Do we all agree that this is a really good roster

ultron

Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

TE core - Top 10 (Schultz is a good TE and we can cut Jarwin to retain Schultz)

Oline - Top 5 (key pieces are getting up there in age)

Dline - Top 10 (this unit got significantly better from last year)

LB Core - Top 10* (best all around LB in the league)

DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Special teams - Top 5/10 (4 or 5 blocked punts is insane)

lqmac1

Reaction score
There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

I don’t think that’s on the coach(es) but you can have your own opinion on that. I’ve played in big games and if you have too, you probably know the feeling. The bigger the stage - the more you don’t want to make a mistake/fail/lose and it really magnifies if the other team gets a lead & that lead starts to build.

Nevertheless, the season is over and it is what it is. Here are my thoughts regarding the roster. You can critique it all you want, but Dak is a top 10 QB PERIOD. I’m not debating that with anyone because if you don’t think he’s a top 10 QB you’re just flat out wrong.

QB - Top 10

HB core - Top 10 (Pollard needs to take over primary duties - Zeke can block on 3rd down)

WR core - Top 5 (hope to retain Gallup or Wilson but we might draft a cheaper option)

DB Core - Top 15 (must keep Jayron & either draft a really good CB or hope Bossman develops into a really good #2 or maybe even a #1 - he certainly has the speed for it)

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

I have to disagree on HB, D line and O line.

HB - Until Pollard actually gets to start, I can name 10 running backs that are more efficient and I’d rather have over Zeke.

O line - Big names, but they haven’t performed up to par. They got beat like a drum for 5 sacks, mostly without Bosa. Martin is the only one that plays at an all pro level every week, second best lineman looked to be Steele if I’m honest.

D Line - They looked good because of Micah. We were handcuffed with playing him freely in the wildcard due to injuries and lack of depth we had at linebacker; The D line got 0 sacks. You cannot be a top D line when a linebacker has the most sacks on your team.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

No. Stats weren't enough to propel us through the playoffs.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
We have the best roster against the NFCE division....the problem comes when the Cowboys have to compete against Division 1 teams. Then we fall apart and become North Carolina A&T East College. Get my drift.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We have proven to be a top roster against the horrid NFC East. With all the draft capital the G Men, Iggles have accumulated let's see where we stand in the next two years

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

QB - Top 10

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

K- Replace immediately

Nope

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys look good on paper but the simple fact is, there are too many well payed players that are grossly underperforming.

Really, the only Cowboy matching the expectations of their 2nd contract is Zach Martin.

Lawrence, Elliott, Prescott, Collins and Tyron Smith have big contracts but small contributions to success. Yes, some of it is injury. However, mostly, it's a lack of intensity, focus, and effort.

In the end, the real problem is that the Cowboys front office may know how to identify talent but they don't know how to prioritize it, maximize it, and evaluate it's importance to the team and it's future. there is just too much wasted cap money and it's going to take years for these contracts to stop impacting the Cowboys.

Verdict

Reaction score
="ultron, post: 11678921, member: 39885"]There’s a lot of pressure to be a Dallas Cowboy and I think that pressure significantly increases when they get in the playoffs, and they tend to start big games way more nervous or I think tense might be the better word.

QB - Top 10

I would have said top 5 the first half of the season. The second half of the season says he’s not even top 10. If you judge him vs over .500 teams he has not played well at all and the sample size is getting larger and harder and harder to overlook.

No. Not even close. Pollard is a nice change of pace back. In his prime, Zeke was all world. But right now I would place our running game at middle of the pack at best and probably lower.

I don’t think so. First half of the season you have a pretty good argument for that. Hard to tell if you are right of not since Dak can’t read the field. I’ll say “incomplete” or “unknown” at this time.

Patently false. Schultz has a knack for the possession game but again these guys are middle of the pack at best.

False. The wheels are starting to come off of this once dominant OL. Martin is the only one that seems to have much currently and he looked mortal this year too. It is possible that coaching was a factor in the decline. But right now I would put this line at middle of the pack at best.

No. Just no. I don’t know where you are coming up with this at all. They CAN occasionally rush the QB against bad teams but wilt against the better OL.

Tank is an albatross. He needs to GO. I hope he has played his last game as. Cowboys. Gregory has skill but he is an idiot.

The interior guys can play SOME. They are good Rosario all pieces with upside. I’ll give you that much.

No. We have Parsons. That’s it. The rest are cheap placeholders.

IDK. I think these guys are maybe smoke and mirrors. I would trade Diggs while his stock is high. Hearse might be the best of the bunch. Should have drafted Humphrey over the rapper.

P- Top 5 (hope he stays)

I agree on this one.

K- Replace immediately

I agree on this one too.

Special teams - Top 5/10 (4 or 5 blocked punts is insane)They make me nervous, but I am
Willing to give you this one too. Might have something developing here.