Do you consider replacing Dak, if he looks average next season?

Big_D

Reaction score
If he looks average next season, do we replace him?

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?

A decision has to be made either way. My take is Jerry has him signed before the first game. I personally would wait til the season is over, see how things end up?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
#1 I think he signs an extension this offseason.

#2 I think what you saw over the last half of the season with Cooper will likely be norm.

#3 I think Prescott will benefit from a better offensive line performance in '19.

In other words I don't see him being "average" BUT if he does stink it up, then the Cowboys will have to look at drafting a QB high in the 2020 draft.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I say we look to dump him now. But I know many of you believe he's the next great thing. So do we stick with him or dump him after an average season next year?
A decision has to be made either way. My take is Jerry has him signed before the first game.
2nd contract money is elite money for all starting QBs in this league, rather your Elite or just average, doesn't matter.
I shutter to think about another all in on Romo era.

blueblood70

Reaction score

since when do you or us have say? oh you mean Hypothetically in the world of the internet where it doesnt matter..since there are 207 topics already started on the same subject DAK haters or supporters this is just an bother redundant thread..

WE CAN NOT MAKE CHANGES TO TEAM, Get over who the QB or Coach is or change Teams..its that simple..

We come here to discus somethings, I come to discus games, plays, and in the money type things but the threads on the same subject repeated over and over get bit mundane..if and when hes playing average or below , come back and complain..still wont help, who we replacing him with that is a cant miss better player then him will be the subject , say October 2019..see you there

Let me say now though he or Romo havent been the issue of us missing the NFCCG, they both played pretty dang good in all playoff appearances, most of the let downs are from OTHER Players like the Defense twice in row letting Aaron rogers back in the game, the defense nearly let Seatle come back, and the Defense let the rams roll over us like we were Allen coming in for a exhibition game..how about Patrick Crayton's horrible plays, I remember our HOF kicker in baily missing 2 kicks and in the same game critical fumble by Murray also..

this has not been a QB issue that we are mostly blaming for the playoff drought.so lets get rid of the defense the entire defense if they are playing average next year, how about that??lets cut any and all postion players that have one or two average to below average game..lets bring 3 kickers in every game and as soon as they feel they are playing average, cut those sumbiches..

you feel me? Dak got some growing to do as a 3rd year player picked in the 4th round that played 3 good playoff games but this ending to 2019 is NOT ON DAK>....:facepalm::huh:

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is simply too good to trade. He’s got hall of fame talent held back by his coaching staff.

He’s a career 35TD INT 5-8 Rushing TD type of guy.

Only mahomes or Dwayne Haskins The best college passer of all time are worth trading for.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's 6:42 pm my time. If I got the GM gig for the Cowboys right now, Dak Prescott would be released by 6:43 pm.
thats why you arent the GM and thank goodness..

Let me know when the 3-4 elite QBs come available for a price we can afford and then we can talk, anything short of that and 28 other teams are having similar issues..HOF GMS, coaches, and QBs dont just pop up on 1800dialasuperstar...this isn't Fanstasy land, there are slary caps, player limits to rosters, drafts are limited as well, and for sure you cant just load up with all the free agency and trade deadline rules..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats why you arent the GM and thank goodness..

Let me know when the 3-4 elite QBs come available for a price we can afford and then we can talk, anything short of that and 28 other teams are having similar issues..HOF GMS, coaches, and QBs dont just pop up on 1800dialasuperstar...this isn't Fanstasy land, there are slary caps, player limits to rosters, drafts are limited as well, and for sure you cant just load up with all the free agency and trade deadline rules..

Yes, I could never do as good of a job as those guys over the years.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
since when do you or us have say? oh you mean Hypothetically in the world of the internet where it doesnt matter..since there are 207 topics already started on the same subject DAK haters or supporters this is just an bother redundant thread..

WE CAN NOT MAKE CHANGES TO TEAM, Get over who the QB or Coach is or change Teams..its that simple..

We come here to discus somethings, I come to discus games, plays, and in the money type things but the threads on the same subject repeated over and over get bit mundane..if and when hes playing average or below , come back and complain..still wont help, who we replacing him with that is a cant miss better player then him will be the subject , say October 2019..see you there

Let me say now though he or Romo havent been the issue of us missing the NFCCG, they both played pretty dang good in all playoff appearances, most of the let downs are from OTHER Players like the Defense twice in row letting Aaron rogers back in the game, the defense nearly let Seatle come back, and the Defense let the rams roll over us like we were Allen coming in for a exhibition game..how about Patrick Crayton's horrible plays, I remember our HOF kicker in baily missing 2 kicks and in the same game critical fumble by Murray also..

this has not been a QB issue that we are mostly blaming for the playoff drought.so lets get rid of the defense the entire defense if they are playing average next year, how about that??lets cut any and all postion players that have one or two average to below average game..lets bring 3 kickers in every game and as soon as they feel they are playing average, cut those sumbiches..

you feel me? Dak got some growing to do as a 3rd year player picked in the 4th round that played 3 good playoff games but this ending to 2019 is NOT ON DAK>....:facepalm::huh:
This poster I quoted is fuming smh. Don't let the fuming make you get conveniently stupid because a lot of people will ignore the convenience part and just assume you're stupid period my man. Please don't do it good sir.