Do you think the Russell Wilson trade will really happen?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
No.. It makes no sense for Seattle.

I think Watson or Wilson ends up being a Jet.

I don't see the Jets trading for Watson or Wilson when they can just draft one on the cheap if they wanted too, they're not one player away and it would make no sense to give away all your draft picks for a highly paid quarterback with no draft capital left to build a roster to help him..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Wilson's under contract for another season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've talked to some Seahawks fans, and they're all disappointed at the way Wilson played vs the Rams. But I don't know if they'd rather have Dak. I guess they appreciate what Dak has done in the NFL, and that he sent them packing in 2018, but I don't know if they're serious about this trade.

I don't see how getting Dak can help the Seahawks much except hamper them down with an equally large contract and having all that dead money to pay off Wilson's remaining due and replace him with a Quarterback considered lesser by most people. They'll be broke soon.

We're gonna need to send off 2 1st round draft picks and a 2nd, possibly more. I know the Dak haters would make that trade in a heartbeat, but I see both sides getting seriously damaged after this trade.
I hope not. he is the worst answer to cowboys problems....Wilson might be better than Dak, but he is 1-3 in the playoffs in the past 5 years. and he would cost precious first round resources to get. the same resources we need to build the defense. plus he costs 35M a year, and would perhaps, at most save us 5M on the cap...not enough to build a defense. and in 3 years he is a FA again, so we won't even get cap flexibility with him.

ESisback

Reaction score
Franchise QBs are harder to come by than disgruntled safeties.

Mahomes could moon Andy Reid on national TV and he wouldn't get traded.

But he’d get asked ‘why’ a lot!

Adreme

Reaction score
No it benefits the Cowboys greatly and not the Hawks. They will take a 39 million cap hit which is bigger than the Eagles with Wentz and still has to pay Dak's asking price.

Which means that to make them do that you have to trade multiple 1s and for a team that needs a LOT of help due to a 3-4 year stint of bad drafts that is not a good formula for retooling a roster.

coult44

Reaction score
I've talked to some Seahawks fans, and they're all disappointed at the way Wilson played vs the Rams. But I don't know if they'd rather have Dak. I guess they appreciate what Dak has done in the NFL, and that he sent them packing in 2018, but I don't know if they're serious about this trade.

I don't see how getting Dak can help the Seahawks much except hamper them down with an equally large contract and having all that dead money to pay off Wilson's remaining due and replace him with a Quarterback considered lesser by most people. They'll be broke soon.

We're gonna need to send off 2 1st round draft picks and a 2nd, possibly more. I know the Dak haters would make that trade in a heartbeat, but I see both sides getting seriously damaged after this trade.

Here in Washington, all the local reporters are laughing at the national media for wasting time talking about it. If this tells you anything.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
About as much of a chance as Texas losing power for 3 days.

Mannix

Reaction score
I still have a horrible feeling we are going to end up with Sam "No Neck" Darnold....the same way I knew for over a year prior that we would end up with Drew Bledsoe.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
It’s like when a free agent is reported to have interest from the cowboys. It rarely goes anywhere and usually means nothing.

Bigdog

Reaction score
They had these trades on a website called New Arena. It was under Yahoo and this is the trade they had Dallas/Seattle. Dallas gets Wilson and gives up Dak, 2021 1st, 2022 2nd. I just laughed when I saw it. I would do that deal in second.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

No...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If people are being truthful with themselves....realistically it makes no sense for the Seahawks to trade Russell this year. There's too much money involved just to pay him to leave your team. It made no sense for the Cowboys to trade Dak and a few draft picks for him either. It makes no sense for the Seahawks to even want to do that.

RS12

Reaction score
I'd welcome that trade but sincerely doubt it happens. Seahawk fans didnt like Russ performance vs the Rams but he did beat them once and the Rams had one of the top defenses in the league. Aaron Donald dominated that playoff game against sub par Seahawk O Line till he got hurt.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Never...the boyz would be so lucky.