Do you double up at CB?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
You saw all that off one video, huh?

Amazing.

One video? I admittedly hadn't heard anything about him a couple of weeks ago when he started becoming a hot topic around here so I started looking him up quite a bit. Love his physicals, not sold on his ability to cover. He does show solid instincts in zone and he will absolutely thump you.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Starting to relook at Caleb Farley; there’s something to him. Really like his tenacity and ability to mirror the reciever. Talk is he’s supposed to be raw but I see a lot of natural ability come through in his play.

Ohhhhhh really?

It's not as if the biggest draft nerd on this site hasn't been telling you yahoos about him for 3 years now.

kskboys

Reaction score
One video? I admittedly hadn't heard anything about him a couple of weeks ago when he started becoming a hot topic around here so I started looking him up quite a bit. Love his physicals, not sold on his ability to cover. He does show solid instincts in zone and he will absolutely thump you.
We could use another Jeff Heath type, as long as he's not starting!!!

jnday

Reaction score
CBS taken in the top ten have a terrible bust rate. There is no shut down CBs in this draft and spending a top ten pick on anything less than a shut down CB would be a waste.

kskboys

Reaction score
CBS taken in the top ten have a terrible bust rate. There is no shut down CBs in this draft and spending a top ten pick on anything less than a shut down CB would be a waste.
Nice.

CB's have been so over-glorified since Bellychickens uttered the phrase "You can never have enough CB's" that teams and fans are grossly overrating the position on a regular basis. One of the strangest things I've ever seen.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Every position has a fairly high bust rate. You take guys in the first that are NFL athletes with high college production because you like your chances more.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Every position has a fairly high bust rate. You take guys in the first that are NFL athletes with high college production because you like your chances more.

It’s really a bunk theory anyways.

“Position X has a high bust rate...”

Really?

Compared to what? Players picked in rounds 2-7?

cnuball21

Reaction score
It’s really a bunk theory anyways.

“Position X has a high bust rate...”

Really?

Compared to what? Players picked in rounds 2-7?

Yea I don’t really get the argument. That’s why guys like Diggs are drafted in the 2nd and guys like Robinson are drafted in the 4th. Sure there are Sherman like finds late in the draft but if you have a gaping hole at CB you’re probably want to take someone earlier.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Scratch Jack Jones off the list. Originally at USC,but this moron got caught breaking into a Panda Express.

Dude is a clown, Jack Jack as they call him was a guy that would boast on every play at USC got personal fouls all the time and got kicked off the team for off the field issues. Dude got torched against USC week 1 of Pac 12 play.

kskboys

Reaction score
If you add in "and the skillset to succeed" I could agree w/ you.

Wood

Reaction score
No corner this year (or almost ever, really) is worth a top-10 pick. Especially not if you're picking around #5.

Agreed. NFL has changed and teams can more easily avoid shut down corners with multiple WR sets and lots of motion. CB doesn't carry same weight as it did lets say during Deion years. That doesn't mean you can get by with awful CB but they just need to be solid. That can be done after 1st round like we saw last year with Diggs in 2nd. This top 10 1st rounder has to be QB, LT or DT or trade back. I don't see that dominant DT this year and Dallas won't go DE with Tank monster contract on books. That means they either take QB or LT to replace Smith or trade back.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If you add in "and the skillset to succeed" I could agree w/ you.

Sure. We can wordsmith it however we want but the blueprint isn’t overly complicated.

The problem is teams try to get cute and overdraft players due to position or avoid talent due to scheme.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Agreed. NFL has changed and teams can more easily avoid shut down corners with multiple WR sets and lots of motion. CB doesn't carry same weight as it did lets say during Deion years. That doesn't mean you can get by with awful CB but they just need to be solid. That can be done after 1st round like we saw last year with Diggs in 2nd. This top 10 1st rounder has to be QB, LT or DT or trade back. I don't see that dominant DT this year and Dallas won't go DE with Tank monster contract on books. That means they either take QB or LT to replace Smith or trade back.
With there being a lot of QB needy teams and not as many available, I’d say current $ is on Dallas to trade down where you can take a top CB at 11-12 and pick up premium picks this year and next year

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn’t. I thought so, but it was Rashard Robinson.

I don’t know if they’re hiding Reggie for next year or if he just looks awful in practice but it’s odd.
Size/speed/length does a CB little good if he can't flip his hips.

Physically Reggie Robinson has terrific short area quickness and terrific ability to flip his hips.

His problem is terrible technique. He would constantly "bite" on the first move and completely flip his hips in that direction.

His terrific physical ability allowed him to get by with that in college because he was very quick to completely flip his hips back in the other direction; however, that won't work in the NFL.

Mid/late round picks with technique problems normally require a year before they're competitive in the NFL.

College coaches don't spend a lot of time trying to change the technique of their top players. College coaches have to spend their time on the weakest links with regards to starters.