Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
what do you consider elite and why?

That's very easy. Brady in his prime, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, the manning without the stupid face... XD The list of elite quarterbacks is small. Do I really got to say why? Well for one thing they can all Carry their teams in the playoffs. These guys are really Clutch. Romo wasn't Clutch. Dak isn't Clutch. Romo and Dak are good Quarterbacks. If you can't tell the difference between them and elite quarterbacks then you are a homer of which ever one...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak is not accurate, and not a great decision maker in crunch time .

That old Dak is not accurate thing is a season outdated. Dak improved his game in 2019. He's a good Quarterback, but I wouldn't pay a good quarterback elite quarterback money.

Shane612

Reaction score
Cowboys will rue the day they sign Dak to a long term deal worth more than $25,000,000.00 per year.

Dak isn't worth $30,000,000.00.
He a very likeable guy, but you can't let emotion get in the way.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see so if any QB like oh say Brady or Rodgers or even going back to Aikman has a game where he threw zero TD's that game is the total measuring stick for his career. Please tells us more about Elliott last season who had 6 games where he rushed for under 60 yards, one on 18 carries and ONLY 35 yards. That eagle game he was so much help with his whopping 47 yards. Or should we talk about the 5 sacks the line gave up in that game or the 4 dropped passes in that game. Maybe we should talk about the 431 yards the defense gave up or allowing the eagles to convert 42% of their 3rd downs.

Funny thing, not ha ha funny, That there are way more reasons why the Cowboys lost 8 games beyond Prescott.

Brady.....Rodgers......Aikman..........thats some esteemed company who EARNED their paychecks with clutch performances on the biggest stages. Does that sound anything remotely close to Dak?

Defense is absolutely the teams biggest problem. How do you fix it by allocating Dak and his favorite target 55 million of the teams cap space? You can't.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
This past season was Dak's best year. His rookie year had a better pick rate but he only averaged 18 attempts a game. 2019 was far and away his most productive.

He improved, but to say an 8-8 season, with a team with so much talent that people were expecting them to go to the super bowl was his best year... XD

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First of we don't know if Dak will get a deal that done that won't hurt us too much. It's the $40 mil thing that seems to be whats too costly. I do remember the days after Aikman and how painful it was. But if Dak does hold out for the $40 mil price tag, then basically he has put our team into a no win situation.

Dak isn’t going to get $40M per season from the Cowboys or anyone else. I support him and think he’s a very good QB who’s good enough for us to win a Super Bowl with but he hasn’t done anything to deserve $40M per season. If that’s what he’s asking for then he’ll be playing on the franchise tag the next two seasons until he lowers his asking price. He’s obviously asking for a lot or he would be re-signed by now.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That's very easy. Brady in his prime, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, the manning without the stupid face... XD The list of elite quarterbacks is small. Do I really got to say why? Well for one thing they can all Carry their teams in the playoffs. These guys are really Clutch. Romo wasn't Clutch. Dak isn't Clutch. Romo and Dak are good Quarterbacks. If you can't tell the difference between them and elite quarterbacks then you are a homer of which ever one...
How many elites are there today...

Mahomes.
Rodgers? Not any more.
Russell?
Brees...not sure he can any more.

Anybody else?

the playmaker

Reaction score
Your expectations must be very low for our Cowboys if you believe Dak is the one and there are no other and better options out there.
Yes, we believe we can do better than Dak and that's not really saying much considering his low talent base!
I agree!!!!!!
25 years of mediocrity....... "mediocrit Jones's fan"(not Cowboys fan)

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

I'm hoping you mean peyton lol

Blue64

Reaction score
Every day I read a new thread about that QB who is going to somehow make us look like a genius for not signing Dak.

-- Matthew Stafford? Didn't anyone learn with Aikman what happens to an immobile QB over 30 with a bad back?
-- Teddy Bridgewater? How many games has he proven himself in his career since 2015? You realize he never threw more than 14 TDs a year before his injury?
-- Philip Rivers? He almost threw more interceptions than TDs in his worst year ever. He was booed out of the stadium by his own fans his last game!
-- Tom Brady? He turns 43 this year! I repeat, he turns 43! I didn't even trust myself jumping off my truck tailgate at 43. Nevermind a QB in the NFL!
-- Insert whichever QB is the flavor of the moment.

Here we have a 26 year old QB about to enter the prime of his career. Except for one sophomore slump, he has pulled in terrific numbers and wins every year. I won't post the repeat stat threads that show how Dak lines up well against all the recent great QBs in most significant stats and wins numbers. He's not a choker in the Playoffs. He just got done with a record year on a team that had given up on its head coach, and oh yeah, he tried to close it out with more than one significant injury. We'll never see him in a rape or wife beater headline, we'll never see the team give up on him or him isolate them with his primadonna act. He IS high grade quality individual, tough as nails, and this is about as safe a contract as you can gamble on.

You want to rally against him because he won't sign for the same as the last QB free agent? Fine. But look at the competition above. His agent isn't stupid. Someone will pony up $40 million a year for Dak. He is the only one on the list who guarantees you 7 years of a franchise QB.

If you want to have a serious QB debate, why not talk about some 2nd-4th round draft pick bargains that could become the next... gulp... Dak! Just in case we have to franchise him and it goes south. I look forward to someone telling me who that next hidden draft pick is who could play Tony Romo into retirement.
Terrific numbers and wins...
I guess 8-8 is good, oh and you mention stats
Yes great stats...
how many games did Dak’s stats win the Cowboys when they were trailing in the 3rd quarter
Better yet... how many teams did Dak beat with a winning record?
or what really sealed the deal for me on Dak
What happened to his stats and great play against the EGals and their depleted team and secondary.
3 of 14 on 3rd downs
257 yards passing
0 TD’s / 3 FG’s
Against a secondary made up of players who weren’t even playing weeks before...
So yes anyone else could do at least as well and probably better than Mr Prescott as stats don’t accurately tell all.
Dak’s seems like a great guy and a likeable individual but he is not the guy that’s going to lead this team to the SB...
period

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well not in love with Romo but seemingly les.dak.and mentioned Romo out of thin air....more like inferiority complex. Not sure why he started the Romo stuff....after 4 years!?
You should know why I started the Romo stuff. I explained I was pulling stuff out my butt with you, like you did with me.

You jumped into a discussion, assumed I blame Dak for all the teams problems and you were wrong. Even after telling you I was a Dak fan, you continued down your path of (incorrect) assumptions.

I returned the favor. If you are going to do that to posters, then you shouldn’t be surprised when others treat you the same way.

That said, I bet this post goes entirely over your head because, for whatever reason, you can’t just admit you jumped to a wrong conclusion and move on.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yes because the vast majority of times I side with what the Cowboys do. You know professionals and not fans that want to be wannabe GM's
It explains why you are so defensive. You aren’t here to share and discuss opinions, you’re here to defend the team and all their moves.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Me and Aviano disagree a lot of times. But when you start insulting him, or any poster around here, questioning if they are grade schoolers and doped out on something, well it kind of makes it hard to take you serious from here on out. When you debate somebody, you should attack their arguments and not the debaters themselves. Attacking the person making the arguments means that you don't have anything to back up your own argument.

Actually he has thrown as many at me, but I resorted to that after repeating multiple times the same thing and he just didn't get it. That made me think he has problems that I said.