1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Do the Cowboys bring back WR Tavon Austin?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Floatyworm, Apr 6, 2020.

1. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

3,712 Messages
    4,807 Likes Received
    Our WR3 is either going to be a rookie or is on another team’s roster right now.

2. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady mcompact

3,125 Messages
    5,776 Likes Received
  3. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,489 Messages
    4,771 Likes Received
    Why was he ever here? Under utilized like a ....

4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Admin

73,450 Messages
    28,552 Likes Received
    I would imagine it would depend on the draft. If they get a young player who they think could be a dynamic returner or a viable 3rd wr...they probably let Tavon leave.
    If they don't, maybe they bring him back.

5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

22,870 Messages
    15,321 Likes Received
    Not sure we've really got anyone to return punts, so that seems pretty telling about what Fassel thinks of Austin doing it.

6. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

32,404 Messages
    25,864 Likes Received
    I thought he would with Fassel coming in here. I'd like to see what he does with Fassel as opposed to the trash we had as a ST coach.

But that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to someone else doing that job. Maybe Pollard could.....

cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  7. Javier

Javier Active Member

239 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Thats the true

8. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,234 Messages
    6,971 Likes Received
    its time to move on from him he is a jag

9. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,191 Messages
    1,043 Likes Received

I do not want him back. What has he made 3 total big plays since he been a Cowboy? Never stepped up when other been hurt. We have to be able to find a better player than Austin.

10. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

9,464 Messages
    15,926 Likes Received
    Draft his replacement.

Bobhaze likes this.
  11. jujoboys

jujoboys Well-Known Member

631 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    No. Please move on from this guy. He has absolutely zero skills as a WR. Has tons of speed but seems to have trouble tracking deep balls. We need WRs that are reliable and consistent. Not guys that make a play once every 5 or 10 games. The guy has to be completely wide open or he doesn't catch the ball. His best plays usually come from the backfield. We have Zeke and Pollard for that. Get me a fast WR that can go deep and actually track the ball and catch it. Hw would say that he is a shorter, faster version of Nelson Agholor but I don't even think he is that good.

Techsass likes this.
  12. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "It was a catchable pass" Zone Supporter

7,937 Messages
    11,147 Likes Received
    SUPERBOWL BABY with Austin for sure for sure....

13. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

42,508 Messages
    43,614 Likes Received
    If they are interested in bringing him back, it won't happen until after the draft. Maybe Dallas is interested, as well other teams, and his asking price is too much.
    He played on a $5 million deal last season, maybe he wants at least that much again. And teams, including Dallas are saying no.

He did not make an impact in his 2 seasons here, except he was coming around on PR's. However Cobb was back there at times as well.
    hey will look to the draft or an UDFA as they usually do.

Right now not sure how I would feel if they brought him back, and I liked when the traded for him, as well signed him last year. But ok if they move on as it seems they are. If for PR and little use in the slot or WR, I think he holds back players like Smith and injury prone Wilson. Who had more injuries than Austin actually.

14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,313 Messages
    10,504 Likes Received
    Austin has been injured and a bust his entire career. He's never had more than 600 yards in a season. What's the point?

Londonboy likes this.
  15. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

17,960 Messages
    14,839 Likes Received
    The difficulty is in knowing if "rarely showing up" truly is that, or if it is lack of opportunity. Or some combination thereof. That's what the Cowboys have to decide - if Austin is capable of more if given the opportunity.

16. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

2,144 Messages
    1,995 Likes Received
    I don't think I'd re-sign him. I'd want someone on the sidelines ready to jump in rather than someone on the sidelines doing rehab.

17. heir

heir Active Member

232 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    I'd much rather draft Lynn Bowden jr in the 3rd or 4th. He would take Cobb's place in the slot and also handle punt returns.

18. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

15,948 Messages
    25,694 Likes Received
    I was disappointed we didn't go after JoJo Natson.

Only thing is, I don't really trust a rookie being the full time punt return.

Floatyworm likes this.
  19. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

21,056 Messages
    14,674 Likes Received
    I think this is likley. But I think you are going to see a WR taken in the first round of Lamb or the other top WR is there in the first. Too much value to pass on.

It is possible that a top OT will still be there when we draft and could be BPA there too.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

52,977 Messages
    20,861 Likes Received
    Exactly right BP. I'd say great minds but I know that mine is a few jelly beans short of a handful there so I'll just leave it at "Exactly Right".

;)

BrAinPaiNt likes this.