Do You Have A Diet Plan and Workout That You Do?

timb2

Reaction score
I was curious if some of you are health nuts like me?

My diet is real strict, I only drink water or protein shakes(primarily Muscle Milk)

My foods that I like are...

Meats for protein(no fried foods)
Salmon
Tuna
Chicken
Turkey

Salads maybe atleast 5 times a week(only grilled chicken included)
Fruits maybe 4 times a week(bananas,blueberries,plums,sometimes apples)
Vegetables maybe 5 times(most all vegetables)
Rice instead of bread
Nuts-Eat lots of almonds because even though a fat it is a good fat and almonds make you not hungry to over eat.

Exercise Routine
Weight room atleast 6 times a week for atleast 2 hours

Cardio-Eliptical machine try to burn atleast 500 calories a day

Yoga stretches atleast 3 times a week

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’m an old fart but was trained in physical fitness in many ways during my 21 yr career in the Marines. My experience in PT is that you have to find something that you really enjoy otherwise you’ll never continue throughout your life. If you try a regime like you’ve listed, your doomed to failure because you’re going to get in a rut and life circumstances will derail you. I’ve seen it over and over and over again. People all gung ho with your type of regime and it never lasts. Find something you really enjoy. Same goes for a specific diet. They NEVER work. Check out “Younger Next Year” (or something like that) on Amazon. It’s a good guide to eating healthy and exercise.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

My diet is real strict, I only drink water or protein shakes(primarily Muscle Milk)

Salmon
Tuna
Chicken
Turkey

Rice instead of bread
Nuts-Eat lots of almonds because even though a fat it is a good fat and almonds make you not hungry to over eat.

Exercise Routine

The most important thing is that you are motivated about your health. That’s the winner right there. Experiment, research and you’ll figure it out over time. Just don’t pin yourself down to a drudgery of a workout. Same with diet. You can eat healthy and still enjoy the bad ****. It’s all about moderation. You’ve got the right attitude so I think you’ll be fine

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Other than switching to Coke Zero months ago? No...in fact I’m about to dig into a box of junior mints here in a minute. And for dinner...BBQ pork ribs and braised vegetables. I started eating at my high end local super market last week...and it’s gooodie fat food,and alll the fixings. Even has a full salad and soup bar...and desert? Whoa....put it this way. I’m going to be spending a lot of dough there. Now I know why all the females working behind the counter are heavy set ladies. But I do light exercise,and my metabolism is super fast. I never gain a lot of weight.

Last edited:

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Wife and I jog/walk 3 miles five days a week weather permitting. I’m an old goat so 3 miles is enough. We hardly eat fast food. She loves to cook so lots of home cooking. We eat lots of salad n fruit. Moderation is right.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Salmon
Tuna
Chicken
Turkey

Rice instead of bread

Exercise Routine

timmy, you made me tired just reading this.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am far too busy with my hedonistic lifestyle and goal to be a "before" photo to entertain a diet or exercise program. But there are some things I do to max out my metabolic rate and keep myself ship shape, pointy on each end and wide in the middle.

I go the long way, around the back of the couch, on my way to the pantry and frig.
I make separate trips for food and beverage, this doubles the steps.
I buy the larger containers of beverage and food to get an upper body workout and get my squats in by keeping the cases of beer on the floor.
I make sure to alternate my cocktail shaker arm so I don't get too buff in one arm.
I try not to cross my feet when sitting as this restricts blood flow and can elevate the blood pressure.
I printed the last article on the advantages of alcohol consumption and imbibers live longer than teetotalers and will not read another. This keeps the confusion level down.
I do not understand or embrace the term "comfort food", all food is comforting. I do, however, embrace the term "comfort cocktails".

Actually, I was discussing this just the other day with Otis., I told him we're out of shape and need to get on an exercise program and I need to ration martinis and he needs to back off on the beer. I thought by his lack of response that he was in agreement until I found him on my chest in the middle of the night attempting to suck the breath out of me. So, we've shelved that idea for now.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score

Salmon
Tuna
Chicken
Turkey

Rice instead of bread

Exercise Routine

Honestly, it seems like you could eat anything you wanted considering the amount of exercise you put in. Maybe I'm wrong.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I’m an old fart but was trained in physical fitness in many ways during my 21 yr career in the Marines. My experience in PT is that you have to find something that you really enjoy otherwise you’ll never continue throughout your life. If you try a regime like you’ve listed, your doomed to failure because you’re going to get in a rut and life circumstances will derail you. I’ve seen it over and over and over again. People all gung ho with your type of regime and it never lasts. Find something you really enjoy. Same goes for a specific diet. They NEVER work. Check out “Younger Next Year” (or something like that) on Amazon. It’s a good guide to eating healthy and exercise.
Thank you for your service. It is much appreciated.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I bike about 9 miles 5-6 days a week
Walk about 3-5 miles everyday
100 push-ups every other day
Eat salads, fruits, and vegetables for lunch

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I like walking/running outdoors. I try to walk 5 miles a day with some light running included. I only eat once a day usually at night. I noticed on days if/when i don't walk i actually feel more pain in low back etc etc.