Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again, that's interesting. I think this board has gone over the options numerous times. But whomever it is, let it be someone who doesn't handcuff the team to a bad situation.
the options that I am aware of were based on the pundits inputs on this board

Keenum
Marriotta
Stafford
Brady
Fitzgerald
Dalton

are any of these clearly better than Dak in the next 2-3 years?

any other ones?

and I find it interesting you didn't want to directly include any names and deferred to "the board"..so are you part of "I just don't want Dak and have no other real option" crowd?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
SMH? that was a link to terry bradshaw….

I looked through that site as well and it has all time and right now Stafford is the highest active QB...at 26 for his career.

still, Dak has 15 comeback wins in 2016,17,18 and Cinci has total of 19 wins in the same span. How could Dalton have more comeback wins in that 3 year span than Dak? perhaps for his career which is 20 according to the pro-reference, and that's a span starting in 2011!

he has 9 comeback wins in 16,17,18

I think you were just anxious to respond and prove me wrong and didn't pay attention to details

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
SMH? that was a link to terry bradshaw….

I looked through that site as well and it has all time and right now Stafford is the highest active QB...at 26 for his career.

still, Dak has 15 comeback wins in 2016,17,18 and Cinci has total of 19 wins in the same span. How could Dalton have more comeback wins in that 3 year span than Dak? perhaps for his career which is 20 according to the pro-reference, and that's a span starting in 2011!

he has 9 comeback wins in 16,17,18

I think you were just anxious to respond and prove me wrong and didn't pay attention to details
PFF is glitching. Look at the link, it had Dak’s name in it. Or better yet forget the link and just search for Dak and there’s a link right on the front page. Dak does not have no 15 comeback wins in 3 years... are you kidding? Can you even name them?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, 8 comebacks tied for 5th with Dalton since 2016. Anything else you need me to clear up or are we done?
well according to pro-football reference the source you used, Dak has had 14 in regular season and Dalton has had 9...so I stand corrected, I under counted Dak's comebacks as you referenced them.

btw, Dalton was part of a team with three losing seasons in a row. no playoff wins in his career. will be 33 years old. how's that better QB than Dak? oh, yeah I forgot, the spreadsheet math says we save money on the cap, winning be damned...

not sure about your infatuation with Dalton...perhaps you are both red headed

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
well according to pro-football reference the source you used, Dak has had 14 in regular season and Dalton has had 9...so I stand corrected, I under counted Dak's comebacks as you referenced them.

btw, Dalton was part of a team with three losing seasons in a row. no playoff wins in his career. will be 33 years old. how's that better QB than Dak? oh, yeah I forgot, the spreadsheet math says we save money on the cap, winning be damned...

not sure about your infatuation with Dalton...perhaps you are both red headed
It says right there in big green letters that Dak has 8 comebacks :facepalm:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It says right there in big green letters that Dak has 8 comebacks :facepalm:
yes, it says 8 4th quarter comebacks...and 14 game winning drives....

and regardless, all we have heard on this thread is that Dak is 8-8 and can't win...but Andy Dalton who had three losing seasons with Cinci is a better choice? a guy with exactly 0 playoff victories on his resume.

ok, you just saved your self 10 mill a year, maybe 12.... and you bought yourself a 5-11 record. ok, maybe he will be great and get us to 7-9...woohoo

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

and regardless, all we have heard on this thread is that Dak is 8-8 and can't win...but Andy Dalton who had three losing seasons with Cinci is a better choice? a guy with exactly 0 playoff victories on his resume.

ok, you just saved your self 10 mill a year, maybe 12.... and you bought yourself a 5-11 record. ok, maybe he will be great and get us to 7-9...woohoo
So like I said in the beginning, Dak does not have the most comebacks wins in the last four years, he is tied for fifth with Andy Dalton. You are now hereby authorized to return to whatever it was you were doing before I issued the correction.

Adreme

Reaction score
So like I said in the beginning, Dak does not have the most comebacks wins in the last four years, he is tied for fifth with Andy Dalton. You are now hereby authorized to return to whatever it was you were doing before I issued the correction.

Aren't you two basically stuck on a semantic argument? If you use the statistic game winning drives Dak has 14 since he came into the NFL (per pro football reference), Andy Dalton has 24 for his entire career (you can separate by year if you want but I did not feel like it).

If you argue for 4th quarter comebacks then Dak has 8 for his career and Andy has 20 (per the same source and yes Andy has had a FAR longer career). For either semantic argument you make those are the numbers.

garyo1954

Reaction score

The difference in a GWD and 4th Qtr Comeback....

Game-winning Drives are a slightly different animal even though most 4QCs are also GWDs. GWDs are when the offense takes the field in the fourth quarter/OT, tied or down 1-8 points, and delivers the points that put the team ahead for good.

An example would be you're never behind, but the opposing team ties the score in the 4th quarter, so you have to score again.

A fourth quarter comeback is when the team is down 1-8 points in the fourth quarter or overtime, scores on offense, and ultimately wins the game. You can't earn one by running an interception back for the winning score.

Dak has two TDs in his eight 4th quarter comebacks. Ont to Witten in OT and the other to Cole Beasley. The rest came on Zeke or Alfred Morris runs or Dan Bailey or Matt Baher field goals. Bailey had three field goal in the 4th quarter of one game to bail the team out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
from 2016 through 2018, which is what I pointed to in the beginning, he has the most....14. the next is 13.....that's as far as the site has published....
geez, you are stuck on the same track over and over again...no matter how many times you click your heels, you wont' get back to Kansas Dorothy. your attempt to make Dalton be like Dak or vice versa has failed misreably

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The difference in a GWD and 4th Qtr Comeback....

Game-winning Drives are a slightly different animal even though most 4QCs are also GWDs. GWDs are when the offense takes the field in the fourth quarter/OT, tied or down 1-8 points, and delivers the points that put the team ahead for good.

An example would be you're never behind, but the opposing team ties the score in the 4th quarter, so you have to score again.

A fourth quarter comeback is when the team is down 1-8 points in the fourth quarter or overtime, scores on offense, and ultimately wins the game. You can't earn one by running an interception back for the winning score.

Dak has two TDs in his eight 4th quarter comebacks. Ont to Witten in OT and the other to Cole Beasley. The rest came on Zeke or Alfred Morris runs or Dan Bailey or Matt Baher field goals. Bailey had three field goal in the 4th quarter of one game to bail the team out.
ok, how many TD passes Dalton have? and its LEADING a GWD. not throwing for a 4th quarter GWD.

the argument has been Dak was 8-8 not that he didn't pass us to victory.... you are trying to change the measuring stick and you just did this in a vaccum. what about Dalton? Brady? Rodgers? Brees? how many gGWD TD passes have they thrown?

garyo1954

Reaction score
from 2016 through 2018, which is what I pointed to in the beginning, he has the most....14. the next is 13.....that's as far as the site has published....
geez, you are stuck on the same track over and over again...no matter how many times you click your heels, you wont' get back to Kansas Dorothy. your attempt to make Dalton be like Dak or vice versa has failed misreably

Check Drew Brees. He has 15......there is another QB with 15 as well. Yeah, I spent one evening a month ago looking at them. Can't remember them all.....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BreeDr00

garyo1954

Reaction score
ok, how many TD passes Dalton have? and its LEADING a GWD. not throwing for a 4th quarter GWD.

the argument has been Dak was 8-8 not that he didn't pass us to victory.... you are trying to change the measuring stick and you just did this in a vaccum. what about Dalton? Brady? Rodgers? Brees? how many gGWD TD passes have they thrown?

Splitting hairs? That definition came from Stats 101 so you're argument is with them. Sure it looks good on Dak's record, except Zeke gets credit for the TD and Bailey for the field goals. It ain't like Dak won the game or anything.

glimmerman

Reaction score
its easy to nitpick....but he has a 65%+ completion rate....better than Stafford, rodgers, brady.....so he must be hitting some WRs...right? am I saying he is better than those guys (Stafford yes)...but those guys must be missing open recievers then....

. his ypa and average yards per throw and average yards in the air, etc. all improved this year....
It’s all there. It’s a team game. Give us a better ST and we would have put up more points. Likely TDs and for sure FGs. JG waited to long to get another kicker and should have changed the ST coach earlier also. We were missing a phase of the game all year. Probly cost us a few games for sure.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It says in big green letters that Dak has 8 comebacks in his career... :facepalm: