Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think we can get similar production for a fraction of the price with someone the likes of Dalton.

If I thought we were a Super Bowl team, I might look at it differently, I don't. Thus, I'd prefer not to over pay a QB that I consider to be of the average variety. I'd rather pay an average QB like Dalton half.

I've bee consistent with my stance on Dak, he's not a guy I want to go all-in on, he's not a Super Bowl caliber QB. I felt the same way about Romo, it was clear after a while that he just wasn't the guy to take us to the promised land.

I'd prefer to blow this whole thing up to be honest. I'm ready to trade anyone away and just start over with a new HC (got him), new QB, etc...
so Dalton who failed miserably in Cincinati and now is older and one door out of NFL is going to make us a superbowl contender!!! seriously!

so we might as well, just tank and go for top pick next year and target Lawrence....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fair enough ,That’s why I prefer a fresh start with a QB from the draft , rather than mortgaging the future away .
then we need to tank and go for the QB nexct year, because we don't have enough draft capital and have way too many holes to fill to trade picks, get a QB that can come in and have success if we have so many holes.....I don't like any of the QBs except for Burrow..Tua reminds me of Mariotta…..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He missed so many open receivers , in 2019 and 2018 ( remember the Tennesse debacle at home and others ) he is just not evolving , but regressing . Remember this in the next few seasons once Jerry pays him big .
its easy to nitpick....but he has a 65%+ completion rate....better than Stafford, rodgers, brady.....so he must be hitting some WRs...right? am I saying he is better than those guys (Stafford yes)...but those guys must be missing open recievers then....

. his ypa and average yards per throw and average yards in the air, etc. all improved this year....

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
We won 8 games this year, none of which were because of him.

we should trade him, but that required tagging him and nobody is looking for an overpaid qb.

hit the road dak, and don’t come back

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I see QBs getting let go by the pound this year, only one of them accomplished something. I am a firm believer that we'll be in Dak's boat for the next 10 years without anything to show for it, just like all those other loser franchises.

We know what we have, he's not going to flip a switch and be a decisive passer. We can't win when he's on minimum wage, but somehow the team as a whole is going to get fixed while he's demanding to be close to the highest paid in the league? Yeah common sense tells me we can find similar performance elsewhere for cheaper, whether through FA or the draft and the offensive support we have will spoil the hell out of the new guy that's for sure.

Gee I wish I had your crystal ball so I could see as fact what's going to happen for the next ten years. Oh and I must have been seeing things when QB's like Rodgers or Brady missed receivers, sometimes badly because that only happens with Prescott. Gee Prescott led the league in passing almost the entire season because he can't pass or is so inaccurate. Gee Prescott wasn't held back at all by Garrett now was he. But you just crapped on those other QB's who were on the other loser franchises that are available yet signing one of them is one of your cures? Wait, it's common knowledge that EVERY highly touted QB coming out of college has always been great and none of them have turned out as busts so just drafting a QB is a sure fire guarantee to be better than Prescott. Here's a little clue for you. Players and their agents don't start out with the number that they will eventually settle for, they start higher, most times much higher. It's called negotiating.

Blue64

Reaction score
Dalton was the poster boy for needing a backup qb come playoff time, he was guaranteed to lose those games lol. In the end they got no where with Dalton and stuck with him way too long, I don't want us to repeat their mistakes
Unfortunately
Dak is no better than Andy Dalton
He can’t win when he has to deliver...
witness the Rams game... excellent
Game against the Egals where the cowboys had to win... Dak and his teammates did their best disappearing act.
Week after against the Deadskins in a meaningless game... there was Dak again

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
We won 8 games this year, none of which were because of him.

we should trade him, but that required tagging him and nobody is looking for an overpaid qb.

hit the road dak, and don’t come back

Oh so the 8 games that the Cowboys score 30 or more points Prescott had nothing to do with any of them? That brings us to another point. The Cowboys lost 8 games and I'll bet that you think the defense wasn't responsible for any of them. That defense that continually gave the offense poor field position having to start drives deep in their own end of the field. A defense that ranked 29th in takeaways. That defense had zero to do with the Cowboy's record? How about special teams that ranked 3rd in most yards given up on coverage That didn't have anything to do with the Cowboys record?. My how easy it is to blame just Prescott when you have your eyes shut to everything else.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Unfortunately
Game against the Egals where the cowboys had to win... Dak and his teammates did their best disappearing act.

At least you said Prescott AND teammates for eagles game. That means that because those TEAMMATES also didn't play well it could and did have a DIRECT affect on Prescott's play. So everyone that keeps trying to but the entire blame on Prescott keep missing that very important fact. I'm not saying that there is no blame on Prescott but what I am saying is there is way enough blame on the TEAM to go around.

Section446

Reaction score
so Dalton who failed miserably in Cincinati and now is older and one door out of NFL is going to make us a superbowl contender!!! seriously!

so we might as well, just tank and go for top pick next year and target Lawrence....
You didn't read the post... We aren't contenders with Dak, especially at $40 million a year, I'd like to just blow this thing up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You didn't read the post... We aren't contenders with Dak, especially at $40 million a year, I'd like to just blow this thing up.
ok, if not Dak who will make us contender? everyone keeps pointing to Dak and the $40 mill that they don't want to pay. no one has yet to offer a realistic, better alternative. the point is not to win the spreadsheet math, the point is to win the superbowl. as I have said before, if there are no better options than what we currently have, as much as you may not like the current option, its the best option available. ….so what's your realistic/better other options?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Unfortunately

you know he has had the highest number of comeback wins in the past 4 years in the NFL. right?

and what about the defense? can the defense deliver? in the Rams game you mentioned, the defense gave up over 200 yards rushing and got prison raped and gashed to the tune of 273 yards rushing and couldn't get off the field. we still had a chance in the end, making it within 8, and needed the defense to make one...uno...a single stop to give the ball back to the offense and they failed at it. they knew the rams would run the ball and we still couldn't stop them.

and I know all those against resigning dak keep pointing to the 8-8 in 2019, because the previous 3 years doesn't fit their agenda, however, this year we lost at least one if not two games due to incompetent kicking before we replaced the kicker. are you excusing the kicker? we had the worst, absolute worst special teams and then handicapped by coaching, that due to bad in game decisions directly cost the team 2 games. are you excusing the coaches?

but you are clearly dismissing all other factors and putting the entire win/loss on Dak, and by the same token when people such as yourself argued against Dak in the past, you gave credit to the team for wins to win that argument. you didn't agree that Dak won games...now you take the opposite view..

what gives?

and I have asked what's a realistic/better alternative?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak at 40 million a year may not be a blueprint for success. ....... but it sure takes care of Dak and helps his fans feel like there is still justice in the world. And really, isn't justice what sport is all about?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Unfortunately

Which Rams game 2019 or 2020?

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dak at 40 million a year may not be a blueprint for success. ....... but it sure takes care of Dak and helps his fans feel like there is still justice in the world. And really, isn't justice what sport is all about?

Alot of hate in this post my fellow Cowboy fan. Could you point me to this secret society of Dak lovers who want him to be paid $40 mil?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alot of hate in this post my fellow Cowboy fan. Could you point me to this secret society of Dak lovers who want him to be paid $40 mil?

The only hate here is what you read into it. Most Dak lovers on this board don't like talking about numbers or at what ask they walk away.........far from a secret society. Just post anything that even sounds like Dak doesn't deserve to get paid what he's asking and you'll see what I mean.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
again, who if not Dak. who would be better, and I asked realistic and make a case that they will make us better. its not that hard as you say, Dak is not the answer.

Again, that's interesting. I think this board has gone over the options numerous times. But whomever it is, let it be someone who doesn't handcuff the team to a bad situation.