News: DMN: Gosselin: After several key additions, the Commanders know the NFC East is theirs in 2016

Daillest88

Reaction score
The giants improved Alot. That defense has alot of new faces. There offense got some nice new weapons in the draft.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now granted, it's very possible Cousins could just prove to have been a fluke last year. And if that's the case, they have some issues. But under their new GM, they've drafted well, etc.

They have improved. I been telling a few friends the last few years, watch out for the Commanders. They are not as bad as they seem.
However, in light of Cousins success last year, there is now an entire year of game film on him and the offense under him to review and game plan for.

I do not take them lightly at all, Giants may be right there behind them. Eagles, once again are being talked about more than any other team right now on ESPN & NFLN, I thought that would have ended with the Chipper gone...LOL...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
One thing not much written about is the in depth knowledge we will gain about them from having Alfred Morris on our team. He will know their blocking schemes, their D, and just overall insider knowledge.

Didn't think about that much until this thread came up. Thanks for posting it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm continually amazed at how the Gosselins of the world blithely overlook the fact that Romo and Dez barely played last year. So the Commanders won the division last year.. Think that might have had more to do with the Cowboys injuries than a powerhouse Skids team??? They were better than than NY and Philthy, but the Cowboys would have run away with the division last year if Romo and Dez had been healthy.

I think the Skids did make some good moves, though, and will be better this year than last.

I think you answered why Goose and others pick the Commanders over the Cowboys. There's doubt that Romo will stay healthy - particularly at his age.

Daillest88

Reaction score
One thing not much written about is the in depth knowledge we will gain about them from having Alfred Morris on our team. He will know their blocking schemes, their D, and just overall insider knowledge.

Didn't think about that much until this thread came up. Thanks for posting it.

True. I just find it amazing how people are sleeping on the giants tho. They could be a scary team

Sydla

Reaction score
Go get your Cousins jersey before they run out.

Cousins could fail. Absolutely. But the new Skins GM has done a very good job in his two years there. Further, note that he drew a line in the sand on Cousins when Cousins' contract demands were off the charts.

I'd take their GM as our GM right now in a heartbeat. You fit the "homer" category, where you bristle and let it bother you that another Cowboys fan doesn't think the Skins or Giants or Eagles are jokes.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You fit the "homer" category, where you bristle and let it bother you that another Cowboys fan doesn't think the Skins or Giants or Eagles are jokes.

Proudly. (Edit: mainly just the Commanders, tho--I live in VA)

Better that than a grass-is-always-greener fan.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
They lost to Matt Cassell. They can't run the ball. The list of guys playing the worst at their position league wide last year read like a Commanders defensive depth chart.

Norman will help. Doctson will help. They'll be able to score points but Cousins is still untrustworthy. They're about to play that first place schedule.

The Commanders have not won the division without a fourth place schedule since 1991.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
LOL. Yeah, right. I don't care how they finished 2015 in this weakened division or how well everyone thinks they did in this draft, they will be fighting NYG for second place as long as Romo's healthy.

:hammer:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The giants improved Alot. That defense has alot of new faces. There offense got some nice new weapons in the draft.

That's who we are in contention with for the division (if it even comes to that w/Eli's erratic regular season play). I know the skins will play us tough, but Cousins is overrated and like many have said, they have game tape on him and a tougher schedule to try to squeak into the playoffs. W/o Romo; close games. With him, we likely sweep em.

Last edited:

reddyuta

Reaction score
Giants are our main competition for the East title, not the Skins.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I personally don't care who the best team in May is, I want the best team in Dec. and Jan.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
True. I just find it amazing how people are sleeping on the giants tho. They could be a scary team

Agree. If they ever get a home run running back they can be hard to defend with their wideouts especially if Cruz returns to form..

Califan007

Reaction score
Gil Brandt thinks the a Giants are the Commanders' biggest threat to the division title lol...