Do not re-sign Zeke

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hope Jerry sells the team and it moves somewhere where fans like this will go and follow..so many dont resign threads..how about the entire DEFENSE, they lost the game, period..we did throw enough and offset Zeke, notice 22 points on the board lost by 8 , we simply didnt get the ball back enough as the Rams ran it down our throats for 277 yards with two backs and killed us in TOP, they played keep away and it worked..i imagine with another drive or two we could have taken this to OT or won..they simply kicked our teeth in with the run game..all this nonsense about they and bad Run defense, im betting they made that point to change that with 3 weeks off basically and decided to change their entire defense and offense to win this game, it worked..

stuff happens

garyv

Reaction score
He’s literally your offense. Amari disappeared in Oakland because they had no run game. Why make everyone else worse? For Rod Smith?

Several things:

1. The Offensive Line needs work. Connor Williams is more of a backup player. They need two OL this off season.
2. Naturally Linehan should be gone and Kellen Moore.
3. The Cowboys really need to focus on getting a new OC that will help the Offense grow and advance.
4. Retire or move Rod Marrinelli to an Assistant and promote Kris Richard to DC.
5. They have 50 million in cap space which can become 70 to 75 million with a few moves. One get rid of Terrance Williams 5 mil. Restructure Crawford. New contract for Amari Cooper with more upfront money could reduce his 10 mil a year. There are quite a few more. The 75 million can be used to redo DWar, Dak and others probably even enough to sign 2 or 3 free agents. They also have the Tag for somebody.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
These threads just blow my mind. He is under contract for next year and we have a 5th year option. We should not even be talking about this for another 2 years.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
We needed Dak to become a QB that can pass them to victory last night. He's not that type of QB unfortunately.
he needs to spend the offseason working on his accuracy of he wants to make the leap to an elite QB. IMO he has all the tools except accuracy in his passing game.

I doubt Dak ever becomes the accurate passer we all want him to be. But he does possess a skill set that we could win with if we had an OC and QB coach who would game plan to his strengths and not force him into being something he isn’t. Where were the roll outs, read draws and designed QB runs? Hopefully Linehan and Moore are gone and the next coaches know how to get the most out of Dak.

johneric8

Reaction score
just my two cents, they should trade him for picks, his head isn't right in my opinion and not worth some huge deal.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This isn’t an argument...

1. Quote where I stated he was better
2. I said I value an RB that can catch the ball like a receiver more than a pure runner in today’s league

Nice try. And it’s “your”, genius.
Why would I go back to 2016 threads to find your clown comments?

And it’s (i value A rb that can catch) genius. :lmao: Clown status

kevm3

Reaction score
We needed Dak to become a QB that can pass them to victory last night. He's not that type of QB unfortunately.
he needs to spend the offseason working on his accuracy of he wants to make the leap to an elite QB. IMO he has all the tools except accuracy in his passing game.

Maybe if the defense actually got a stop last night, Dak would have been able to pass them to victory or if Linehan doesn't run Zeke right into the center of their defense on 4th and 1.

pansophy

Reaction score
I doubt Dak ever becomes the accurate passer we all want him to be. But he does possess a skill set that we could win with if we had an OC and QB coach who would game plan to his strengths and not force him into being something he isn’t. Where were the roll outs, read draws and designed QB runs? Hopefully Linehan and Moore are gone and the next coaches know how to get the most out of Dak.
He looked better than Goff for sure. Should just run the Rams offense plus some RPO and the offense should be solid with Dak.