Do you Still have Faith in McCarthy?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike Nolan is a hot mess. There is a reason he was in broadcasting and not coaching. I would love to elevate Jim Tomsula to that position and let him run the entire D. If we go down, I want it to be with him at the helm, not an overrated never was.

75boyz

Reaction score
It’s hard to say. We haven’t had a proper offseason. If this were a normal season and we came out like this, then yes, so it would be a bummer.

but it’s really not fair IMO to judge MM this year

This might sound different but the pandemic thing, the no preseason, the no training camp is why I hold him more accountable.

In fact I thought it would tilt the odds more in his favor honestly.

If he is a Super Bowl winning coach with an impressive won/loss record and a year off to study every play and hand select His own staff...

And having overcome like 13 players to season ending IR in his previous championship run at GB, so injuries shouldn't be an excuse...

I mean, shouldn't his team look as prepared if not more than his opponent since he's had all that time to prepare himself to include all this type past experience as a winning HC?

He's not new to the NFL. Been a coach for like 2 decades. All these other 31 teams and coaching staffs have undergone these same extenuating circumstances.

I don't know for sure, but in my eyes and all things being equal, he has clearly been a part of the problem and not the solution.

Probably just me.

I mean we are talking about that foreign word 'accountability' here. Lol

And that's a term used as a punchline around here for quite some time now.

My standards of expectation were much higher is all.

Pandemic or no pandemic.

Go Cowboys

Last edited:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Do I trust the big baby who got kicked to the curb by Rogers then played make believe coach in mommies basement for a year then agreed to be Jerruhs ***** then gave jobs to all of his other out of work dead beat retreads?

Not sure yet but not looking too hot so far.

75boyz

Reaction score
Do I trust the big baby who got kicked to the curb by Rogers then played make believe coach in mommies basement for a year then agreed to be Jerruhs ***** then gave jobs to all of his other out of work dead beat retreads?

Not sure yet but not looking too hot so far.

Lol, more simply put than my post but the same.

Cheers

Go Cowboys

75boyz

Reaction score
Mike Nolan is a hot mess. There is a reason he was in broadcasting and not coaching. I would love to elevate Jim Tomsula to that position and let him run the entire D. If we go down, I want it to be with him at the helm, not an overrated never was.

Totally agree.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the results had been more favorable thus far this year then the coaching would have been cited as one of the major contributing factors for the turn around .

But maybe our coaching wasn’t our core issue here and many fans simply used it as a scapegoat cause our talent has been over hyped.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If the results had been more favorable thus far this year then the coaching would have been cited as one of the major contributing factors for the turn around .

But maybe our coaching wasn’t our core issue here and many fans simply used it as a scapegoat cause our talent has been over hyped.
^^ theres that. Your spot on. We are always way overhyped on the field. Jerry sells it and the media always buys the BS. MM has some issues..but not the root problem. The root problem is Mike Nolan not putting the db's in position. Time and time again they are confused and nowhere to be found. Always too late to adjust. Like yesterday. Couple all this with the fact nobody in the NFL is playing any defense right now. Have you noticed? Its been like Arena ball. Defense optional, scoring way up. I think the offseason and no preseason at all has a ton to do with it. I think we may see teams start to gel better on defense as we go along. We typically have 4 preseason games so teams can feel out each other and come together...hone things. We didnt have that. No one did. I think thats why the sloppy undisciplined play thru 3 weeks. That said, coaches have to be better.What we have seen on D is unacceptable at the pro level. Guys should never be routinely running open by 20 plus yards. Too many coverage breakdowns. Looked like highschool.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Why must we always sign these washed up Coaches?

Is it impossible for us to sign a Coach with Potential instead of a Coach who has already reached the peak of his career and is on the downside of it...

McCarthy & Nolan are both Has-Been’s.

Moore is also average Offensive Coordinator. He has incredible talent to play with in our Offense. But still finds a way to screw up. Dak makes him look way better than he actually is.

Washed up or not those 4 wr formations are the best thing thats happened to our Offense in 10 years. Finally a formation that has more continuity and potency than all that predictable checkdown te crap w a bunch of underperforming receiving tes.

Id still be looking for a safety along with a great te. But Everytime we went 4 wr sets we looked more fluid on offense. Then we reverted back to Dalton and Bell and lost our potency.

The Cowboys should have started out in 4wr sets and utilized them more. They should also learn to run the ball from them also.

No NFL defense is stopping Russell Wilson and all of those weapons. Not that we couldnt slow them down more But hes gonna hang 30-35 points on every team. Lol.

We had way more Success not using a te and every time we reverted back to using schultz we looked out of sync.

The oline is better in 4 wr sets also. Id mix alot of dual rbs sets also and just hope they can overcome the lack of sauce at te.

A dominant te scheme with these Average Newbie Tes is dragging this Offense down.

Those 4 wr formations were unstoppable yesterday. Its this teams Identity Now.

We need to expand on changing our Identity as an offense. Having that extra receiver on the field gives dak less line pressure and this team more potency when we need it.

They will definitely not be able to focus on zeke and Dak as much when they are scrambling around trying to figure out whose gonna cover that 4th wr with the better speed.

We actually made alot of mistakes and hung with a contender and still had a shot to win the game on a day where zeke got shut out.

When is the last game we went on the road and zeke got shut down against a contender and still had a shot to win when losing the Turnover Battle.

This was the best offensive game in spirts because of those 4 wr formations. Lol

If we expand on utilizing the 4 wr formations and mix in some dual rb formations it will make this offense even better.

Te is an important role in our running attack (not apparent yesterday) but this is a passing league.

It takes points and these tes have no sauce against good teams so when we play good teams we need to go 4 wide most often. Youre not gonna win a shootout w blake bell dalton schultz or the washed up hofer te. Its gonna take that 4th wr or 2nd rb and this team finally figured that out yesterday after 10 years of the puppet

Last edited:

75boyz

Reaction score
Washed up or not those 4 wr formations are the best thing thats happened to our Offense in 10 years. Finally a formation that has more continuity and potency than all that predictable checkdown te crap w a bunch of underperforming receiving tes.

Id still be looking for a safety along with a great te. But Everytime we went 4 wr sets we looked more fluid on offense. Then we reverted back to Dalton and Bell and lost our potency.

The Cowboys should have started out in 4wr sets and utilized them more. They should also learn to run the ball from them also.

No NFL defense is stopping Russell Wilson and all of those weapons. Not that we couldnt slow them down more But hes gonna hang 30-35 points on every team. Lol.

We had way more Success not using a te and every time we reverted back to using schultz we looked out of sync.

The oline is better in 4 wr sets also. Id mix alot of dual rbs sets also and just hope they can overcome the lack of sauce at te.

A dominant te scheme with these Average Newbie Tes is dragging this Offense down.

Those 4 wr formations were unstoppable yesterday. Its this teams Identity Now.

We need to expand on changing our Identity as an offense. Having that extra receiver on the field gives dak less line pressure and this team more potency when we need it.

They will definitely not be able to focus on zeke and Dak as much when they are scrambling around trying to figure out whose gonna cover that 4th wr with the better speed.

So kinda like the greatest show on Turf Rams concept of 4 wides with Holt, Bruce, Az Zahir Hakim and Proehl...

And Dak is Warner and Zeke is Faulk.

And then I woke up, lol

Go Cowboys

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
So kinda like the greatest show on Turf Rams concept of 4 wides with Holt, Bruce, Az Zahir Hakim and Proehl...

And Dak is Warner and Zeke is Faulk.

And then I woke up, lol

Go Cowboys

When you got the 26th worst te in the league at scoring you gotta find a way to get him off the field and get somebody who can score if you gonna avg all the scoring to compete in this ERA
JS

jsb357

Reaction score
Seem to me to have a lot in common with Garrett.

Mistakes, on the field blunders, not putting players in a position
to succeed.

Seems to me this is an total organizational failure as the brightest spots
(hardest workers) on defense are a rookie and a guy that has not been
in the league in five years?

Moore aka Garrett II can't read the room during a drive.

Had Seattle defense on their heels late and went into a shell to protect the filed goal opportunity.

That reeks of Garrett.

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
The saving grace for him is we won't have to deal with Garrett's constipated genius as OC. I like the offense we run now. If McCarthy wants to be the big man on campus by taking over OC, I'll be annoyed. It's a low standard but as things stand I don't see him doing worse.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm still behind McCarthy. I think Cowboys made too many critical mistakes in the game that you can't afford to make vs a top team like Seattle but I also saw a lot of things that makes me feel they will get these things cleaned up and string together a lot of wins.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We harped on this all last season. The team is offense heavy. We need to invest in the defense and stop trying to win with free agent castoffs and reclamation projects. Jimmy Johnson once said something to the effect of you can't win with dumb players. We have too many dumb players, especially on defense.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Really? Three games into his tenure here? Three games. With no offseason, in literally the most screwed up year of our lifetimes.