Do you really pay Cooper?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Cooper is injured. Yes you try to retain him.

Dude is gutting it out on one leg. If you don't believe the injuries are chronic you sign him.

In reality they probably use the franchise and transition tags to run it back.

Isn't everyone happy we paid Zeke?

Redline360

Reaction score
Cooper will always have those dropped passes. He's been hurt for the majority of the season and you can tell in his facial expressions hes over the coaching staff or dak leading him into unnecessary big hits

He doesnt warrant top dollar. See what we offer first

Chris

Reaction score
It's going to be hard to pay everyone with Dak wanting $40 million a season.

I've read he already makes $50 million in endorsements. Very selfish demand.

When Dez went down we had a wide receiver by committee and it worked out great...

Why is he selfish? You get the most money you can. It's the GM's job to balance the books.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Why is he selfish? You get the most money you can. It's the GM's job to balance the books.

It's your job to be a good teammate and take a team-friendly deal if you're already making plenty of money and endorsements. Don't pass the buck to someone else to figure out when you can do your part.

That's what Tom Brady does and look how competitive they are every year.

leeblair

Reaction score
It’s going to cost 18-20 million a year? I know we gave a 1st round pick. But , him taking himself out of the game on 4th downs , pouting, going half speed etc...I mean I wonder if we just draft the best WR round 1 instead.
Cooper probably can't wait to leave Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s going to cost 18-20 million a year? I know we gave a 1st round pick. But , him taking himself out of the game on 4th downs , pouting, going half speed etc...I mean I wonder if we just draft the best WR round 1 instead.

I put the transition tag on him and the franchise tag on Prescott and give the new coach a chance to figure out if he wants either long term.

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely not.

dfense

Reaction score
It's almost as if Amari can see the forest through the trees. Dak ain't the guy for him to shine. He probably wants out.

kskboys

Reaction score
There was a time when the idea of not paying him seemed insane considering we gave up a 1 but now..... It almost seems like paying him would be making another mistake.
I think it would be a huge mistake.

remdak

Reaction score
According to Broaddus, people he trusts on the Cowboys staff say Amari is healthy. Just relaying his comments. He certainly doesn't have any reason to suck up to Cowboys management any longer.

KingRah

Reaction score
If he can make dak look solid, he's worth having. He 'll finish with around 1200 receiving yards even though Dak misses him twice a game every game. He also has about 20 catches that he had to stop and contort his body to catch. he easily should've had 200 more yards.

Wood

Reaction score

Out of Dak and Cooper, I actually think its Cooper who gets resigned. He actually has elite talent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is the type of thinking that made a 7-9 team one of the highest paid in the league. Anyone putting themselves before the team is on the first bus out of here.
You think that’s why we are 7-9 lol? You haven’t been paying attention then. Coaches. GM.

Wood

Reaction score
It's going to be hard to pay everyone with Dak wanting $40 million a season.

I've read he already makes $50 million in endorsements. Very selfish demand.

When Dez went down we had a wide receiver by committee and it worked out great...

Dak is absolutely not getting $40 million. This team went 1-4 during most important stretch and his inaccuracy is still major problem.

starcity214

Reaction score
Nope, he is soft and disappears when they need him the most.

I am starting to think paying WRs is a big mistake in this league.

But with this QB, do you really want Gallup and a rookie as our starters? Cooper with Wentz/Daniel Jones (Both those teams need WR) would be lethal are you willing to let him walk?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
But with this QB, do you really want Gallup and a rookie as our starters? Cooper with Wentz/Daniel Jones (Both those teams need WR) would be lethal are you willing to let him walk?

Not really, but don't wanna pay a guy who disappears every road game $20 million a season either.

Rather see them pick up someone in FA and or the draft.