CZ POLL Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

Do you think the Cowboys should rest their starters against the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
No.

They need every chance they can get to field something that looks like an NFL offense before it's win or go home time.

I agree. They need more reps in real games (not practice) to sharpen what they can before the playoffs.

Dak, especially, needs to practice his timing with this current group of WRs since Gallup will no longer be available.

Maybe we can rest Zeke at least… he would probably be the only player (aside from Tyron?) that would benefit from an extra week off.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Absolutely not. No tightened muscles/cramps needed for playoffs.

morasp

Reaction score
It sounds like they are a little with all of the players out.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I agree. They need more reps in real games (not practice) to sharpen what they can before the playoffs.

Dak, especially, needs to practice his timing with this current group of WRs since Gallup will no longer be available.

Maybe we can rest Zeke at least… he would probably be the only player (aside from Tyron?) that would benefit from an extra week off.

Im not sure what potentially playing well against the Philly 2nd stringers will really prove or how it benefits the Cowboys. We saw what blowing out a depleted WFT 2 weeks ago proved. Not much the following week when facing a real team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No.

They need every chance they can get to field something that looks like an NFL offense before it's win or go home time.

They did that against Washington and it didn’t carry over against Arizona.

They did it against the Falcons and it didn’t carry over against KC.

Playing good this week means jack squat for the next week. Rest your guys and make sure they’re healthy for the game that matters.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Im not sure what potentially playing well against the Philly 2nd stringers will really prove or how it benefits the Cowboys. We saw what blowing out a depleted WFT 2 weeks ago proved. Not much the following week when facing a real team.

I understand your comparison with the WFT example and us laying an egg the following week, but hear me out.

What benefit does this team gain by sitting starters like Prescott (aside from potentially avoiding injury, which is pretty much up to chance as it can happen at any time)?

On the other hand, giving the offense more reps to work out kinks would be massively beneficial. We can argue that this team is doomed either way because Dak or Kellen Moore can’t lead us to victory, but if that’s how you feel (speaking to anyone in general, not you specifically) then why should you care about starting versus sitting in the first place?

We would HOPE that playing an extra game we could identify problem areas, such plays that should or should not be used, and come up with a better gameplan for the Wild Card round.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
They did that against Washington and it didn’t carry over against Arizona.

They did it against the Falcons and it didn’t carry over against KC.

Playing good this week means jack squat for the next week. Rest your guys and make sure they’re healthy for the game that matters.

except there is a chance you improve your seeding, albeit a small one.

Aven8

Reaction score
These dudes love playing football and the last thing they want to do is to freeze there butts off in Philly and be bored on the sideline watching. As a competitor myself I hated watching. When you’re young you don’t think about getting injured and rest etc.

Having said that I think Parsons being out will help his body for the playoffs. This is the most games he’s ever played in a season. But I can guarantee you he will be watching at home and chomping at the bit!

The Natural

Reaction score
Offense doesn't deserve to rest they need to figure some things out. I'd rest key defensive starters.

disclaimer: I'm banking on both the Rams and Bucs winning.

CWR

Reaction score
I feel like there needs to be a third option. I do feel like some should rest, but that's covid forcing our hand.

Otherwise I'm at a point where I want to see them go out and win. Meaningless or not I don't want to enter the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak and pretend everything is fine.

I remember when the Giants gave it everything they had week 17 vs the Pats, in a meaningless game. They lost a close one, but then caught fire in the playoffs and beat the undefeated Pats I'm the superbowl. This isn't that type of statement game, but I want to win regardless.

CWR

Reaction score
As long as we have as much as a 1% chance of getting the 2 seed, we have to play our starters. There can be no quit in this team.

Right Joe, no quit allowed. Go win this game. It hurts my heart to lose vs Philly scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.