Do you prefer the Cowboys be flashy and loud, or blue-collar and quiet?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
As we all know, the Cowboys have always had a reputation for being Hollywood-ish. Loudmouthed in the 1990s, Jimmy guaranteeing victory over San Fran, the debauchery, glamor, ratings, media hype, etc.

I suspect many of us here are San Antonio Spurs fans too like I am, and they are the polar opposite of the Cowboys - a low key, well disciplined, blue collar, quiet but highly successful team (until recently.) Generally, I prefer the blue-collar type and dislike flash and hype. But the Cowboys brand is fundamentally high-profile and attention-grabbing.

So, if you could choose, would you rather the Cowboys be glamorous and loud, or low-key?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As we all know, the Cowboys have always had a reputation for being Hollywood-ish. Loudmouthed in the 1990s, Jimmy guaranteeing victory over San Fran, the debauchery, glamor, ratings, media hype, etc.

I suspect many of us here are San Antonio Spurs fans too like I am, and they are the polar opposite of the Cowboys - a low key, well disciplined, blue collar, quiet but highly successful team (until recently.) Generally, I prefer the blue-collar type and dislike flash and hype. But the Cowboys brand is fundamentally high-profile and attention-grabbing.

So, if you could choose, would you rather the Cowboys be glamorous and loud, or low-key?

They were both in 92 & 93.

Externally they were brash with Mike Irvin leading the way, however...
- They had a blue collar work ethic.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I like them flashy. The game is second to flash. I like going to a game and watching a dance club breakout. I love the self-promoting crap. I wish the center would jump up and down every time they hand the ball to the quarterback. Or the long snapper running down into the end zone pounding his chest from a long snap. Why can't we let the kicker celebrate a long kick that goes out of the end zone? why can't he run down pound his chest three times and point to the skies while doing a special ed dance? why do they even play football, why can't they just come out and have a dance-off or some sign-off for the win?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Ill take Blue Collar every time

Toro9

Reaction score
As much as I dislike gaudy play, I'd probably be okay with it, as long as they can back it up.

75boyz

Reaction score
I believe Barry Sanders was trying to please his pops because he was always told Jim Brown was the best and a story emerged I think.
Something about when ya score a touchdown act like you've been there before.

I always loved how Barry casually tossed the ball back to the refs after scoring a TD. No matter how many defenders ankles he broke getting to the endzone, lol

Humility by athletes is refreshing.

Especially in this me first society we live in nowadays.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Silver items can be considered flashy.
Blue items can be considered calming.
This is actually a Silver or Blue question?

Blue 100%. Blue. Blue. Blue.
I want the players to be....I just came here so I wouldn't be fined, blue.

remdak

Reaction score
I want them to be like a mullet - business in the front, party in the back

HungryLion

Reaction score
I honestly don’t care if they’re sneaking out of the team hotel and partying and banging hookers the night before games.

Nor do I care if they’re low key reading their bible Saturdays and having brunch with the in laws on Sundays before the game.

Just win.

mrmojo

Reaction score
They were both in 92 & 93.

Externally they were brash with Mike Irvin leading the way, however...
- They had a blue collar work ethic.
This.....those were tough blue collar teams that happened to play with a confidence bordering on arrogance. Rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but I didn't care because they won......bottom line.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This.....those were tough blue collar teams that happened to play with a confidence bordering on arrogance. Rubbed a lot of people the wrong way but I didn't care because they won......bottom line.

Michael Irvin was about as flashy as a player could be. He also would practice so hard he would literally puke on the field and keep practicing. Nobody can say he didn’t work hard. Despite the flashiness and off field troubles.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Michael Irvin was about as flashy as a player could be. He also would practice so hard he would literally puke on the field and keep practicing. Nobody can say he didn’t work hard. Despite the flashiness and off field troubles.

He was puking on the field because he was burning off a bottle of gin and a few bumps from the night before. :muttley:

Just kidding, loves me some 88. Bottom line, whatever style you want, just win baby.