CZ POLL Do you like the hiring of Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

Do you like the hiring of Mike McCarthy as head coach of the Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bysbox1

Reaction score
I'm generally fine with it. He's probably the most viable flashy name out there outside of Urban Meyer, and I think the Joneses didn't like the fact that Meyer had no NFL coaching experience. The other flashy coaches with NFL experience have been out of football for years. And elevating the coordinator route is no guarantee either.

I know there are others here who feel he should have won more with Favre and Rodgers in GB but unless you're Bellichek/Brady it's really hard to get to the Super Bowl year in year out. There are a lot of coaches with only 1 SB win.

He's a major upgrade over Garrett and it seems he has learned from his GB experience, so let's see what he does.

Fmart322

Reaction score
There should be 5 choices.
1. Love it
2. Like it
3. Average at best
4. Disappointed
5. Hate it

Or the face chart that goes from a big smile to a huge frown they have in doctors offices.

Western

Reaction score
Older retreaded head coaches can become stale & outdated in their coaching management.
However, Tom Coughlin got fired in Jacksonville in 2002, took time away, then became a successful Superbowl winning HC with the Giants in 2004.

Complete command/authority of the locker room, instilling fear on a roster, & assembling a coaching staff (especially with the meddling Jerry) is a must.
Wait and see.

Last edited:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McCarthy kinda reminds me of the Zack Martin pick. It was a meh but safe pick. Look how that turned out.

3rd time I have read it heard this today. I can buy that. Highest floor available.

flosho

Reaction score
It doesn't send shockwaves of excitement through my body, but it's still better than Garrett.

Give him 3 years to make a NFC Championship game appearance and then move on!

CB61

Reaction score
At this point I'm a no and I voted as such but I'm open to him changing my mind that article I read yesterday bothered me a little bit now that could have been mostly because of Aaron Rodgers he's a self-centered twit but the missing meetings not caring about the defense? Big?

zerofill

Reaction score
Not really for it...but whatever...
I think he is timid like Garrett... I would rather have an a__hole as a coach with these wussy punks we have.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
With the news fresh in our minds, I thought it would be good to do an initial reaction check with everyone.

As usual, I do not provide an easy-way-out option in the polls.

Either vote or you have no opinion! :D

Hey Reality...I think we needed a third option. We'll let you know this time next year;)

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Not sure.

Won't know until I see what kind of team is on the field come opening Day.

Until then, who knows.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have an objective coach now. This will lead to many positive changes and will expose a lot of weak links. I haven't been this excited about our team in a long time.

right with ya on this

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Nope. But the reality is we are never going to see another Jimmy Johnson here. So understanding who the owner is, I guess I just have to be happy Garrett is gone and we don't have Jeff Fisher or Marvin Lewis as HC.

Jimmy couldn't coach in the league now a days anyhow. Those type of coaches are gone. There may be some hybrids now, but, that's it.

Also, someone please tell me again how many Super Bowls Jimmy won with the Dolphins? Playoff wins? What was his winning percentage at Miami? 55.3%?

Face it. The early 90's Cowboys was lightning in a bottle. Jimmy didn't do jack after Dallas. Was it Jimmy's "coaching"? Or was it the deals he made, while Jerry wasn't involved so much? It was the deals. And, when those deals weren't around in Miami. It kind of showed how much of a coach Jimmy was.

visionary

Reaction score
With the news fresh in our minds, I thought it would be good to do an initial reaction check with everyone.

As usual, I do not provide an easy-way-out option in the polls.

Either vote or you have no opinion! :D

I hate you for not giving me an out
I like the hiring but it is ‘meh’
Hopefully it turns out to be good for us
I’m hoping that given everything Rodgers said about him, he will be motivated
Wait and see
:D

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I said no. We could've done better but it could've been worse. Ask me again when he gets his staff in place. That could change things a lot.

But for now.....

giphy.gif

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate you for not giving me an out
I like the hiring but it is ‘meh’
Hopefully it turns out to be good for us
I’m hoping that given everything Rodgers said about him, he will be motivated
Wait and see
Online User Psychology 101 .. when given a chance, most people will take the "maybe, maybe not, not sure, we'll see" option on polls.

Those types of options really dilute the poll value by encouraging users to not take a stance so they can say they voted either way in the future while being able to attack the ones who voted the wrong way then as well.

This way, people either go on record or they don't. It's still their choice :D

visionary

Reaction score
Online User Psychology 101 .. when given a chance, most people will take the "maybe, maybe not, not sure, we'll see" option on polls.

Those types of options really dilute the poll value by encouraging users to not take a stance so they can say they voted either way in the future while being able to attack the ones who voted the wrong way then as well.

This way, people either go on record or they don't. It's still their choice :D

well, I gave my opinion but didn’t vote

Status
Not open for further replies.