Do any of you guys use this anti robocall feature?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Sometimes when I've called a number the opening message will say, "Press 37" (or some other number) "to prove you're not a robocaller." That seems pretty cool. I might ask my cell provider (Crickett) if they have that. I'm just curious if anyone here has this feature and likes it. Are there any disadvantages to it? I'm just sick of the zillions of stupid robocalls I get all the time. I get them while I'm working my job, and I need to keep my cell phone turned on at work because I'll occasionally text or call a coworker if our main system is down. Busting all the robocall dirtbags would be huge.

catiii

Reaction score
Only thing similar I'm familiar with is the phone rings once and a voice says please state your name at the beep before we can put your call through. Once you do that, the phone rings again. The person will either pick up or you'll get a chance to leave a voice mail.
My surefire way to prevent robocallers and spammers is to NOT Setup voice mail at ALL on my phone. If I see a number and no name, that means they are NOT on my contact list and I do NOT answer it. Then I block the number.
You don't need voice mail. If a contact calls, you're going to see it on your recent call list and you can call them back.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My phone is on Do Not Disturb 24/7 now, only people in my contacts get through. The robocalls and spam got to a point of 50-60 a day. I have tried every app or program out there to fix it but nothing help. Finally got sick of it and basically turned my phone off :banghead:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need me hearties for there exists DoNotCall.gov to protect all us righteous citizens. I finally sent them an email about who to report their worthless butts to but that would be just another government agency.

When that first came out, I reported offenders like this dipweed Jeff from the carpet cleaners. I hated Jeff, I hated Jeff's family, I wanted to find out who his friends were so I could tell them how much I hated them and that he was a narc and carpet cleaning was a front for laundering Columbian drug money. But I didn't.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only thing similar I'm familiar with is the phone rings once and a voice says please state your name at the beep before we can put your call through. Once you do that, the phone rings again. The person will either pick up or you'll get a chance to leave a voice mail.
My surefire way to prevent robocallers and spammers is to NOT Setup voice mail at ALL on my phone. If I see a number and no name, that means they are NOT on my contact list and I do NOT answer it. Then I block the number.
You don't need voice mail. If a contact calls, you're going to see it on your recent call list and you can call them back.
I have voice mail, and I still have the ability to mark callers as spam and block, or ignore the call. I don't know what your voice mail has to do with it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sometimes when I've called a number the opening message will say, "Press 37" (or some other number) "to prove you're not a robocaller." That seems pretty cool. I might ask my cell provider (Crickett) if they have that. I'm just curious if anyone here has this feature and likes it. Are there any disadvantages to it? I'm just sick of the zillions of stupid robocalls I get all the time. I get them while I'm working my job, and I need to keep my cell phone turned on at work because I'll occasionally text or call a coworker if our main system is down. Busting all the robocall dirtbags would be huge.
Well, I can tell you right now, if I called someone and had to press more numbers to get the call through, I'd just hang up. So you might miss a lot of calls from people who have no patience..........Come to think of it, you probably already do.
:muttley:

catiii

Reaction score
I have voice mail, and I still have the ability to mark callers as spam and block, or ignore the call. I don't know what your voice mail has to do with it.
I don't b likin to listen to voice mails from spammers because listening to them is the only way for you to know. Catiii don't do dat cause I don't give a stuff. No contact list - no answer - and the caller hears "the person you called is not available. CLICK" :D Contacts will always be called back or answered straight away so they don't need no voice mail either. I don't like phones as it is. I do like dem rotary dialers though. They b fun.:rolleyes: Down in Robicheaux Bayou near New Iberia they is all we got.:grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't b likin to listen to voice mails from spammers because listening to them is the only way for you to know. Catiii don't do dat cause I don't give a stuff. No contact list - no answer - and the caller hears "the person you called is not available. CLICK" :D Contacts will always be called back or answered straight away so they don't need no voice mail either. I don't like phones as it is. I do like dem rotary dialers though. They b fun.:rolleyes: Down in Robicheaux Bayou near New Iberia they is all we got.:grin:
I don't get voice mails from spammers. They hang up if I don't answer. At most there'll be a voice mail with nothing on it, or half a message....but even those only happen about once a month.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Well, I can tell you right now, if I called someone and had to press more numbers to get the call through, I'd just hang up. So you might miss a lot of calls from people who have no patience..........Come to think of it, you probably already do.
:muttley:

If a person is willing to put up with me, they already have the patience of Job, so I think I'm good.

catiii

Reaction score
No need me hearties for there exists DoNotCall.gov to protect all us righteous citizens. I finally sent them an email about who to report their worthless butts to but that would be just another government agency.

When that first came out, I reported offenders like this dipweed Jeff from the carpet cleaners. I hated Jeff, I hated Jeff's family, I wanted to find out who his friends were so I could tell them how much I hated them and that he was a narc and carpet cleaning was a front for laundering Columbian drug money. But I didn't.
OK Jeff ya sold me. If you clean boat carpet, meet me at the wharf on Robicheaux Bayou tonight at 11pm. Name of the boat is Mischief. Bring the stuff. Click.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to answer calls from people I don't know as I deal with people from all across the country. I have roughly 30 blocked calls on each of my work and personal phones. I know if I get a call on my personal phone from my home town area code, then I know without a doubt it's a spam call and it's the same as if I get a call from my work area code on my work phone. I also registered a couple of weeks ago on the do not call list. Spam calls are slowly dwindling to where I only get a couple a week.

Now if someone can explain how to stop the spam texts I'm all for it.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
My phone is on Do Not Disturb 24/7 now, only people in my contacts get through. The robocalls and spam got to a point of 50-60 a day. I have tried every app or program out there to fix it but nothing help. Finally got sick of it and basically turned my phone off :banghead:
Mine are bad luckily not 50 a day bad jeez that would make me throw the phone out the window lol. You're right though, I used to be able decipher with area code but I get Indian accents using my local numbers now. They're so good at bypassing the tech it's exhausting.

Good thing is Indian folk can't say the name Michael to save their life so it's a dead give away....MY..KEL??? No MY.KELS here right now:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have to answer calls from people I don't know as I deal with people from all across the country. I have roughly 30 blocked calls on each of my work and personal phones. I know if I get a call on my personal phone from my home town area code, then I know without a doubt it's a spam call and it's the same as if I get a call from my work area code on my work phone. I also registered a couple of weeks ago on the do not call list. Spam calls are slowly dwindling to where I only get a couple a week.

Now if someone can explain how to stop the spam texts I'm all for it.
I know exactly 2 people who live in my town, so if I get a call from that exchange and it's not one of them, I know it's spam.