Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I see QBs getting let go by the pound this year, only one of them accomplished something. I am a firm believer that we'll be in Dak's boat for the next 10 years without anything to show for it, just like all those other loser franchises.

We know what we have, he's not going to flip a switch and be a decisive passer. We can't win when he's on minimum wage, but somehow the team as a whole is going to get fixed while he's demanding to be close to the highest paid in the league? Yeah common sense tells me we can find similar performance elsewhere for cheaper, whether through FA or the draft and the offensive support we have will spoil the hell out of the new guy that's for sure.
you make a good point, but the one key issue your ignoring is that was with JG and his staff, and now we have MM and his staff.
If JG were still here I would agree with you, but that isnt the case.

everyone is judging dak on his JG years, but me I want to see what he does with MM , at least 1 year, before I judge his worth or skills.
I was watching the skins game 2 from 2019, and dak threw some bad passes , but also threw some perfect passes, 1 being the deep one to devin smith
who caught it in stride, perfect pass.

I would like to see dak using his run ability from the pocket, not designed runs, that is what mahomes does.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Every day I read a new thread about that QB who is going to somehow make us look like a genius for not signing Dak.

-- Matthew Stafford? Didn't anyone learn with Aikman what happens to an immobile QB over 30 with a bad back?
-- Teddy Bridgewater? How many games has he proven himself in his career since 2015? You realize he never threw more than 14 TDs a year before his injury?
-- Philip Rivers? He almost threw more interceptions than TDs in his worst year ever. He was booed out of the stadium by his own fans his last game!
-- Tom Brady? He turns 43 this year! I repeat, he turns 43! I didn't even trust myself jumping off my truck tailgate at 43. Nevermind a QB in the NFL!
-- Insert whichever QB is the flavor of the moment.

Here we have a 26 year old QB about to enter the prime of his career. Except for one sophomore slump, he has pulled in terrific numbers and wins every year. I won't post the repeat stat threads that show how Dak lines up well against all the recent great QBs in most significant stats and wins numbers. He's not a choker in the Playoffs. He just got done with a record year on a team that had given up on its head coach, and oh yeah, he tried to close it out with more than one significant injury. We'll never see him in a rape or wife beater headline, we'll never see the team give up on him or him isolate them with his primadonna act. He IS high grade quality individual, tough as nails, and this is about as safe a contract as you can gamble on.

You want to rally against him because he won't sign for the same as the last QB free agent? Fine. But look at the competition above. His agent isn't stupid. Someone will pony up $40 million a year for Dak. He is the only one on the list who guarantees you 7 years of a franchise QB.

If you want to have a serious QB debate, why not talk about some 2nd-4th round draft pick bargains that could become the next... gulp... Dak! Just in case we have to franchise him and it goes south. I look forward to someone telling me who that next hidden draft pick is who could play Tony Romo into retirement.
Yes..Dak is not the QB I would bet my future on.

As we have seen other young QBs did this season like Jackson and Mahomes.

Early in their careers they have just run rings around Dak.

I frankly do not think he is going to improve alot more. It's taken 4-5 years to get this far with him.

There is alot more rebuilding to be done with the defense. It's going to take 2-3 years to get enough talent on the defense to be a real contender.

Are we going to pay Dak a top 3 contract while we go 8-8 and 9-7 for the next couple of years?

I hope not. Find a rookie QB or trade for one that is affordable.

Accelerate the rebuilding while we are not winning at a high level. Load up the whole team with young talent and just find a bus driver QB that can not turnover the ball.

We will have cap each year to keep our FAs as desired and sign key players as needed.

We will win and get very happy.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I would go with a little lesser option before I would overpay and generate another bad contract.
I agree! For the money him and his agent are asking for it just seems like they think the Cowboys are check mated into paying him what ever he wants. Thats not a good way to do business. I would like to see Dallas at least start kicking the tires on some QBs while in negotions with Dak just to send a message that hey were preparing for life without you.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Are we going to pay Dak a top 3 contract while we go 8-8 and 9-7 for the next couple of years?
Along with letting good players leave via FA because one guy is taking all the money! Thats a good way to have dissension in the locker room.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
There are many Dak haters on this board. So the answer to that is YES - there are better alternatives to Dak out there.

However, most of it is just wishful thinking. Their hate for Dak has clouded their vision. Just like the true power of the Sith Lords' ability to blind the weak-minded souls. They are blinded by that same fake reality that this FO is going to give up on Dak.

Hadenough

Reaction score
There are many Dak haters on this board. So the answer to that is YES - there are better alternatives to Dak out there.

However, most of it is just wishful thinking. Their hate for Dak has clouded their vision. Just like the true power of the Sith Lords' ability to blind the weak-minded souls. They are blinded by that same fake reality that this FO is going to give up on Dak.
Thou Shalt the greedy be cast out!

Brax

Reaction score

Dak hater definition;
"One who sees Dak's talent as good to average and isn't blinded to his lack of it"
Dak apologist
" One who see's any of Dak's shortcomings as someone else's fault and greatly over appraises his talent level"

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak hater definition;
"One who sees Dak's talent as good to average and isn't blinded to his lack of it"
Dak apologist
" One who see's any of Dak's shortcomings as someone else's fault and greatly over appraises his talent level"

So I guess that makes me a Dak hater......

Sandyf

Reaction score
Every day I read a new thread about that QB who is going to somehow make us look like a genius for not signing Dak.

-- Matthew Stafford? Didn't anyone learn with Aikman what happens to an immobile QB over 30 with a bad back?
-- Teddy Bridgewater? How many games has he proven himself in his career since 2015? You realize he never threw more than 14 TDs a year before his injury?
-- Philip Rivers? He almost threw more interceptions than TDs in his worst year ever. He was booed out of the stadium by his own fans his last game!
-- Tom Brady? He turns 43 this year! I repeat, he turns 43! I didn't even trust myself jumping off my truck tailgate at 43. Nevermind a QB in the NFL!

Here we have a 26 year old QB about to enter the prime of his career. Except for one sophomore slump, he has pulled in terrific numbers and wins every year. I won't post the repeat stat threads that show how Dak lines up well against all the recent great QBs in most significant stats and wins numbers. He's not a choker in the Playoffs. He just got done with a record year on a team that had given up on its head coach, and oh yeah, he tried to close it out with more than one significant injury. We'll never see him in a rape or wife beater headline, we'll never see the team give up on him or him isolate them with his primadonna act. He IS high grade quality individual, tough as nails, and this is about as safe a contract as you can gamble on.

You want to rally against him because he won't sign for the same as the last QB free agent? Fine. But look at the competition above. His agent isn't stupid. Someone will pony up $40 million a year for Dak. He is the only one on the list who guarantees you 7 years of a franchise QB.

If you want to have a serious QB debate, why not talk about some 2nd-4th round draft pick bargains that could become the next... gulp... Dak! Just in case we have to franchise him and it goes south. I look forward to someone telling me who that next hidden draft pick is who could play Tony Romo into retirement.
Good write up but the Dak haters will always find a way to spin it there way. Actually starting to believe those fans would be happier if we lost 14 games a year. Just wish they would get Dak, Amari and Byron signed sooner than later.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Your expectations must be very low for our Cowboys if you believe Dak is the one and there are no other and better options out there.
Yes, we believe we can do better than Dak and that's not really saying much considering his low talent base!
You keep repeating this. But you don’t give any better options.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can only say this so many times tag him if he works out then pay him if not move on

Loso86

Reaction score

Lol there are those who feel like the answer is yes....which is ridiculous lmao

garyo1954

Reaction score
The best scenario is Dak constantly looking over his shoulder at another realistic option.

Competition.. because no player should ever feel entirely comfortable with their status.

True. I remember Tom Landry pulling Don for Craig Morton. Sometimes it was mop up. Other times it was due to Don having a bad day. Or he was beat up and needed it.

Don never complained.
Craig never complained when he was back on the bench the next week.

Same with the 49ers.
Montana had Young relieve him.
Young had Bono and Grbac relieve him.

How else do you develop a QB?

king987

Reaction score
Is it possible that a better QB than Dak could be the Cowboys starter next season? Sure, it's a legit possibility.

But realistically? Not really. Dak will be the QB.

We're just a spoiled fan base. Some fan bases would be happy enough just to have a QB who was at minimum above average. But Cowboys fans? If you're an inch below Staubach, then you're straight up trash. It's gotten kinda old, but I'm numb to it at this point.