Do you realize this team has the best talent since 1995?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We say this literally every year.

I hope so, God I hope so, but I'm refusing to take the bait again this year until I see results in January.

I am in the same boat every year I keep saying is this the year. It’s different this year, we finally have a coaching staff that will get things done. The circus of Garrett, Richard, and Marinelli are long gone. We can actually use the players we have on D to play to their strengths not asking them to play schemes they are not capable of playing. With our outstanding draft this team will be a threat!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Also, I like the 2014 team, but the defense played way over their head and wasn’t very good at all. Romo was great that year, but I think the 2007 team was better, especially with a healthy Terry Glenn
2007 team was better overall especially on defense.

But 2014 was Romo’s most effective season with Murray leading the league in rushing. That was a championship caliber offense without a defense.

An offense that without Murray’s fumble and Dez no call gets us to our 1st championship appearance this era changing our course in history.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Has the talent to be the best team Dallas has put on a field since 1995.

I know there are a lot of ifs, but if you are a glass half full kind of guy this is exciting

Call it Homer.....Don't care, this team is good.

I talked about this last year. Our players are so over hyped because they are on the Cowboys. They are seen on national games and talked about far more than any other team in the NFL year in and year out.

All of the sudden Dak is the best deep ball thrower in the NFL? All of the sudden Dak is in the pre season conversation for MVP?
Dont believe the hype. Other teams have talent also, and in a cap league, the differences are razor thin.
Weve been hearing how our Oline is the best in football for 5 years now. In 2014, Id have said yes.... but since then, really? Hype machine baby, hype.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't think so. Losing Frederick and Jones is huge. The HOF TE is gone. Tyron's back is another year older. The OL that was once absolutely dominant isn't there anymore. We don't know what will happen with LVE.

The team is still talented but it's not to the 2016 level IMO.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are very talented at WR and RB. And if healthy, OL.

On defense only perineal Pro Bowler returning is Lawrence.

We have some talented pieces which draw attention. Definitely playoff potential. Championship caliber is quite another discussion.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I don't think so. Losing Frederick and Jones is huge. The HOF TE is gone. Tyron's back is another year older. The OL that was once absolutely dominant isn't there anymore. We don't know what will happen with LVE.

The HOF TE was Done.. I love his effort too, but he was done. If you are piling on to make a point, you can take this one out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yea, we saw what the effects were losing Frederick in 2017. I’m not sold this OL is the dominant force it once was.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I talked about this last year. Our players are so over hyped because they are on the Cowboys. They are seen on national games and talked about far more than any other team in the NFL year in and year out.

All of the sudden Dak is the best deep ball thrower in the NFL? All of the sudden Dak is in the pre season conversation for MVP?
Dont believe the hype. Other teams have talent also, and in a cap league, the differences are razor thin.
Weve been hearing how our Oline is the best in football for 5 years now. In 2014, Id have said yes.... but since then, really? Hype machine baby, hype.
Over hype is a great description . I imagine we look very attractive to Fantasy Fans too. Our offensive key positions could put up some big numbers.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
This team is top 10 period. Guess what? Dallas has a coaching staff now. For real.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The HOF TE was Done.. I love his effort too, but he was done. If you are piling on to make a point, you can take this one out.
I wasn't just talking about last year. I was talking about the vast majority of the Garrett era (before Witten retired) when he was still excellent.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Over hype is a great description . I imagine we look very attractive to Fantasy Fans too. Our offensive key positions could put up some big numbers.
when is the last time you saw a corner back that makes no game changing plays be viewed as one of the best in the league? DBs intercept balls, they cause turnovers, to be viewed as the best in the game. How many picks did Byron Jones have in his entire Cowboys run? I cant remember him making 1 play... not ONE PLAY that I jumped up off the chair for. He followed people and swatted balls. Ok, he was good... but top cover man in the game in 1 season??? Cmon.... HYPE.

Just looked. He played 5 seasons and he had 2 Interceptions. TWO.... cmon, and you telling me he was a top 3 CB in the NFL? Hell, you play that many games, you should have two just from balls that bounced off someones helmet and into your hands.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am ready for some OTA's and news. Even if they are just out running around, 6 feet apart.
They could easily have the offense and defense running some form of drills.
Run them and get them in shape. Maybe no hamstring problems this year. Lol.

cowboygo

Reaction score
This team is top 10 period. Guess what? Dallas has a coaching staff now. For real.
Yes we do have a top 10 team. Theres also on paper a lot of other teams that are stacked that I would rank above us. Saints, Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers are clearly superior IMO. Other teams improved as well. Its not gonna be easy, but I like our chances since we aren't facing a 1st place schedule. The 1st place schedule was something Garrett could never overcome.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Yes we do have a top 10 team. Theres also on paper a lot of other teams that are stacked that I would rank above us. Saints, Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers are clearly superior IMO. Other teams improved as well. Its not gonna be easy, but I like our chances since we aren't facing a 1st place schedule. The 1st place schedule was something Garrett could never overcome.
That's a very fair assessment. Dallas still has a player in the game. Thanks.:thumbup:

sean10mm

Reaction score
Cowboys fans here constantly overrate the talent of the roster. Every off-season they're the champs in waiting. Too much ESPN and not enough critical thinking.

You'd think folks would notice the pattern of it not translating to playoff success at some point.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
:hammer:

That's what it's all going to come down to.

Overall, in comparison to the rest of the league, the Cowboys undeniably have the player talent to compete with anybody. But like always, it will come down to how well the coaching staff is able to utilize that talent. The last one clearly wasn't but I'm hopeful and optimistic that the current one will be. Having said that, the current conditions don't help a team undergoing such significant changes.
Got to agree. Can the players execute the new system being put in place?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys fans here constantly overrate the talent of the roster. Every off-season they're the champs in waiting. Too much ESPN and not enough critical thinking.

You'd think folks would notice the pattern of it not translating to playoff success at some point.
It’s very common for fans to over hype or evaluate their own players. Much like we do our own kids or loved ones. Our hearts often override our minds.