Do you enjoy hype?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

26,682 Messages
    25,288 Likes Received
    What hype?

2. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

7,628 Messages
    4,719 Likes Received
    See the thread title...

3. Redline360

Redline360 Well-Known Member

1,443 Messages
    1,960 Likes Received
    Nope the Cowboys hype has been dead for a long time for me. Just media click bait

Every year cowboys get hyped to playoff / superbowl contender
    Every year the QB gets hyped or the defense or the OL or the LBs or the coaching

Every year we fail miserably

Just show us

4. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

10,115 Messages
    13,572 Likes Received
    I do not enjoy hearing from the Joneses at all when it comes to this team. All smoke and no substance. At this point, I do my best to just tune it out and trust my own thoughts on what I see and what I expect.

CouchCoach likes this.
  5. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

9,483 Messages
    11,203 Likes Received
    Media hype doesn't work out well with this organization.

The national media I should say. Every time the talking heads pump us up we seem to find a way to have a disastrous season.

They don't seem capable of building on success.

They have a good year, then the hype train is crazy for the following year.....then they stink it up, so no one expects much the following year....and they aren't so bad.

They can have a mulligan for last year......but MM was brought here to take this group to a level that Garrett could not and I fully expect that to happen....like NOW. We aren't in baby step building mode.

I refuse to be ok with 9-8 and call it progress just because they were so pathetic last year.

That would be right in line with Garrett taking over a team that won a playoff game the previous season and telling us about a "process" that we have to endure before we can get anywhere.

Oh, uh....hype? Yep. I'm a little hyped up!

Bobhaze likes this.
  6. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

5,609 Messages
    5,555 Likes Received
  7. Rockport

26,682 Messages
    25,288 Likes Received
    So what hype?

8. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

7,628 Messages
    4,719 Likes Received
    The post was about hype in general, didn't reference any hype in particular...

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  9. Rockport

26,682 Messages
    25,288 Likes Received
    No one can answer my question about what hype.

10. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

31,070 Messages
    54,164 Likes Received
    You do not have to buy the hype and if you decide to do so, don't accuse someone of selling it to you, you bought it.

And what's wrong with that? Don't you get up for a new movie, album from one of your favorite bands, new TV show, new restaurant in your food wheelhouse or anything else you want to look forward to experiencing?

You are not gullible, an easy sell or any negatives because you want to get excited. Give yourself a break.

Damn, let's not beat ourselves up. Wasn't the anticipation of Christmas morning greater than the actual event. when you were young? People focus too much on the disappointment if it's not what they anticipated. What about all of that time spent in anticipation, was that just wasted?

I think there are a hell of a lot more posters here that are jazzed and feeling good than they want to let on about among the "Sam the Eagle's" of the forum.

Been a tough year, you need some joy, you deserve to feel positive about something. If you were too optimistic, that's OK. Be as happy as you can be now, do not put that off to a future time that may not come.

Don't over think it, you are a FAN and you are allowed to be a little wacky because it's all emotion. This is supposed to be fun.

Bobhaze likes this.
  11. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    3,435 Likes Received
    25 years of hype tends to diminish it greatly and I don’t buy into any of it. Do something on the field to merit it other wise it is just white noise

Bobhaze likes this.
  12. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

2,228 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    -----even after this many years I have not lost hope

Wish I could say the same....until Booger and Chuckles are both out of the picture, there is VERY LITTLE hope!!!

13. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

8,788 Messages
    27,791 Likes Received
    Maybe you could write a song to that effect, lol.

Aviano90 likes this.
  14. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

8,788 Messages
    27,791 Likes Received
    Agreed. One sign of a complete lack of accountability at the top of this organization is the shameless sales job they throw out every year. They can’t just let their actions talk.

jnday likes this.
  15. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

3,209 Messages
    4,157 Likes Received
    Don't care about hype in the least. Unfortunately you typically have to wade through some hype to get the information you seek. So I tolerate it in the name of getting knowledge about my favorite team.

jnday and Bobhaze like this.
  16. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

10,676 Messages
    7,415 Likes Received
    Get tired of it, let your play on the field speak for itself

jnday and Bobhaze like this.
  17. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

6,786 Messages
    7,163 Likes Received
    I have a love/hate thing with the hype. IMHO, there’s different levels of hype, both positive and negative. While I lean toward the positive, extremes on either side are the most annoying and detrimental to genuine fandom, and it’s all connected to money.

Take the “America’s Team” label. While I’m kinda proud because of its orgins, the team’s history and tradition, the whole largest fanbase and most valuable franchise thing, frankly, I only pull out the label when some snarky ABD goes on the attack. Otherwise, stay humble, enjoy the games and remain positive and hopeful. Have fun!

18. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

2,865 Messages
    3,689 Likes Received
    Exaggerated may not be the right word. But pretty much everything right now is hype. All the, "player X has been looking really good," stuff is completely meaningless until they put on pads and actually play some football. Sure, fans want to hear good things, but it should all be taken with a grain of salt.

ESisback and Bobhaze like this.
  19. foofighters

foofighters Well-Known Member

3,001 Messages
    4,701 Likes Received
    It's the typical approach of the media every year because it's proven to get them noticed. Beginning of the year, the Cowboys are hyped up. The homers get all excited and click articles. The haters get all excited and click articles. Then during halfway through the season and the Cowboys show they were nothing more than paper champions, the media starts their hate and the homers get all excited and click articles. The haters get all excited and click articles. There is nothing more predictable than those that love and hate the Cowboys.

Bobhaze likes this.
  20. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

6,786 Messages
    7,163 Likes Received
    I agree! Negative stuff too!

Haimerej likes this.