Do you realize this team has the best talent since 1995?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
The battle cry of the blind homer. Appears every spring. Disappears around Thanksgiving along with the poster.
that's probably a good guess in some cases. I've been here over 10years and i never have gone away. I keep licking the wounds.

Silverstar

Reaction score
The Cowboys are currently an average non-playoff team.
An 8-8 team is what they have become.
There's only one thing that can make it better and that's a 9th win.

9+ wins should always be the first goal..a winning season
Winning division title is next
Winning homefield advantage is next
Winning the Divisional playoff game is next
Winning the NFCCG is next
Winning the SB

Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat until the NFL is no longer

:oldcouple:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GlenTe00.htm

You are thinking about 2006 instead of 2007. I had to check the stats because you sounded pretty sure, but I remember being on this board back in 2007 and some of us hoping that Glen would overcome his injury, because that team would've been even more awesome if we had him. Anyway, looking at the 2007 stats, Glenn literally wasn't there as far as production.

yup, you are correct. overall i still think the 07' team was better, but obviously Glenn should not be included in that.

75boyz

Reaction score
Call me when we can say that on paper the team should have no chance but all they ever do is win.

Good call. Won't happen in this lifetime and anywhere near Frisco, TX . For that matter, since the Dynamic Duo has now split up, it may not happen in that far eastern Boston town either anymore.
Just a guess.

plasticman

Reaction score
The 2007 team had 11 Pro Bowlers and 3 1st team All Pros. They were 13-3 and had a 5 game winning streak and a 7 games winning streak that season.

That was their year. That was the one they should have had. But with 15 seconds left in the divisional round on the Giant's 23 yard line Romo threw an INT into the endone and it was over....the most disappointing loss since the 1981 NFC championship and "the Catch".

They had a stout young 3-4 defense with both OLB's Pro bowlers. Three out of four DB's including both safeties were Pro Bowlers. Three offensive linemen in the Pro Bowl. A WR and the TE 1st team All Pros. Romo was a Pro Bowler. Started the season 5-0 and 12-1.

And they lost to the wildcard Giants who they had beaten twice in the regular season by double digits.

Over a hundred more in total yards. 13 more minutes in time of possession.

In the final four minutes the Cowboys on the Giant 41 down by 4 and Romo gets intentional grounding.

Penalties at all the wrong times. It was terrible.

But on paper this team had everything.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Keep in mind that not only did the 2007 Cowboys loss to the eventual SB champs, the Giants, but even the next season, 2008, Brady misses all but week 1.

That was our window

quickccc

Reaction score
We say this literally every year.

I hope so, God I hope so, but I'm refusing to take the bait again this year until I see results in January.

yeh it's looking good ON PAPER .... but we need see this familiar names and faces translate that ability and team chemistry into high team production.

This could be like that Houston Oilers that boasted 10-11 pro bowlers on both sides of the ball..but always found a way to falter either in regular season
or playoffs. Much like we seem do here regularly as well. :confused:

Adreme

Reaction score
If we are calling this the best talent since 1995, then that is an indictment of the talent on this team the past quarter century because this is not one of the top 3 most talented rosters in football.

Johnny23

Reaction score
The intangibles matter in football. This team doesn't belong in the same breath as the 1995 team nor any from their run from 1991-1996 winning big time come the postseason.

Big_D

Reaction score
Quality coach, great draft, probably the smartest this front office has been since 94. atm they don’t compare, but can they achieve it? Get the D working, turnovers etc. and this offense should be hard to keep up with. Over the next 5 year window this team could make some noise. Should be interesting.

Batman1980

Reaction score
yeh it's looking good ON PAPER .... but we need see this familiar names and faces translate that ability and team chemistry into high team production.

This could be like that Houston Oilers that boasted 10-11 pro bowlers on both sides of the ball..but always found a way to falter either in regular season
or playoffs. Much like we seem do here regularly as well. :confused:

Thankfully the albatross that was the clapping moron is now someone else's problem.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Has the talent to be the best team Dallas has put on a field since 1995.

I know there are a lot of ifs, but if you are a glass half full kind of guy this is exciting

Call it Homer.....Don't care, this team is good.
Impossible to know.

Is Jerrah paying you to say this?

That smooth SOB that Jerrah.

We all start getting excited before the first coin toss than they play the games.

Then reality sets in and we are 3-5 and needing to run the table to make the playoffs wishing Philly coughs a hairball.

This is still the same old over-hyped team with hole everywhere.

CB, safety, center, TE, DE and LBer.

Talented?

Full of cracks and leaks and zzz noises going down the road.

Whatever floats your boat.

I would wait until they actually play a game together before warming up the emoticons.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Groceries mean nothing if the chef is lousy, so that is what i am keeping my eye on. Coaching.

75boyz

Reaction score
The 2007 team had 11 Pro Bowlers and 3 1st team All Pros. They were 13-3 and had a 5 game winning streak and a 7 games winning streak that season.

That was their year. That was the one they should have had. But with 15 seconds left in the divisional round on the Giant's 23 yard line Romo threw an INT into the endone and it was over....the most disappointing loss since the 1981 NFC championship and "the Catch".

They had a stout young 3-4 defense with both OLB's Pro bowlers. Three out of four DB's including both safeties were Pro Bowlers. Three offensive linemen in the Pro Bowl. A WR and the TE 1st team All Pros. Romo was a Pro Bowler. Started the season 5-0 and 12-1.

And they lost to the wildcard Giants who they had beaten twice in the regular season by double digits.

Over a hundred more in total yards. 13 more minutes in time of possession.

In the final four minutes the Cowboys on the Giant 41 down by 4 and Romo gets intentional grounding.

Penalties at all the wrong times. It was terrible.

But on paper this team had everything.

I recommend the OP read your post here. All of it. '07 has been my most enjoyable season for all the reasons you describe. I appreciate you re affirming my own personal bias as to what Cowboys team has been the best since those glory years. However painful that playoff loss was, that regular season was and still is my favorite team by a long shot. Thanks again for the memories you shared here although the ending was indeed bittersweet.

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
off season champ might not end up making the playoff
Talent wise yes. Making it happen comes to to the coaching staff, players buy in , luck, Injuries and direction. That's a lot. This team has a real shot and any one of those variables can make my statement look silly.

It's life.;)