DMN JJT Blog: Stop whining about Romo! It could be much worse

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
9:48 AM Tue, Dec 09, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

Randall Cunningham. Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

Those were the quarterbacks of the Cowboys between Troy Aikman and Tony Romo. Can we get some perspective? Is Romo perfect? No. Does he have some flaws that he needs to correct? Absolutely.

But he's still among the top quarterbacks in the league whether you want to admit it or not.

Considering his age and ability, go ahead and tell me the quarterbacks you'd trade straight up for Romo? I'll do it for you: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

That's it.

Another faction of you might want to trade him for Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Matt Cassell, but that's as far as the list goes.

Your best bet for Dallas to win a championship is for Romo to continue to mature, learn from his mistakes and improve.

Comments (2) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
No crap, another amazing analysis from JJT. He had a crappy game, only idiots are saying to get rid of him.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
He will bounce back like he always does. People have bad games. I just hope the team doesn't lose focus.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He is still on the team?

I thought he was cut last night?

I know this, Duante Culpepper will be available this offseason. And he is tall and can throw it really far. The important stuff.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
theebs;2476658 said:
He is still on the team?

I know this, Duante Culpepper will be available this offseason. And he is tall and can throw it really far. The important stuff.
lol..
thats great stuff...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I would just like him to stop free-lancing so much and go back to distributing the ball to everyone on offense like he did his first couple of seasons. Our offense is unstoppable when everyone is involved.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The only problem I have with Romo is it doesn't appear that he studies / concentrates on football like he used too.

That seem to begin to change as soon as the bimbo entered his life.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
nyc;2476692 said:
The only problem I have with Romo is it doesn't appear that he studies / concentrates on football like he used too.

Thats impossible for us to know. I doubt it 100%.

what does hold some water is, the coaching staff that was here before had a very well run offensive system, and with david lee coaching chad pennington and Dan Henning who parcells always wanted here, they are really efficient and making plays.

THey spread the ball around and they run the ball very well.

So it maybe as simple as the offensive philosophy change, which is more aggressive requires more risk and creates more opportunities for failed plays.

Either way, I love romo. I like garrett and I think He is a darn good coach. I dont know why there was so much confusion on the field sunday especially after 10 days to get ready. I like this offensive coaching staff and we know these players work hard. I have full confidence that romo, witten, barber, bennet, crayton will get it together and play well. Especially under the 70 degree weather we are scheduled to have sunday night.

If we can force the giants to pass the ball because they are behind, we may pound them pretty good. I think with our corners we have right now and no burress, we can really do some stuff up front.

I said it after the game the other night and I will continue to say it.
I am more dissapointed for Tony Romo after sundays game then I am in him. I really hope he bounces back against two good teams here at home.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Even if someone thought that all of those QBs listed were better than Romo none of them are available to Dallas. They can't trade for any of them. Dallas is hitched to Romo and that is not a bad thing. He just needs to correct his weaknesses. One weakness is that he will inevitably have an absolute stinker of a game once a year. Hopefully this was the one and he gets back on track the rest of the season.

hendog

Reaction score
nyc;2476692 said:

Nonsense. His teammates say he prepares as much or more than anyone on the team.

The problem seems to me that he is hesitant to follow thru on some of his throws to keep from hitting his hand on a helmet or something else. He seemed to "snap" a bunch of his throws Sun. and I think that's what was hurting his accuracy (as well as the wind).

Aven8

Reaction score
If ever the comparison were more true between Farve and Romo.

We have to take what we get with him.

He's going to make the great play that few other qbs can make.

And he's going to make the bonehead plays.

But we will always be in position to win........I don't want a bus driver, or a manager. I want a qb that says we are going to win this game!

arglebargle

Reaction score
theebs;2476658 said:
He is still on the team?

But does he have 'The Look'??

ddh33

Reaction score
I'd still take Romo over every other QB in the league. Admittedly, a big part of that is because he's ours. But even being completely objective, I would only put Brady and Peyton Manning ahead of him.

I like what someone else said about the game on Sunday; I felt bad for Romo, not so much at him.

I suspect that a lot of fans will be right back on his side, calling for MVP trophies as soon as he wins the next big game.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
arglebargle;2476814 said:
But does he have 'The Look'??

those lovely ladies were not on the love boat with him for nothing.

He is so dedicated he will even work out in a supermarket parking lot.

Trying matching that dedication.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
nyc;2476692 said:

He is a film study workaholic. He just thinks he can do anything which is why he makes incredible plays and not so incredible. He'll get better.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2476626 said:
9:48 AM Tue, Dec 09, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

Randall Cunningham. Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

Those were the quarterbacks of the Cowboys between Troy Aikman and Tony Romo. Can we get some perspective? Is Romo perfect? No. Does he have some flaws that he needs to correct? Absolutely.

But he's still among the top quarterbacks in the league whether you want to admit it or not.

Considering his age and ability, go ahead and tell me the quarterbacks you'd trade straight up for Romo? I'll do it for you: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

That's it.

Another faction of you might want to trade him for Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Matt Cassell, but that's as far as the list goes.

Your best bet for Dallas to win a championship is for Romo to continue to mature, learn from his mistakes and improve.

Comments (2) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

I see JJT is still getting his articles from my posts. I posted that list (sans Cunningham) yesterday morning. He could at least give me credit once in a while. :rolleyes:

ENGCowboy

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Matt Cassell suddenly involved in a conversation where he doesn't belong?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So because it could suck worse, just be happy with what we got.

Good idea.

Instead of hoping that Romo would finally learn to protect the ball and give Dallas a legit shot at a championship, just be glad that we don't have a list of players who suck playing QB.

Great plan. I'm glad that will work for some.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, Crankcase did win 10 games and a playoff game...

kartr...HELP me here! kartr!! Are you out there? HELP ME!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
5Stars;2476891 said:
Well, Crankcase did win 10 games and a playoff game...

kartr...HELP me here! kartr!! Are you out there? HELP ME!

None of those guys won a playoff game.