Do you think Zeke will go with Dak?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yeah. They don’t want to hear facts. They prefer to ride on pure emotion. Facts just get in the way.
I like Zeke, I would not trade him, but with our current offensive structure and our inability to use a RB correctly, I would trade Zeke before I would trade Gallup.

aria

Reaction score
I realize Zeke did not have an awesome year. I also would not have given in to a new contract for Zeke.

On the other hand, I really don’t get the chagrin over Zeke’s contract. Tank, Jaylon and maybe even a few others deserve way more chagrin than Zeke’s does.

It’s not outside the realm of possibility that he will lead the league again in rushing next year if we fix the OL and give him the ball.
If any RB has a top 5 O line and gets the most carries in the league it’s not outside the realm of possibility they will lead the league in rushing and none of them cost as much as zeke.

aikemirv

Reaction score
But he’s not top performing.
Yes he had a bad year, but he has been top performing from a yardage perspective and from a workhorse back perspective. I really don't care to get into a new metric based argument on RB effectiveness. Zeke can carry the load and always gets positive yardage. A run first team like Baltimore or San Fran would use him the correct way and thrive with him.

aria

Reaction score
Yes he had a bad year, but he has been top performing from a yardage perspective and from a workhorse back perspective. I really don't care to get into a new metric based argument on RB effectiveness. Zeke can carry the load and always gets positive yardage. A run first team like Baltimore or San Fran would use him the correct way and thrive with him.
Based on how much he’s been tapping out, not being able to get around the edge, break tackles, or break long runs I just don’t see it happening. A run first team like SF wouldn’t be dumb enough to pay him and he wouldn’t be able to handle the workload which is why they go RB by comittee.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I like Zeke, I would not trade him, but with our current offensive structure and our inability to use a RB correctly, I would trade Zeke before I would trade Gallup.
Its not just Dallas that doesn't use the run effectively.

Every single team I watch abandons it even if they are doing it well.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Its not just Dallas that doesn't use the run effectively.

Every single team I watch abandons it even if they are doing it well.

When you look at todays pass completion percentages and the way the NFL has promoted the passing game it is easy to see why. McCarthy is a pass first guy who likes to sprinkle in the run. That does not fit Zeke. Most coaches don't have the patience for it anymore and their teams are not disciplined enough to maintain a long drive.

aria

Reaction score
When you look at todays pass completion percentages and the way the NFL has promoted the passing game it is easy to see why. McCarthy is a pass first guy who likes to sprinkle in the run. That does not fit Zeke. Most coaches don't have the patience for it anymore and their teams are not disciplined enough to maintain a long drive.
That’s funny because I kept hearing how bad JG was at using the run and how MM would come in and use zeke like he finally should be used. This clown gets more free passes than any other PLAYER in the league.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Based on how much he’s been tapping out, not being able to get around the edge, break tackles, or break long runs I just don’t see it happening. A run first team like SF wouldn’t be dumb enough to pay him and he wouldn’t be able to handle the workload which is why they go RB by comittee.
NO team is ever taking that contract and this is all a bunch of nonsense.

Besides, Jerry thinks he has a great player in 21.

A "cornerstone" if you will.

What Jerry has is a player that won in college and thats his claim to fame.

The Dallas Cowboys enable him to be a celebrity who gets upset when a media person realizes he isnt anywhere CLOSE to the player he once was before getting his millions and a bout of serious complacency.

Possibly the worst personality match for this organization.

Don't know what disgusts me more....Jerry Jones face or that feed me crap.

They deserve each other.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Not asking the right question. The right question is - what number will Russell Wilson wear in Dallas? Because although he's an amazing quarterback, he's no Captain America!

fivetwos

Reaction score
That’s funny because I kept hearing how bad JG was at using the run and how MM would come in and use zeke like he finally should be used. This clown gets more free passes than any other PLAYER in the league.
Ezekiel Elliott does three things....

Smokes pot.
Shows up when told.
Cashes checks.

He did his deal already in his mind and is in coast mode from here out.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Do you guys believe that Zeke is willing to get traded with Dak as a package deal?

This scenario was talked about on FS1 if it’s a trade for Wilson or Rodgers.

Prescott isn't going anywhere so I guess neither is Elliott.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Did not hear that from me. Garret was absolutely a run first coach. He learned it from the Super Bowl years. The style we used in the 90's was Garrett's forte. Garrett was all about lining up and execution. There were a few years under him that we did that style very well. 2014, 2016 were how his system was supposed to work. Lack of defense, execution, oline depth and a myriad of other factors did him in.

basel90

Reaction score
Do you guys believe that Zeke is willing to get traded with Dak as a package deal?

no one wants zeke for even half what he is earning. Thanks to our FO caving in after the trip to cabo. I Would have rather have them cave a bit to dak but not to a bum like zeke !!

fivetwos

Reaction score
:lmao: Sad but true
Can't wait to hear from all those who dropped 300 plus on his jersey.

"Still great"

"Team leader"

"Rare talent"

Yeah, no.

Feed me. What a joke.

I'm less embarrassed when Jerry picks his nose on national TV.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I think no team would be stupid enough to make that trade and take on that amount of cap hit. I think the Cowboys would not do that deal because it means that we would take like a 25 mil cap hit. FS1 is more talk show then serious Football. No team is going to take on Dak's contract and Zeke's salary because they can't. Nobody wants to be in the situation the Cowboys are in right now. The Cowboys are not going to take that massive Cap hit on a trade. None of this is realistic IMO.

JMO

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry ought to tell Elliott to go to Cabo and not return until he takes a pay cut lol.

Motorola

Reaction score
Not asking the right question. The right question is - what number will Russell Wilson wear in Dallas? Because although he's an amazing quarterback, he's no Captain America!
The right answer is - 3....the number Wilson now wears as a Seahawk ( if somehow Seattle and Dallas makes this deal).
What does "Captain America" aka Roger Staubach have to do with this? His jersey number was 12.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Zekes base contract numbers are not even close to out of line for a top performing RB since Dallas takes the signing bonus hit. A team is only on the hook for 1 year, 9.6 million. His contract would not hamper a trade at all.

I don’t believe that is true. According to over the cap, Zeke’s 2022 salary of $12.4M becomes full guaranteed on 3/22/2021.

So, the acquiring team would be on the hook for $22M over 2 years. Not so terribly bad. And the acquiring team can spread his $22M salary as bonus and spread it out so his cap hit won’t be bad in 2021 or 2022.

Cowboys would eat $14.9 cap hit if Zeke is traded before 1 June. Only a $4.1M cap hit if traded after 1 June.

Zeke can definitely be traded without too much pain especially if we move on from Dak.