following suite.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

He may be in trouble trying to stop Zeke at his size.