Do you call Seattle?

Discussion in 'Roster Zone' started by lqmac1, Jan 17, 2022.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

3,529 Messages
    3,565 Likes Received
    And just see if they’re willing to do something with a Dak and Wilson trade?

Both teams would be taking large QB contracts on, but Wilson wants out. I believe he mentioned Dallas was his top trade destination to the Seahawks last off-season.

With his age, Pete Carroll probably isn’t looking for a rebuild and would still want to win now.

I can only imagine what Wilson would do with our weapons. He’s never had weapons like these in his career.

Fresh start for both QB’s perhaps?

2. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld 26 years of 26 years

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    26,978 Messages
    29,995 Likes Received
    Dak has a no trade clause

Jake likes this.
  3. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

3,529 Messages
    3,565 Likes Received
    Wow! I did not know that. He could sign off on it though couldn’t he?

4. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld 26 years of 26 years

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    26,978 Messages
    29,995 Likes Received
    It's moot because even if he didnt have a no trade, we would have to eat all of his guarantees. He isnt tradeable right now anyway you look at it

5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

41,813 Messages
    20,167 Likes Received
    Go check out Russell Wilson’s numbers this season. lol He appears to be on the decline. Had Dak put up those numbers everyone would be screaming. Plus Dak has a no trade clause. Despite Dak’s struggles the second half of the season he still had a great year.

Kingofholland likes this.
  6. goshann

goshann Well-Known Member

327 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    Yes I would

7. Adreme

Adreme Well-Known Member

2,346 Messages
    1,631 Likes Received
    No because it’s impossible. The cap situation makes a trade require cutting every single real contract just to get under the cap BEFORE accounting for Wilson’s salary so it is simply impossible.

8. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

11,316 Messages
    10,365 Likes Received
    Seattle isn't dumb enough to take Dak.

Risen Star likes this.
  9. charron

charron Well-Known Member

9,936 Messages
    10,449 Likes Received
    Dak is not tradeable. It's in his contract, no trade clause.

10. RomoplusDezEquals7

RomoplusDezEquals7 Well-Known Member

242 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    I think when I looked the Cowboys would have to eat 25 million this year to trade Dak. I don’t think the Seahawks would take on Daks contract though. He’s not worth it. You’d have to give up I’m guessing at least 2 firsts for them to take him on and give up Wilson. Maybe more.

11. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

12,181 Messages
    31,903 Likes Received
    We be stuck with Dak. Fun to be imaginative, but he is our QB next season. lol We just have to hope we can "rebuild" the Oline a bit and hope for the best.

12. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    22,226 Messages
    27,138 Likes Received
    If you were Seattle, would you want Dak and that contract?

13. TheMightyVanHalen

TheMightyVanHalen Well-Known Member

675 Messages
    1,227 Likes Received
    I read it here that Dak sucks and Russell is a HOFer, so why would the Seahawks trade away a HOFer for a QB that sucks?

14. StarOfGlory

StarOfGlory Well-Known Member

1,892 Messages
    1,804 Likes Received
    Howie Roseman loves Russell Wilson. Hurts was his pick because he thought Hurts would be the next Wilson. If the Eagles have a shot at getting him they will try.

15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    72,593 Messages
    151,668 Likes Received
    I don't think any team would take him with that contract.

16. Kingofholland

Kingofholland Well-Known Member

3,316 Messages
    3,226 Likes Received
    Maybe, this was his first non-winning season of his career which is hard to believe.

17. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

19,244 Messages
    17,745 Likes Received
    This is never going to happen. We're stuck with Dak for a couple more years and Zeke for 1 more season. It is what it is. Jerry loves Dak and McCarthy seems to like him a lot as well.

18. Jimbo69

Jimbo69 Well-Known Member

446 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Wilson plays in the NFC West. How did Dak do against the cards, 49s. Or recently against the Rams?

19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

41,813 Messages
    20,167 Likes Received
    It really doesn’t matter. I don’t care to replace Dak with a QB pushing 34 who could be on the decline. Seattle wouldn’t be looking to trade him and these rumors wouldn’t be swirling if he was still at the top of his game. The two Super Bowls he got to was mainly due to his defense. This isn’t to say he’s not a great player but he did have one hell of a defense.

20. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

3,529 Messages
    3,565 Likes Received
    I’m not one of the Dak haters, but I think there’s areas of concern.

I just don’t think he can beat these disguises the defenses are showing him. Also, he’s not the type of quarterback to throw receivers open.

I think the KM experiment needs to come to an end. We need to get a different OC and play caller in here who’s experienced and isn’t learning on the job like KM because it’s hindering Dak as well.

JustChip likes this.