Do Cowboys have Best WR unit in NFL?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, May 21, 2021.

1. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    30,659 Messages
    30,359 Likes Received
    Naw, he's old and stiff as well.

2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    There is no planet where Fitz and AJ Green are better than Amari Cooper or Gallup or CD Lamb and Gallup. Just none. Godwin and Antonio Brown run circles around them and Godwin is a much better slot receiver than Fitz. I can think of 10 guys right now i'd rather have in the slot. You are basing your opinion based on name recognition. Fitz may have a bigger name than Godwin but he's nowhere near as good.

quickccc likes this.
  3. rocyaice

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    Minnie only has 2 receivers though.

4. rocyaice

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    Lockette is not even a #2....he and Metcalf are like 1a and 1b.

You can't have the best receiving group in the league even if one of those guys is Michael Thomas.

MarcusRock likes this.
  5. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

8,380 Messages
    7,029 Likes Received
    it's particularly a pure WR unit topic .
    No TEs

6. quickccc

8,380 Messages
    7,029 Likes Received
    with no true QB, i don't think we're not gonna hear a lot from Michael Thomas than in past, for quite awhile - in fact i'm hearing rumors Saints maybe shopping Thomas.

rocyaice likes this.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

53,032 Messages
    41,165 Likes Received
    Other than maybe at Atl, Minn, TB and maybe Dallas (Lamb?), I can't think many (or any) teams with better WR2s better than Lockett.
    1050 yards and 10 TDs is strong

8. quickccc

8,380 Messages
    7,029 Likes Received
    Nice list ;)

- Watkins is no longer with KC Chiefs, (hard to believe Cowboys once targeted him to replace Dez)
    .-ex-Cincy great AJ Green now with Ariz ,
    - last heard Fitz was undecided about retirement or returning

9. rocyaice

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    I maybe in the minority but I mean it was clear Michael Thomas was force fed. I think he's a great receiver but he would have 10 catches in a game and 4 of them be for 10 yards lol. He was labeled as the best receiver in the league and I just never saw it personally.

10. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

6,144 Messages
    6,065 Likes Received
    But then when you compare Hopkins to Cooper, there a lot of gap to add to Fitz and AJ

11. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

6,144 Messages
    6,065 Likes Received
    I don’t disagree, I simply disagree with saying he’s the best. Those are the best you mentioned; he’s somewhere afterward.

Miami’s gonna be up there too once Waddle’s put some yards up. Devante Parker is great, but they also have Will Fuller, he’s electric.

DFWJC likes this.
  12. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

14,035 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    I don't think Watkins and Hardeman are top shelf receivers- not even close. They are products of Mahommes mobility!

DFWJC likes this.
  13. rocyaice

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    No its not. You are telling me AJ Green and Fitzgerald in 2021 are even close to Gallup and Cee Dee Lamb right now?

14. aikemirv

14,035 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    Through 5 games last year Dallas WR's were on pace for 1356,1385 and 1113 yards

We will see how they do this full year but any team would be hard pressed to top that with it's top 3

15. rocyaice

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    I don't even think its Mahomes mobility. He's not the most mobile guy in the world. He's not Lamar or even Deshaun Watson in that regard.

Hardeman and Watkins benefit from having Kelce and Tyreke Hill lol.

16. rocyaice

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    I'm not even sure that's been done in history by 3 receivers...I don't think it would've happened honestly. I don't think you can even consistently do what the Cowboys did last year trailing in all those games like that.

17. aikemirv

14,035 Messages
    7,037 Likes Received
    In mobility, I mean ability to move around the pocket and create time for his receivers to get open off the original route.

18. J-man

J-man Well-Known Member

1,400 Messages
    1,109 Likes Received
    If you go strictly top 3 WR's from each team, Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, than I'd say we are right behind with the Bucs' with Evans, Godwin and Brown.
    If you allow substitutions 3rd WR for TE's, we probably fall down the list somewhat.

19. rocyaice

50,154 Messages
    43,964 Likes Received
    Oh gotcha. I mean that's a big part of it. But we saw what happened in the Super Bowl when he had no time to throw. He was cooked.

20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

53,032 Messages
    41,165 Likes Received
    I think those two are right on the brink of retirement.....a shell of their former selves.

aikemirv and rocyaice like this.