Do the Eagles have a QB controversy now?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Birds should trade Foles. Anytime Wentz has a bad game or stretch of games the fans will call for Foles. Plus his presence could create a divide in the locker room.

C42

Reaction score
You don’t trade the younger guy who was an MVP candidate and who is still on his rookie deal. That’s just crazy lol.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The Eagles "problems" are all problems everybody else wishes they had LOL.

Valorius

Reaction score
Nick Foles is currently the no1 rated passer in Eagles history, the No1 winningest playoff QB in Eagles history, and the no2 rated completion % passer in Eagles history. And he's the no1 rated all time NFL playoff passer in rating and completion %, ever. Throw in a superbowl MVP on top of all that.

As an Eagles fan, to me, he has earned the job.

I SUSPECT that what will happen is Wentz wont be ready for week 1, and Foles will start the season as the starter. If he plays really well, he'll keep the job. If he's just OK, or bad, Wentz will get the job back when he's ready. That has happened many, many times in NFL history, with the most recent example being Teddy Bridgewater/Sam Bradford/Case Keenum in Minnesota.

Valorius

Reaction score
I don't think they do. Because it's proven it is the system in place and not really the QB. So you trade Foles whom is older for a premium pick. Someone will do do it. You always go with the younger player at that position if both of them are close,.

I think is Foles is better and more poised than Wentz. Only thing he isn't as good is moving around in the pocket and extending plays. He is definitely more accurate.

Whatever Foles is worth in trade bait, Wentz is worth even more.

And it's not like Foles is old, he's only 29.

Valorius

Reaction score
I don't think you can bench the super bowl MVP without an open competition. The problem with trading Foles is that he was unable to duplicate his success in Philly anywhere else. So, whats the market for him really gonna be?.
That's actually not true. Foles numbers in KC were even better than his numbers in Philadelphia, which are among the best in team history.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's actually not true. Foles numbers in KC were even better than his numbers in Philadelphia, which are among the best in team history.

That is an absurd statement considering he only started 1 game for KC.

Valorius

Reaction score
Foles played in 3 games in KC, and started 1 (where he had a 105.7 rating).

My comment about "which were among the best in team history" is a reference to Foles Eagles stats. He is the Eagles all time leader in passer rating, playoff win%, and no2 all time in completion %.

If you remove StL from the mix, Foles would actually be the no2 rated passer in NFL history.