Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have always advocated that the team make use of a QB on a rookie deal, countless posts on this forum in the past.

I do not rate Prescott as an elite QB or a player that can carry a team. I do not value him on the same level as others on this forum who seem to regard him as Tom Brady 2.0.

He is far more like Andy Dalton, a QB that a team can win a Superbowl with if he isn't being paid like the top QB in the league so that the team can carry him in other areas.

How many teams have won the Superbowl by paying a QB top money who isn't worth top money over the last ten years? Nobody, maybe Eli Manning in 2011 but I don't think he was making elite money or was he?

Point is, history has shown that it just doesn't happen yet we are likely going down that painful avenue.

All I care about is winning a Superbowl, I do not care who the QB is, I just want the team to have the best chance of reaching that objective.

Do you think paying Prescott circa $40 million a season will help us reach the big dance...
You’ve whined about Prescott the entire time. Acting as if it is just now about money is pretty comical. Prescott could play for free and you would still hate him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have always advocated that the team make use of a QB on a rookie deal, countless posts on this forum in the past.

I do not rate Prescott as an elite QB or a player that can carry a team. I do not value him on the same level as others on this forum who seem to regard him as Tom Brady 2.0.

He is far more like Andy Dalton, a QB that a team can win a Superbowl with if he isn't being paid like the top QB in the league so that the team can carry him in other areas.

How many teams have won the Superbowl by paying a QB top money who isn't worth top money over the last ten years? Nobody, maybe Eli Manning in 2011 but I don't think he was making elite money or was he?

Point is, history has shown that it just doesn't happen yet we are likely going down that painful avenue.

All I care about is winning a Superbowl, I do not care who the QB is, I just want the team to have the best chance of reaching that objective.

Do you think paying Prescott circa $40 million a season will help us reach the big dance...

This post is about as dumb and contrived as it gets.

No one has EVER said anything in regards to this in red:

"I do not rate Prescott as an elite QB or a player that can carry a team. I do not value him on the same level as others on this forum who seem to regard him as Tom Brady 2.0."

Also this notion that Dak is asking for and will be getting 40 million is another lie.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’ve whined about Prescott the entire time. Acting as if it is just now about money is pretty comical. Prescott could play for free and you would still hate him.

The more Dak proves them wrong, the more they cry.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
It’s not really that we believe it. It’s that we know there are lots of better options out there. You can’t explain it to the Dak homers because the eye test means nothing to them. They love those 4000+ yard fantasy numbers.

They have their own kinds of "Eye Test" but call it "The It Factor", that certain unexplainable quality a player has that makes them a winner that you don't know how to describe it but you see it. And then there is the whole Clutch thing when there wasn't much of a sample size around. I find it absurd, to make a rule that nobody can form an opinion on what they see the so called "Eye Test" In other words, you are not allowed to use anything you see, just stats that someone picks and choose for their own purpose, when it is fairly common knowledge that people pick and choose stats all the time to misrepresent things. When the smoke clears the reality is still 8-8 and people have different opinions on who's to blame

Swagger

Reaction score

I do not hate him. As I have stated before, I do not think anyone on this forum hates Dak Prescott. I do not even know the guy.

I have merely questioned his value to the team and have highlighted as such on this forum.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The more Dak proves them wrong, the more they cry.
I can understand a poster who honesty doesn’t believe Prescott is worth a huge contract. I can respect that. But I refuse to accept that excuse from posters who didn’t even want him when he was making $465k a year. That is just their next excuse, and a bad one at that. They don’t want Dak at any contract and should just admit it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I do not hate him. As I have stated before, I do not think anyone on this forum hates Dak Prescott. I do not even know the guy.

I have merely questioned his value to the team and have highlighted as such on this forum.
Yes, I get you don’t “hate” Dak the person because you don’t know him. That’s not what is meant by hating. You have hated him as the QB of the Dallas Cowboys and have take every opportunity to slam him. That’s internet hating.

Swagger

Reaction score
I can understand a poster who honesty doesn’t believe Prescott is worth a huge contract. I can respect that. But I refuse to accept that excuse from posters who didn’t even want him when he was making $465k a year. That is just their next excuse, and a bad one at that. They don’t want Dak at any contract and should just admit it.

I have stated before that he previously provided excellent value given he was a fourth round draft pick on a rookie deal.

But then Gardner Minshew has provided excellent value to the Jaguars yet would I pay him circa $40 million a season. Of course not.

I question Prescott's value going forwards and like any other poster, I can still criticise his performances when justified, e.g. versus the Eagles in a win and you are in game last season he came up very short in a poor performance.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You do realize the things I see during the eyeball test with Dak are also things the NFL scouts saw.
Weaknesses
  • Inconsistency mars almost every aspect of his game, especially mechanically
  • Rocks back with a slight hitch in his delivery when putting zip on the ball
  • Can wind up with longer release when going down the field
  • Tendency to release the ball a tad early, resulting in a sailing or fluttering pass
  • Needs to vary the pace of the ball to match the situation/route (no bullets on screens)
  • Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
  • Makes very poor decisions at times, forces passes into coverage
  • Footwork can get sloppy, will fall off his base throwing to his left, loses accuracy/velocity
  • Doesn’t possess the heralded “power arm” that he was once rumored to have
  • Deep ball accuracy is lacking, touch passing needs a compass
  • Does not throw with anticipation, poor timing leads to late throws to all areas of the field
  • Can be confused and fooled by more intricate coverage schemes (ex. Alabama’s pattern reading)
  • Lacks accuracy and velocity when throwing on the move
  • Not a great athlete, heavy-footed and lacking lateral quickness and explosiveness as a runner

That's a good point: Scouts are professionals who do the "eye test"

Most people here aren't as talented as the professionals when it comes to the eye test. Then again most people here who post stats aren't professionals either and tend to misrepresent things either out of not being professionals or on purpose.

Swagger

Reaction score
I was also one of the few people on here that gave Prescott a pass versus the Patriots last season for various reasons (inexperience to not start with the glove, Pats D was still good at that point and the weather was horrific for QBs that night). But I'm not giving him a pass for several other games where his poor play hurt the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dak has earned and you have to pony up 33-35 million per season. Especially with the talent and new HC we have right now. Dak has been playing well and playing for peanuts.

The most laughable part is that the team has prepared for all this well ahead of time with the salary cap. We can easily afford both guys like Cooper and Dak AND Zeke. Hell I believe we have over 100 million in 2021 in space.

So all the salary complaining is really just something to cry about. Like most of their issues, they are unfounded and have little basis for merit.

And when considering that most of them are Romo cry babies, it makes LESS sense. Romo had all the same issues with team and coaching that Dak has had. Romo didnt win any more than Dak did. Their careers are virtual images of one another both statistically and team winning data.

Swagger

Reaction score
It's a moot point any way as we all know deep down that Prescott will get a whopping great contract and we have second hand car salesman Mike McCarthy to lead us.

It will be car crash reality television to watch over the next few years...I suppose at least we will be entertained albeit unsuccessful.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Every day I read a new thread about that QB who is going to somehow make us look like a genius for not signing Dak.

-- Matthew Stafford? Didn't anyone learn with Aikman what happens to an immobile QB over 30 with a bad back?
-- Teddy Bridgewater? How many games has he proven himself in his career since 2015? You realize he never threw more than 14 TDs a year before his injury?
-- Philip Rivers? He almost threw more interceptions than TDs in his worst year ever. He was booed out of the stadium by his own fans his last game!
-- Tom Brady? He turns 43 this year! I repeat, he turns 43! I didn't even trust myself jumping off my truck tailgate at 43. Nevermind a QB in the NFL!
-- Insert whichever QB is the flavor of the moment.

Here we have a 26 year old QB about to enter the prime of his career. Except for one sophomore slump, he has pulled in terrific numbers and wins every year. I won't post the repeat stat threads that show how Dak lines up well against all the recent great QBs in most significant stats and wins numbers. He's not a choker in the Playoffs. He just got done with a record year on a team that had given up on its head coach, and oh yeah, he tried to close it out with more than one significant injury. We'll never see him in a rape or wife beater headline, we'll never see the team give up on him or him isolate them with his primadonna act. He IS high grade quality individual, tough as nails, and this is about as safe a contract as you can gamble on.

You want to rally against him because he won't sign for the same as the last QB free agent? Fine. But look at the competition above. His agent isn't stupid. Someone will pony up $40 million a year for Dak. He is the only one on the list who guarantees you 7 years of a franchise QB.

If you want to have a serious QB debate, why not talk about some 2nd-4th round draft pick bargains that could become the next... gulp... Dak! Just in case we have to franchise him and it goes south. I look forward to someone telling me who that next hidden draft pick is who could play Tony Romo into retirement.
umm some of that I agree with but who please tell me who is paying Dak 40 ? dak isnt being released please have discussions in reality of the situation.if dak doesnt get signed hes being FT , that will cost a team TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS and 40mil?

please you find me that team and ill find a dumb soon to be fired coach and gm..hes not worth more then the 33 hes been offered, we know him best and somehow you think the FO of the DC is lowballing him? LMAO they want fair deal, why overpay? they've offed him this deal before last season and since..if he wants to be paid like RW and the Premier QBs how abt not finish 9-7 and 8-8 2 of the last 3 yrs..he fell on his face 5 of the last six games last year and that shows some major inconsistency's and why the DC are being cautious..

he at best #10 overall qb and should be paid like it not top 5..and for sure not #1 wow

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's a good point: Scouts are professionals who do the "eye test"

Most people here aren't as talented as the professionals when it comes to the eye test. Then again most people here who post stats aren't professionals either and tend to misrepresent things either out of not being professionals or on purpose.
We should post what the scouts said about Brady. Good thing they are the letter of the law. Someone posted his scouting report here. I’d love for you to read it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's a moot point any way as we all know deep down that Prescott will get a whopping great contract and we have second hand car salesman Mike McCarthy to lead us.

It will be car crash reality television to watch over the next few years...I suppose at least we will be entertained albeit unsuccessful.
So when we win a Super Bowl. You are not allowed to celebrate with us.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
First of all, you can’t blame a bunch of the defenses problems for the offense. The cowboys offense was first in yards and 6th in scoring. They weren’t perfect but they were not putting the defense at a constant disadvantage. So blaming the defenses issues on the offense is nonsense. Pure nonsense.

Didn't people blame romo back in 2012? Some of the same people who are now defending Dak?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was also one of the few people on here that gave Prescott a pass versus the Patriots last season for various reasons (inexperience to not start with the glove, Pats D was still good at that point and the weather was horrific for QBs that night). But I'm not giving him a pass for several other games where his poor play hurt the team.

Who says you have to give him a pass? Do you give a pass to Zeke, Lawrence, or the defense for those losses? Do you give a pass to Garrett for his horrid coaching?

There is no pass for losing to a team like the Jets. Or coming up horrid in the 2nd game against the Eagles.

I dont give one player or coach a pass in any of those games.

Swagger

Reaction score
Serious question - if the front office are completely sold on Prescott then why has it taken soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to sign him up?

Genuine question.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have stated before that he previously provided excellent value given he was a fourth round draft pick on a rookie deal.

But then Gardner Minshew has provided excellent value to the Jaguars yet would I pay him circa $40 million a season. Of course not.

I question Prescott's value going forwards and like any other poster, I can still criticise his performances when justified, e.g. versus the Eagles in a win and you are in game last season he came up very short in a poor performance.
You can say anything you want. Your posting history is there. When you hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, say he is average, hate, hate, hate, hated, hate, hate...you can’t just point to the time when you said something neutral and act as if that is normal position.

And then you are a big Romo fan. So, you can criticize Dak’s performances and his value going forward, and can highlight when Dak came up short against Philly but I bet if we got into a discussion about how Romo came up short in many elimination games you would have a bunch of ammunition ready to defend him.