Do we have the best o-line, corners and linebacking groups in all of football?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You can post it all you want to, but it’ll still be false.
Haha if you think the OL was great in 17 or 18 than you are wrong. You can say false all you want but I deal with facts not what your heart feels. Facts are injuries have kept this OL from being great, missing Frederick last season as well. You're wrong and I'm done here, good day

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, they are. You can’t blame Frederick for coming down with a disease, nor can you blame Smith for back problems. **** happens.

And that doesn’t absolve everyone else for their own struggles. That **** happened too.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Haha if you think the OL was great in 17 or 18 than you are wrong. You can say false all you want but I deal with facts not what your heart feels. Facts are injuries have kept this OL from being great, missing Frederick last season as well. You're wrong and I'm done here, good day
Reading comprehension is your friend. No where did I say it was great the last two years. I called you out when you said it “hasn’t been good at all”. Injuries and Fred’s illness did take a toll, but the line was not terrible like you were claiming.

blueblood70

Reaction score
One could argue.
Obviously our oline is top 3 with a chance to regain that number one spot with Frederick and we have depth.
I wouldn't swap our corners for anyone. Jones and Chido starting and Brown and Lewis could both start for more than half the league. Brown is super underrated!
Linebackers would be extremely tuff to find a better starting 3 with LVE, Smith and Lee.
Thoughts?
our corners are not even top five as DB backfield pretty low.. Oline maybe 5th in the league LB core well depends on the development but top 5 for sure..BEST none of the groups..no not IMO

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Reading comprehension is your friend. No where did I say it was great the last two years. I called you out when you said it “hasn’t been good at all”. Injuries and Fred’s illness did take a toll, but the line was not terrible like you were claiming.
Yes it was, the line wasn't good the past 2 years.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I would say the OL was terrible last season. Tackle play was particularly bad. Based on contracts and draft positions, the Dallas OL is one of the most overrated groups in football. Sad but true.
Injuries have been the main issue lately.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Most of what I read on this site is we have the best OL, best LBs, great CBs, top notch WR in Cooper, best RB in Zeke, and a top 10 QB in Dak.

All of that and we haven't been to an NFC championship game in almost a quarter century?

Nonsense. We have some good players, but mostly what we have is the most overrated collection of players in the league.

JayFord

Reaction score
Oline -no we’re right behind the eagles
Corners - as a whole no but top 5
Linebackers - without question yes

InTheZone

Reaction score
Not sure why people have a hard time saying facts when talking about their favorite players. It's so easy to jump on Dak or any player they dislike but goodness sake don't talk truth about a player they like......
I have no problems talking about zeke as I previously did. But twice now I'm getting deflection instead of an answer so I'm not sure how you can say what you said without looking in the mirror first.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We’ll agree to disagree, but three of our Oline were Pro Bowlers in 2017 and two were last year. I guess that’s terrible. LOL
Tyron missed multiple games and Martin was injured as well in both seasons. Last year the OL wasn't even close to being a top 10 unit and 17 they weren't his as well. You can look at probowl all you want but this OL hasn't been good the past 2 seasons and those are facts. An OL consist of 5 players not 2 or 3 by the way

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I have no problems talking about zeke as I previously did. But twice now I'm getting deflection instead of an answer so I'm not sure how you can say what you said without looking in the mirror first.
Answer to what question? I say it like I see it, I have called out Dak on bad throws and any other player. But I will also defend those same players when they have played well. So what's your question

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
One could argue.
Obviously our oline is top 3 with a chance to regain that number one spot with Frederick and we have depth.
I wouldn't swap our corners for anyone. Jones and Chido starting and Brown and Lewis could both start for more than half the league. Brown is super underrated!
Linebackers would be extremely tuff to find a better starting 3 with LVE, Smith and Lee.
Thoughts?

You're still seeing in your mind the 2016 line and it hasn't been that line the past 2 seasons.